Back again after 3 years

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Mellyjoe

Back again after 3 years

Post by Mellyjoe »

Hey guys, I’ll give a brief run down of some things and timeline of my issues.
I’m 28 years old and I had my first symptoms June 2016 after giving birth to my second child the August before.
I was having right sided upper facial numbness and left arm tingling, mainly in my last 3 digits and down my fore arm. I would get occasional leg tingling but it wouldn’t be consistent. During my first bout of facial numbness I worked in a call center and couldn’t add to simple numbers 3 and 11... it was a loss... I looked at my coworker and said I have no idea what that adds up to be and i don’t know what’s wrong with me, complete confusion. After that I felt foggy for weeks, off and on till dec. I had two mris of the brain, one even with contrast, both were normal. Lumbar puncture was negative and I had MANY blood tests done.

December I saw my Neuro again 2016 and he wanted to try me on gabapenton but I was reluctant without any proper diagnosis considering he was also sure my symptoms would warrant a abnormal brain MRI. No I haven’t had a cervical done.

A few years went on and I felt like I was symptom free, a lot in my life has changed, I got a divorce and now I feel a lot less stress in that aspect. For a while a chalked it up to be anxiety and went on my way.

A few weeks ago I noticed a small right upper cheek bone facial numbness or tingle you may say, it feels odd but i can still feel my face when it’s touched. I’ve began working out in the gym to better myself and that’s when I have also noticed an extreme difference in my right arm and a constant weak feeling, day in and out as I use my mouse at work, just uncomfortable. With those two minor symptoms I went about my days, now i am beginning to feel like something bigger is coming on if that makes sense? Extremely foggy and almost like I just can’t focus no matter what I do, darker spots what seems like in my peripheral vision that I can’t pin point but it just seems overall shadier in that area. It’s making me emotional because I remember how I felt and how it was so hard for me to describe it and with a clean mri I felt like I was crazy. I have a new heart mur mur also diagnosed in 2017 which I never have had before... I feel like my body is slowly showing me new things and for being so young the muscle weakness and abs random numbness and confusion is hard to understand. I at times will throw something I’m holding like a pen or phone and no even realize it, it seems like I drop it but it’s almost more a spasm.... I’m just looking to see if anyone can relate to me, am I searching in the wrong place or could this vey well be the beginning to my future of flares and figuring out a dx. Thanks so much.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Back again after 3 years

Post by ElliotB »

The symptoms you have could be any number of things. It may be time to visit your doctor(s) again.

In the last 3 years, what kind of changes have you made with regard to your health?
Mellyjoe

Post by Mellyjoe »

I’ve began a better diet, began working out more often, taking a lot of time for self care and mental health as well. I thought since so much time had passed that i was in the clear and now I’m back feeling like it’s the beginning of another few months of symptoms again, it’s almost like I can feel it coming on. I see my family doctor next week and planned on discussing the re occurance of these symptoms again
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

What kind of diet are you following? Are you on a gluten free diet?

Many diseases can go into remission for long periods of time giving a false sense of security.