MS or what could this be?

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

MS or what could this be?

Post by nexxus »

Hello, I hope this board can help me figure out if this is MS or not.

Here's my history:

Age 23: MMR vaccine, numbness in arms and legs for 6 hours.
Age 44: Took Augmentin/Medrol and lost strength in arms and legs for 2 weeks.
Age 44: Breastfeeding my first baby and I get pregnant: I have what feels like hyperthyroidism and psychosis until I miscarry at 7.5 weeks
Age 46: Severe lower back pain after birth of 2nd baby which lasted about 90 days.
Age 47: Viral illness, on 7th day of illness, back of legs numb for 3 days.
Age 47: I begin to lose orientation (dizziness?) in brief episodes every now and then. I assume it is a B-12 issue so I take sublingual methyl B-12 and it stops after taking it.
Age 47.5: Severe lower back pain which lasted 60 days, no cause.

Age 48 (starting June 24 2018) and ONGOING TO NOW: Initial dizziness on waking the morning this began and extreme tiredness followed by arms and legs buzzing and weakness, unable to walk balanced. My muscles are twitching in some areas and some fingers and toes are clamped together like in a Charlie Horse. I go the ER, all tests normal. When I come home I get diarrhea 6 times and then for the next ten days off and on. I assume it's Norovirus. It also feels like I have some psychosis or I am on the verge of psychosis which stops when my period arrives.

The next few days it leaves my arms and I can do push-ups but legs are still affected and I can barely walk, only shuffle because I now have severe cramping pain in my calves only when I walk. I still have very high anxiety. Only on the first night of calf muscle cramping did it also affect me in my sleep. The extreme and severe calf cramping stops when I take a new probiotic (GI Balance - Bifido, and after having severe pain in the bowel area). I can now walk but with weakness as though the muscles or the nerves have been damaged? Also it later began moving into my upper arms which felt like the muscles were being squeezed and contracting with loss of strength.

These are my current and ongoing symptoms this this began on June 24: Forearms feel like I have carpal tunnel in both and become weak if I try to hold things up for too long. Dizziness gets worse as night approaches. Dizziness occurs off and on throughout the day. I can walk slowly and for about half a mile but my legs feel weak and that's my limit. The pain has shifted to my shins, especially my right shin. It feels tight and I developed sudden unexplained bursitis by my small toe on this foot (which is not going away after 5 weeks now). I had off and on pressure feeling under my right ribs and racing heart which has stopped for now. My muscles are now easily injured, sprained wrist just grabbing something, and now my ankle was easily twisted. My newest scariest symptoms are waking up to my left arm numb two times now which goes away quickly when I shake it, then my right leg did this I did acupuncture to see if it could help and my left side of my body had a reaction, my left side of my face contracted, and when the 30 minute session was finished my left arm was numb and dead feeling! (which I corrected by shaking it). This has never happened to me before in acupuncture. Also I have had rapid weight loss, from 125 to 107. I did start eating much less due to fear of what was wrong in my diet that caused this. I still have occasional nerve twitching in arms and legs in any location. I haven't been able to exercise now for almost 60 days due to weakness. If a neurologist tested me I think they would say I have perceived weakness, because I do have strength for short bursts but it feels like I don't and eventually I just feel like I can walk for much longer or use my arms for much longer. I have no bladder issues or vision, except I can't read very small print and it seems to have come on suddenly. I have two dental abscesses that I'm getting root canalled on Tuesday.

I am currently breastfeeding my almost 3 year old.

The tests I've had done so far:

Full thyroid panel and ultrasound - normal
Vitamin B-12= 1239 HIGH (am I not absorbing it?)
Lyme disease - negative
CBC with differential - normal
Comprehensive metabolic panel - normal
Magnesium - normal
Urinalysis - normal
EKG - normal
rheumatoid arthritis - negative

My diet is organic mostly raw and vegan gluten free, green smoothies, salads, tempeh, Kombucha. I take whole food vitamin complex, Vegan omega 3 DHA/EPA, flax oil, zinc, selenium, Vit A drops, B Complex, methyl B-12 sublingual and spray, D3 2500, milk thistle, calcium-magnesium, magnesium malate, magnesium chloride oil, evening primrose oil, Calm, progesterone cream, carnitine, ubiquinol, curcumin...

Is it possible I'm not absorbing B-12 or D3 and it's become critical? Or does this sound like MS? Thanks for your help, I feel like I'm in hell right now. 8O
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: MS or what could this be?

Post by jimmylegs »

hi and welcome :)
lots of great info to start with - and now i will ask for more :D

the overall long term picture sounds like a system that for whatever reason, is not getting enough of the right ingredients to function properly

last time i had a b vit skyrocket, it was b9, it went through the roof, caused side effects, and it was definitely a cofactor issue. i've more recently (and this is still going waaay back) taken the same amount of b9 (since sorting myself out better though) with no b9 level craziness or side effects whatsoever.

re magnesium normal. more specifics pls. 1.7 mg/dl normal or 2.7 mg/dl normal? huge difference. most 'normal' sickies hang out in the low to mid normal range for serum mag.

also your supplement regimen sounds great but i request fine detail re chemical forms, doses and timings

also pls send as much detail as you can for three typical days of food, fluid, meds and supplements. please see sablesable's recent very good example (it would have been excellent if the supplement details were included too!) http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p254210

while i am no diagnostician i am confident we can at least look for opportunities to help improve your situation :D
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Hi jimmylegs, do you have MS? are you using diet and supplements to control it? Do my symptoms seem like MS? Thanks for that info about your B9 reaction. I know I have leaky gut and systemic candida, sometimes SIBO, as well as mercury toxic which I am working on a program right now to fix it all. I have also had very strange reactions to supplements. A year ago I took 1 vegan omega 3 dha/epa capsule after not having taken it for a while and I reacted to it by repeat hot flashing and falling extremely tired and needed to sleep. I later found out that this was probably a B-12 issue at it's core caused by lack of acetylcholinesterase. So after I started taking B-12, I can now take Omega 3 dha/epa without an issue. Since I'm breastfeeding I need the dha/epa.

My serum magnesium was 2.1 mg./dL tested in the ER on 6-24-18

My diet is like this (same diet every day):

2 oranges, kale or romaine smoothie

Coconut yogurt with wild blueberries

Lightly steamed broccoli, celery, squash, carrots, red onion ,raw garlic and tempeh with flax oil pepper, and celtic sea salt, Veganaise
OR
Romaine salad, cucumbers, red onion or raw garlic, tempeh, flax oil, sea salt pepper, Veganaise

1 16.oz Ginger Kombucha

I drink home distilled pure water throughout the day.

Supplements, changes sometimes:

Megafood womens one daily (sometimes Country Life Liquid Vitamin instead)
Megafood selenium 50 mcg
Megafood Zinc 22.5 mg
Megafood complex C 250 mg
Doctors Best D3 2500 IU
Vit A drops 5000 IU

Liquid B12 complex:
B12 2000 mcg
B1 4 mg
Riboflavin 4 mg
Niacin 29 mg
B6 10 mg
Folate 200 mcg
Biotin 300 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 30 mg

B12 methyl mouth spray .6 mg

Magnesium Chloride spray 560 mg
Magnesium malate 3 pills = 425 mg (I only take one a day)
Calm (I take rarely because the spray oil is effective)
Cal-Mag:
Calcium 600 mg
Magnesium citrate 300 mg
Vitamin D3 400 IU

Taking Barleans flax oil, 2 tsp. a day
Vegan Omega 3 DHA/EPA standard one a day
Evening Primrose 500 mg
Sometimes Gamma E (vitamin E complex 400 IU)
Sometimes acetly-L carnitine
Sometimes Ubiquinol
I also take every day Healthforce Liver Rescue (gives really good sleep), it's milk thistle and some other gallbladder and liver herbs.
Turmeric (Curcubrain)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi :) yep 12 yrs and counting, no DMDs to date. all diet.

it's really impossible to comment on your symptoms and whether they sound like ms, because there are so many similar conditions to be ruled out in a clinical setting, not just via some forum schmuck's opinion of a patient's subjective list, no matter how great that list may be. ;)

leaky gut, candida, sibo and mercury are all things with which i have either personal past xp (now vanquished for good yesss) or a good evidence based rationale for a linked approach. i'm curious about the specifics of that program, can you share? to what degree does it inform your regimen info provided below?

hmm low/deficient acetylcholinesterase will be one for me to read up on. i'm very interested in the metalloenzymes and am curious to learn whether it's one.

pls forgive my having converted SI units above without coverting the actual upper and lower cutoffs for serum mag. i will go back and edit. 0.70 mmol/l - 1.1 mmol/l is a typical poorly defined serum mag 'normal' reference range. converted, that's 0.70/0.411= 1.7 mg/dl to 1.1/0.411 = 2.7 mg/dl. as mentioned above, mid to low reference range is 'patient normal' as opposed to upper reference range which is 'healthy normal'. i generally ask people to get themselves into the 2.3-2.7 range as a starting point; some healthy individuals' levels actually site above the normal range, although there is such a thing as magnesium toxicity once you get up into the 4 mg/dl neighbourhood. great that your result is so recent, clear marching orders there :) you can read ss's post (linked above) for more detail, as her circumstance also warranted some attention to magnesium status. things have been on the mend in a matter of days. that's fairly typical in my xp.

may i request timing and estimated quantity details for your excellent food and supplement info?
for timing, i'm looking for details like what goes into you first thing upon waking. what if anything do you take before your first meal. what do you take with it. after it. with or near morning snack. etc etc etc

while you work on that i'll go through your overall regimen and see if anything leaps out even in the absence of timing details :)
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Thanks for your help, I am so happy to hear you have it controlled with diet :o . If you wouldn't mind, I would love to know what your diet and supplements are because in case this is MS I would like to start now! BTW if it is MS, I have proof that it's probably largely a gut issue because the probiotic I took stopped the severe calf cramping just a few hours after I took it. I've even looked into fecal transplant all ready.

Have you heard of people who need B-12 shots because they can't absorb B-12? I'm really suspicious of my very high B-12. I've had two prior tests for B-12 (2014) and both came in very high even when not taking B-12 supplements.

I'll check that link and report back with more info about diet but in the meantime I could just follow yours with some vegan modifications. Right now I'm very scared and lost so I have not been eating at the right times as I should since this started, so many doctors appointments. I have neurologist appointment being set for mid September, but I have also wondered if this is an endocrine issue, such as ACTH or hypothalamus issue, even adrenal issue. I have low blood pressure, lower body temp, poor sodium retention. I'm sick of feeling crippled, my muscles hurt and feel weird and I have no answers. I was a very active athletic person and loved to move, do yoga, jogging, walk all day long cleaning the house and yard work. That it came on so suddenly makes me think it is autoimmune, at first I thought it was Guillian Barr syndrome. I have never been unable to diagnose and fix an illness before, I've spent 5 weeks now trying to figure out what happened to me doing my own research. I'm thinking about seeing a chiropractic neurologist next week to get an answer sooner, the wait for neurologists is very long.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I'm intrigued that you have a problem with aceytlcholinesterase and later note you have poor sodium retention.

Aceytlcholinesterase is the enzyme that breaks down the neurotransmitter, aceytlcholine , when it is discharged from the neuron and sits in the synaptic cleft. Some of it triggers sodium to wash over the muscle complex (called the sarcolemma) to change the polarity of the muscle cells so that calcium is released from part of the cell called the sarcoplasmic reticulum. This starts the process that makes muscles contract. That step is called excitation/contraction coupling.

How was aceytlcholinesterase diagnosed as an issue and by whom? Did they treat it? How was the poor sodium retention diagnosed and how did they treat that?

When you say you have low blood pressure what sort numbers do you mean? Sodium has a role in blood pressure.

I can identify with a lot of what you've described however I feel I should know more about how they treated what has been diagnosed before I suggest anything.

Regards,
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi again :)

i don't like the idea of you mimicking my current regimen, as it may not be appropriate for you at present. my supplement regimen has changed over time and is very tailored to current status and needs, as suggested sometimes just by the signs i've come to recognize, but preferably by evidence from lab work (which i don't overdo by any means).

after i was first diagnosed i did not look up from research for i would say about 8 months. i did a ton of work with both diet and supplements. i worked very hard on all the details for years after dx, and learned the hard way about all kinds of pitfalls. in hindsight i'm very glad i was diagnosed as it taught me the errors of my previous ways (not to say that i became an infallible genius mind you - far from it)

case in point: in the last several years i got a bit lazy with supplements. having changed my diet so much, i thought that might be enough. i was also concerned i might overdo something with my supplement regimen.

i got lazy with testing too, which was a not a clever move. not that i ever want to overdo testing, but i put too much emphasis on work and didn't make enough time to go to the lab even once in a year, or follow up for results info, or take appropriate next steps. part of the dynamic there was a new family doc in the picture - my previous one, who had been my gp before during and after dx, as well as throughout the entire nutrient testing learning curve, had retired.

earlier this year i learned my lesson (because dx wasn't enough of a wake up call apparently :S ). i suffered a bout of the flu (if it wasn't the flu it was the most painful and debilitating some-other-infection i've ever had) followed by symptoms of an active brain lesion later confirmed on mri. it was two months from the day i decided to take time off work, until i was neuro-certified back to (my) normal.

finally, overdue bloodwork pointed up the nutritional issues (only one of which was picked up by the neighbourhood lab and relayed to my doc) and i've since taken steps. i still need to work out more though, to get back to my own 100%.

here is some of my thinking re the microbiome (you may have read/heard all of this before). a worthwhile target for action, and for better or for worse, 'if you build it they will come'. create the right habitat and the right microbiota will survive there. without the right habitat, neither supplemental nor transplanted beneficial populations will be self-sustaining long term. given the wrong habitat, harmful populations are given an opportunity to thrive. with chemical antibiotics, everything dies. with nutritional 'antibiotics', a healthy beneficial population distribution is maintained. in the gut, proper habitat relies largely on the correct assembly of abiotic ecosystem components ie minerals, ph level, etc.

how are your doctors following up on your elevated serum cobalamin? related research you'll likely have seen:

The pathophysiology of elevated vitamin B12 in clinical practice
https://academic.oup.com/qjmed/article/ ... 05/1538806
"an abnormally high serum cobalamin level forms a warning sign requiring exclusion of a number of serious underlying pathologies. Functional cobalamin deficiency can thus occur at any serum level"

i would definitely NOT throw b12 shots into a system that appears to be out of order for some reason. i'd say i was at my absolute worst cognitively when i was - with all good intentions - loading high purine foods into a system with stubborn low uric acid. years passed and if anything things got worse. finally it clicked that there was a missing cofactor and that it must be zinc. i had it tested (fortunately at the right lab to flag deficiency) and corrected the problem. i hypothesized after the fact, without ever having tested serum ammonia, that my liver had been missing what it needed to convert toxic ammonia to antioxidant uric acid. with zinc repletion, my serum uric acid levels shot up to healthy control levels, and my chronic and severe cognitive issues cleared up in a flash. (whew glad that was reversible - some of my issues are definitely not).

not to say that you have heart failure but this study title gets at my thinking, where possibilities re your elevated serum b12 are concerned.

Elevated levels of vitamin B12 in chronic stable heart failure: a marker for subclinical liver damage and impaired prognosis
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5995286/

at present my dietary regimen is focused tightly on the evidence based harvard healthy eating plate, augmented by my years of learning the hard way not to willfully misinterpret public health information for personal ideological reasons. where i go above and beyond public health recommendations relates to cases in which research suggests that a dietary intake sufficient to achieve a population 'normal' serum level for a given nutrient, is not adequate for maintaining optimal healthy serum levels. magnesium is one example. related details in 'paragraph' 7 here: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p254159

it is critically important to examine your diet and supplement regimen, especially as a lactating vegan.

please copy and post detailed info for each of the 16 questions below:

1. what are the details for any supplement(s) before breakfast? (for any supplement info please provide link to ingredients label)

2. what did you have for breakfast
today?
yesterday?
day before yesterday?

re food info, pls be specific and detailed as possible (estimate quantities if you need to) eg
  • breakfast:
    1/2 c steel cut oats
    1/2 c mixed berries
    2 oz 2% (grass-fed/organic) milk
    2 tbsp flax seed
    1/2 tbsp maple syrup
3. what are the details for any supplement(s) with breakfast?

4. what are the details for any supplement(s) after breakfast?

5. what is your typical morning snack?

6. what are the details for any supplement(s) taken mid morning?

7. what are the details for any supplement(s) taken before eating lunch?

8. what did you/will you have for lunch
today?
yesterday?
the day before?

9. what are the details for any supplement(s) taken with lunch?

10. what are the details for any supplement(s) taken after eating lunch?

11. what is your typical afternoon snack?

12. what are the details for any supplement(s) taken mid afternoon?

13. what are the details for any supplement(s) taken before eating dinner/supper?

14. what did you/will you have for dinner/supper
today?
yesterday?
the day before?

15. what are the details for any supplement(s) taken after dinner?

16. what are the details for any supplement(s) taken in the evening? at bedtime?

looks like answering those should be a fairly simple copy and paste exercise for you (with a bit more recipe detail for certain things), given all the excellent info you have already posted here :D
good timing info through the day, in particular how supplements are combined (or not) with food and with each other, are key pieces of information!
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Hi Scott, yes here's some info about it:

...Both acetyl cholinesterase and butiryl-cholinesterase markedly decreased in the plasma of the vitamin B12-deficient.

The proper functioning of the central nervous system is dependent on One-carbon metabolism that takes place in the brain. The One-carbon cycle actually includes a series of biochemical reactions that occur in every cell of the human body. The cycle is crucial for the synthesis of DNA, RNA, neurotransmitters, membrane phospholipids, and myelin. Among these, the neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, acetylcholine, and nor-epinephrine) are essential for the maintenance of the cognitive functions of the brain, and myelin is required for neuronal protection and communication as described above.

Omega 3 raises acetycholine and with deficient acetylcholinesterase (due to B12 deficiency), I wasn't able to break down the excess is my guess . So I know I was B12 deficient at the time I took the Omega 3 dha/epa and I just looked up what caused the reaction. So now that I'm taking methyl B-12, I can now take Omega 3 dha/epa with no problems.

My bp is 90/60 or sometimes 85/50. My plasma sodium is normal, but maybe my intra-cellular sodium is not? because I don't retain water. I need to drink liquids and water constantly.
Last edited by nexxus on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Thank you jimmylegs for your help. Do you have a suggestion for the right test for nutritional deficiencies? I'm about to get a hair analysis done for heavy metals and minerals as I know I have mercury toxicity (reaction to vaccine and unsafe amalgam removal reaction). I should mention that my brain function and memory is super sharp and fast so it is unaffected by this condition. As for the high B-12, I had an EKG and liver enzymes were tested which were normal. In fact my doctor commented that my low number on the SGOT/AST means a very healthy liver. Does the EKG rule out heart issues? My sister also has very high B12 levels despite no supplements and I have read that this is an MTHFR issue. The B12 is not being utilized and such a person must take ONLY methyl B12 and methylated cofactors to absorb it. I have the methy B's but when this attack occurred and i took it to try and stop the attack, the full body electric buzzing got worse so I stopped methy B's for a while. The progesterone cream was critical in reducing the severity of this problem, that I know.

Which type of zinc do you suggest? Maybe mine isn't the right type.

I totally agree on the microbiome. I just started on a year long program to fix my gut and remove mercury. She starts the program with a medication to repair the gut lining. The 4th part of her program is VSL#3 and spore and colony forming probiotics, after gut is healed and sealed. She emphasizes diet as well, and says no to my tempeh but she likes the rest of my diet, she says all soy is now GMO. She wants me to eat eggs (animal protein), and I told her ONLY if the chickens are someone's pets who are treated well.

Right now I'm very moody with my supplements and diet because I'm freaked out, so it's all over the place but I'll try to put something together.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

no problem :)

the first constellation of nutrient tests i generally ask about includes
serum ferritin (because it's standard therefore easy)
serum b12 (old standard for ms patients even if commonly misinterpreted, and a non issue in your case since you already have tons of detail)
serum d3 (which has become more popular)
serum magnesium (which you already have, and we know you can work on boosting that 2.1 mg/dl result - once i see timing of the d3 intake in relation to various intakes of diff forms of mag, we might have some clues how best to proceed)
serum zinc (hopefully approaching 120 µg/dL, or at least above the 100 µg/dL)
serum copper (ideally slightly lower than serum zinc, such that the serum copper to serum zinc ratio is between 0.7 and 1.0). for example if serum copper is 115 and serum zinc is 120, ratio is 0.96.

second tier:
serum vitamin B1 (not a documented nutrient of concern for ms patients, but one which features prominently in a semi freaky old ms highdose multivit/min/diet protocol which did me a LOT of good in early days)
serum vitamin E (a more thinly documented nutrient of concern for ms patients, and one which features prominently in that same semi freaky old ms protocol)
serum selenium (has been reported lower in ms patients, with everything else and the kitchen sink, makes it into the freaky old protocol)

nice to know, but not an essential nutrient test:
serum uric acid

re high b12, again i am not hinting at heart issues but only at the possibility that something is missing. my liver numbers always came back great too and yet, subclinically there was that one missing factor, such that sluggish (and unevaluated) systems leapt into action once the right ingredients were added to the mix :)

MTHFR is my immature alter-ego's favourite gene. again this is no comment on your condition in particular, but just a note related to nutrients' ability to modify genetic expression

High folic acid consumption leads to pseudo-MTHFR deficiency, altered lipid metabolism, and liver injury in mice
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/101/3/646/4569422

i used to be fixated on methylcobalamin but lately i've dialled it back and am okay with dietary intake and where supplements are concerned i am happy converting the less optimal cyanocobalamin to methylcobalamin on my own. there was a time that was not the case however :)

interesting note re the progesterone cream. i don't have any specific related input but will keep it in mind in case something relevant appears in search results later.

re zinc form, i personally use something called l-opti zinc by now foods. it's zinc citrate and is balanced with copper which may or may not be important on a case by case basis.
zinc from vegetable sources is less readily bioavailable which means 22.5 mg may only make it through to your body systems as 15 mg. that should be okay, but the upper limit from supplements alone is 40 mg/d

i don't really do soy any more. the gmo aspect is a great excuse to dump ever increasing amounts of glyphosate on the landscape. with not-so-sexy results :P ugh
soy got slowly phased out as i went more and more whole food and less and less processed (ie fortified - le sigh)

fwiw, eggs (a high protein diet) also featured prominently in the freaky ms protocol. eggs were actually my very first step in the transition from hard core vegan to whole food 'ethical omni' and 'high-percentage vegan' WHATEVER THAT IS (i made it up). from where i sat, it was better than giving my non existent riches to some drug company.

FOR REAL i feel you re needing comfort as to source. i made a point of finding a small family farm which at the time was right on my country commute to work. early days i would go with correct change, leave it in the jar and take the dozen that had my name on them. these days the eggs are in a mini fridge in the porch, first come first serve and you make your own change from the cash box. when i was in classes for my master's, one of my fellow students raised chickens and would bring eggs for classmates. these are the kind of eggs i can deal with :)

i can definitely empathize with the moodiness - it's a scary time. i will look forward to checking out whatever regimen answers you are able to document!
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi Nexxus,

That's quite interesting. Do you have a link to the source document for those quotes? I'd like to read it.

The question I asked earlier was how were you diagnosed with the aceytlcholinesterase issue or have you just joined the dots?

Regards,
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

jimmylegs wrote:re zinc form, i personally use something called l-opti zinc by now foods. it's zinc citrate and is balanced with copper which may or may not be important on a case by case basis.
L-Optizinc is an amino acid chelate with methionine.

https://www.vitacost.com/now-l-optizinc ... g-capsules
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

my bad l-optizinc is relatively recent for me. my previous one was zinc citrate.

https://www.nowfoods.com/supplements/l- ... g-capsules

L-OptiZinc® is a form of Zinc complexed with the amino acid Methionine. Research has demonstrated this product to be better absorbed and retained longer compared to several other forms of Zinc tested.*

L-OptiZinc® is a registered trademark of InterHealth Nutraceuticals Inc.

https://bit.ly/2nVIL5z

Zinc Monomethionine
Zinc monomethionine is a combination of the mineral zinc and the amino acid methionine. Supplement manufacturers claim that zinc monomethionine is more easily absorbed because methionine is the body’s most readily absorbed amino acid. InterHealth Nutraceuticals has published three preclinical studies to support this claim, evidence that is less authoritative and conclusive than the findings of a controlled study. A common brand of zinc monomethionine is OptiZinc, which combines zinc and methionine in a 1:1 ratio.
nexxus
Getting to Know You...

Post by nexxus »

Thanks for the info on L-OptiZinc. I have adrenal burnout so I've been studying the theories about the cause, and copper toxicity and low zinc is mentioned by many doctors.

Scott, here's some info I found on aceytlcholinesterase. I just figured it out myself by looking online. I also just found out that 80% of our neurotransmitters are made in the gut! (Dr. Klinghardt)

https://alyshwedo.wordpress.com/2015/12 ... ling-arts/

https://klinghardtinstitute.com/autism-solutions/

Causes
• Lack of appropriate preconception health care
• Transfer of environmental toxins, metals and microbes trans-placentally.
• Effects of microwave radiation on the foetus and newborn children from various sources: cordless phones, Wi-Fi, baby monitors, smart meters and computers.
• Mercury and aluminium toxicity, organophosphates, glyphosate, PBDEs, phthalates and other chemicals.
• Borrelia species, viruses, mycoplasma.
• Systemic family issues

Treatment Options
• Balancing the gut microbiome (diet, enzymes, pre and probiotics, faecal transplant)
• Gc protein macrophage activating factor
• Biomedical approach (micronutrients, hormones, neurotransmitters)
• Movement therapies and neurodevelopmental techniques
• Masking, hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
• Applied physics (energy medicine): transcranial low level laser and microwave, magnetic fields, pulsed micro-current, laser field restructuring etc
• Family constellation work, applied neurobiology

*Interestingly, my 8 year old has autism (not my 2 year old) but I followed a protective protocol during pregnancy with my 2 year old. He mentions transfer of environmental toxins, metals and microbes trans-placentally, Borrelia species, viruses, mycoplasma (I know I have mercury toxicity and now I'm thinking I have Lyme and co-infections). The Lyme/co-infection I now think is causing all of my current symptoms because the dizziness started right after treating our very sick cat for 60 days with 3 rounds of antibiotics and only doxycycline cured her. I was also scratched by 2 different cats in the last few years.
• Systemic family issues (my dad just died of dementia at age 78, and his dad died of dementia in his 60's) So in my family genetics we have a problem with detoxifying metals (probably due to MTHFR) and because of the metals in the brain and gut, Lyme and co-infections, and viruses win the battle in our brains. Both myself and my dad had/have Herpes virus as well and probably the other viruses implicated in MS as well. My dad died the same way MS patients do, loss of swallow reflex. So dementia and MS are probably caused by the same process. My dad was in the Marines and probably shot full of some nasty vaccines which started his downhill decline. I just found out that many Marines have died of a fast killing ALS after getting the military anthrax vaccine. So after I got the MMR at age 23 to get into college, I developed chronic fatigue syndrome for 5 years. I used a raw vegan diet to pull myself out of it.

Articles about aceytlcholinesterase:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18422
https://pdb101.rcsb.org/motm/54
https://brainblogger.com/2014/07/30/vit ... sequences/
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

a good copper zinc balance is key. quality zinc supplements include copper (an appropriately tiny amount in relative terms) because without it, their chronic use may cause copper deficiency - which has its own fun bunch of serious problems!! :S

Return to “Undiagnosed”