Spine uncomfortable to touch

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Dololo
Getting to Know You...

Spine uncomfortable to touch

Post by Dololo »

I've noticed that my whole spine is extremely sensitive to touch. Every time my partner accidently touches my spine, when hugging or giving a massage, I jerk away or even yell. Getting my spine touched is not directly painful, but it's highly uncomfortable, I immediately feel nausea and strong tingling and uncomfortable sensations that lasts for a while. It just feels "wrong". Other people don't seem to mind their spines being touched during massages etc, so clearly there's something weird about me. I've tried Google but can't find anything similar. Maybe someone on this forum has some insight?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Spine uncomfortable to touch

Post by jimmylegs »

that sounds like one for the doc/mri.
speculation via dr google probably not your best bet!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5770645/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3759066/
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Dololo
Getting to Know You...

Post by Dololo »

Please understand doctors have been of *no* help to me this far, hence me turning to an internet forum where people at least have experience and knowledge built on living with diagnosed illnesses. Maybe some day I will be taken seriously and get proper diagnosis (whatever it turns out to be) and treatment. Until then, I can only try to educate myself and get an overview over what might be wrong with my body.

I am sick no matter if I "Google" or not, and for years I have just tried to accept my disability and live with it as best I can. Honestly I'm getting fed up by this, when I can tell there is something very wrong with my body, and I'm determined to figure out what, even if it means doing research on my own, and reaching out to people who might have experience with the same strange symptoms that I do and what it might mean.

Thanks for your links. But keep in mind I had already been ill for two years before moving to the African continent. So it's not new symptoms I've gotten while here.
Regarding TB, I have gotten two radiograph examinations for TB the last couple of years — one recently — for visa purposes. Also I was vaccinated for TB as a child, so I think the chances for that are slim. But thanks for sharing, this might be worth investigating further at a later stage.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

QED. guesswork not helping.. it's too bad the docs are not helping either. hopefully your efforts turn up something actionable.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Undiagnosed”