What diet?

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
RightWill

What diet?

Post by RightWill »

Not diagnosed but seeing doc in a month. Something like MS going on and I had two MRI with lesions showing in the past. The vision and numbness symptoms are getting worse. I really don't follow and diet at all.

Should I start? If so where should I look to find a good diet?

Thanks
Rick
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: What diet?

Post by ElliotB »

Welcome to TIMS. Being proactive is definitely a good thing. I started 'treating' myself prior to getting a diagnosis. Good health in every way, not just diet, cannot be bad.

One thing about diet is that there is no consensus on what foods are the healthiest and what works the best, but there are many, many theories and many, many diets. Do some research and then pick one you think is best.

Along with diet, consider other key areas that can impact your health, such as exercise, supplements, elimination of known 'bad' foods, elimination of all stress and plenty of sleep to name a few.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: What diet?

Post by jimmylegs »

in whatever way(s) that your previous status quo has deviated from public health recommendations, including published recommendations for your daily intakes of various essential nutrients, make the needed corrections. the established ms diets (which are discussed in the 'diet' forum) reflect an array of corrections for their various authors' pre-dx dietary extremes.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.