Any advice?

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
TanyaT
Getting to Know You...

Re: Any advice?

Post by TanyaT »

Hi Scott,

It was just of the head, no contrast.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

I read your general reply and can see it must be very difficult for you. To be treated the way you have described by the people you are relying on is,simply, not fair. You need. at least, an MRI of the spine and another of the brain with contrast. If it is at all possible, I think you should change to another group of medical advisors who will do that sort of scan or at least provide a more professional level of care.
If you have edema as well then that is clearly another issue. I hope that doesn't mean you have problems with hypertension (high blood pressure) as well.

Regards,
TanyaT
Getting to Know You...

Post by TanyaT »

Scott,

My former PCP is a WONDERFUL doctor (I am so sorry that I had to leave him), and he sent in a referral to the MS Center of Excellence, which is about an hour away from where I live. He sent the referral about a week ago. I haven't heard back from them, yet, about an appointment, but I called today to and left a message for the person who schedules the initial appointments, so hopefully I will hear soon. The last few days have been really awful.

The shaking and numbness in my arms/hands are really bad, especially in my left arm/hand... well, at least today it's my left arm. It could be my right tomorrow. I have horrible pain in my ribs on my left side; it's not quite the full "banding" around the whole chest, like it usually is (for which I am very grateful), but it still hurts like hell. My double vision has gotten terrible (even with my glasses on), and all I want to do is sleep. my scalp feels numb and tingly. My face, mouth, tongue and teeth feel numb. I'm having trouble speaking... slurring words/tripping over them. I keep ending up in massive coughing fits because I'm choking on my own spit all the time or drinks "go down the wrong tube." But the worst part is that I feel like I'm f**king stoned all the time. Seriously. My brain is in a complete fog. I feel like I'm half drunk or like I've taken a handful of painkillers of something (I haven't). I just can't think or concentrate or focus or anything. Does anyone else get like this?