Lp results / mri results

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Jessica200131
Getting to Know You...

Lp results / mri results

Post by Jessica200131 »

Hi
I am wondering if anyone could help me understand the results of my brain mri and spintal tap and whether it points to ms. My gp doesn't help me at all to understand these results and I dont see my neurologist until the end of september.

PROTEIN GLU APPEAR.PANEL;CSF

Glucose;csf 3.02 mmol/L
Protein;csf 0.28 g/L

CELL COUNT &DIFF PANEL ;CSF

Leukocytes 2nd SPE;CSF;MAN 1 (10x6/L)
Erythrocytes 2nd SPE;CSF;MAN 12 (10x6/L) - above high normal

DIFFERENTIAL PANEL;CSF

Total cells counted ;csf 13 (10x6L)
Above high normal

Ok thats is my results for Lp if anyone can help me understand it would be great and i will post mri results shortly .
Jessica200131
Getting to Know You...

Re: Lp results / mri results

Post by Jessica200131 »

Mri with and without contrast of head

Went in for vision loss in right eye by the way.

"There are 5 -10 hyperintense lesions within the periventricular/subcortical white matter, several of which project perpindicular to the ventricles in a dawsons fingers appearence. The largest indovidual lesion is in the periventricular white matter of the left frontal lobe and measures 8.2 mm x 5.6 mm. There are 2 pericallosal lesions on the right ; however none of these lesions involve the corpus callosum. "
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Lp results / mri results

Post by Scott1 »

Hi Jessica,

No one on this site is going to take of the risk of guiding you to a wrong conclusion. Even a neurologist needs skill to make the right call.
Nevertheless, lesions mean a type of scarring but that could be due to many things. "Dawsons fingers" is a pattern of scarring but it is not a definitive sign. Lots of people have these without any symptom of anything.
High Erythrocytes indicate a lot of red blood cells which sometimes happens with many sorts of illnesses and sometimes mean nothing at all.
What they are looking for is a reason for your vision loss. It may be related to the lesions and sometimes these things resolve with time.
It would be a giant leap to interpret this over the internet. I do think, however, you have had the right tests.

Regards,