Not sure what to think

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Not sure what to think

Post by jimmylegs »

in your mind or for real piped in tunes, z? it's been ages since i was in a machine with actual tunes as an option. i like your playlist haha
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Real :) Very bad audio quality but better than nothing
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

lil' jelly! since i expect to be sent back in shortly for a third go, perhaps i will say something. they're in the midst of renovations anyway... ;)
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
vortexmama79
Family Member

Post by vortexmama79 »

Well, the MRI of the spine showed no signs of demyelination. Which is good. Some not so good discs but nothing major. So now I’m guessing the neuro will just “watch me.” Cause according to my last visit there are not enough spots on my brain to for sure call it MS. So it’s like pre-MS? Or is it the start of something else? I don’t like the maybe it is let’s just see idea. Of course my next appointment isn’t till 10/22. This is all so frustrating.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

while in limbo you can take steps to make yourself as little like a typical ms patient as possible, nutritionally at a minimum. it's good to know where you stand not only for b12 and d3 but for magnesium, zinc, copper, ferritin, uric acid and probably some other things i've neglected to include off the top of my head.
most of the levels for ms patients are low normal vs higher normal in healthy controls. important to have specific targets in mind rather than relying on the ranges provided by neighbourhood labs.
vortexmama79
Family Member

Post by vortexmama79 »

I was thinking the same thing jimmylegs. Best I can do is start taking really good care of myself and maybe look into supplements. Doubt I can get more labs done anytime soon but I am going to re-look at what I’ve had drawn and work from there.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Great news. Better lifestyle, some supplements, more physical activity and you will be alright.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

you can get bloodwork if you are determined and have the funds to cover the expense. it's not an option for everyone all the time that's for sure though.
next best thing is to get a really good handle on how your diet and lifestyle contribute to meeting public health recommendations for dietary intakes of essential nutrients. once you know what a good whole food diet is contributing, then you can top up with supplements. stay active too, but recognize that the more active you are the more nutrition you need! if your docs have never referred you to a dietitian, it's something you can ask for. rds are not likely to advise on the supplement piece (except maybe vit d), but they might be able to help you tweak things to improve nutrient density in food.

Return to “Undiagnosed”