Does this sound like a symptom of MS?

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Shrekk

Does this sound like a symptom of MS?

Post by Shrekk »

Hello everyone
About a year ago I got the flu and with the flu came tingling. The Dr said my body was getting over the flu and that it will take a few months for it to completely stop.

I pretty much self diagnosed myself with BFS but haven't been to a Dr yet since then.

Here are my symptoms.
Muscle spasms all over my body, cramp like feeling in my legs sometimes, sometimes my arms, sometimes no where. Thumb twitches sometimes in my right hand sometimes in my left but the tingling is what is driving me crazy. And it's not when I'm up and about walking around it's when I lay down and go to sleep. There is no weakness involved but when I lay down my whole body tingles. Prettty much from head to toe. My arms, my legs, and it gets worse when I turn over on my side. And the tingling is on both legs and both arms. But again once I get up and move around I don't feel weak, I don't feel tired, and the tingling is either gone or still there but on a very low level.

Does this sound anything like MS? I haven't been to a neurologist yet because there's no fatigue or weakness or vision problems but I just wanted to ask around for some opinions on the forum.

Thank you
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Does this sound like a symptom of MS?

Post by ElliotB »

Welcome to TIMS. Sorry to read that you are not feeling well.

There are many, many thing that could be going on from something as simple as a vitamin deficiency such as a vitamin B deficiency which symptoms often present themselves as:

Weakness, tiredness, or lightheadedness.
Heart palpitations and shortness of breath.
Pale skin.
A smooth tongue.
Constipation, diarrhea, loss of appetite, or gas.
Nerve problems like numbness or tingling, muscle weakness, and problems walking.
Vision loss.

OR something a lot more serious/complex. There are many, many, many illnesses that have MS like symptoms.

Your best bet at this time may be to find a really good doctor to help you figure out exactly what is going on in your case based on a thorough examination and thorough testing. A simple blood test may tell you a lot or may reveal nothing and indicate the necessity of more sophisticated testing. Hopefully it will just be something very simple and discovered/corrected quickly.

Good luck!