B12 question

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: B12 question

Post by jimmylegs »

it was a pain for sure and all along as i was getting sicker i thought i was actually doing the right thing diet-wise. like a chump.
luckily you don't have to learn it all at once. a quality diet, a quality multi vit/min, some omega 3s and vit d3 (with mag of course) as needed would be a pretty well-rounded and relatively simple routine.
the multis for active ppl pack a stronger nutritional punch so i usually go for those. i have the one with no iron because i really like the company and my ferritin levels were on the high side for a bit. then after a while i started to feel tired so i added an active multi with some iron. now i like having both and can switch back and forth if and as needed.
even though overloading is a valid concern whether it's about waste or imbalance, i personally pay pretty close attention to safe daily upper limits so for me it's more about optimizing nutrient absorption, flexibility and customization.
if it's any consolation re the overwhelmed bit, i'm a lot and i mean a LOT more functional now than when i started in on the learning curve. i didn't even understand how poorly i was functioning cognitively when i was malnourished, but in retrospect it was bad. (now that i'm thinking along those lines i recall as well that zinc was a big factor in the brain power department)...
be patient with yourself, you might encounter some pleasant surprises :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
LilliThree
Getting to Know You...

Post by LilliThree »

Thanks, JL, I really appreciate your input and encouragement.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

no probs, that's why we're here :D
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.