Biotin Response

Biotin is an emerging therapy for the treatment of secondary progressive MS.

What is your response to Biotin?

I am on 300mg/day and I have noticed a change
33%
I am on over 300mg/day (could be averaged over a week) and I have noticed a change
5%
I am on less than 300mg/day (eg a "Bioceutical" 10,000IU supplement) and I have noticed a change
10%
I am on 300mg/day and I have not noticed a change
19%
I am on over 300mg/day (could be averaged over a week) and I have not noticed a change
5%
I am on less than 300mg/day and I have not noticed a change
5%
I have been on it for too short a time frame to tell (NB: you can come back and change later)
5%
I am not specifically taking Biotin (may be in a multi), but just wanted to click on something ;) Or I do not fit into any of the categories above (you can post details below if you wish)
19%

Total votes: 21

CureOrBust
Family Elder

Biotin Response

Post by CureOrBust »

I am interested to see how people feel they are doing on Biotin :? . Normally its the Squeaky hinge that gets the oil, and by that I mean, people who do feel they have responded and responded well to dosing themselves with Biotin, post of their results. I am interested in some results from a hopefully more overall encompassing poll of peoples results. I understand its simply self-reporting. :geek:

I know some will say its the type of biotin and source that has made the difference, but I do not expect enough of a response to get into that detail, I think it will be interesting to see anything. 8)
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Biotin Response

Post by CureOrBust »

... bump ... :oops:
Close to 150 views, but only 7 votes? come on, don't be shy
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Perhaps those that have noticed a change can post what change they have noticed.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

As of now, with only 9 votes so far :roll: , its very inaccurate to draw any summaries out :geek: , however with that in mind, of the people in the recommended dose ranges, we have 3 people who say its may be helping :smile: and 3 who say it may not be helping. :sad:
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

490 views, with only 13 votes.
Including only those on or greater than 300mg day, 38% (4+1=5 of 13) think it is helping and 31% (3+1=4 of 13) do not think it is helping.
undisclosED

Post by undisclosED »

Unfortunately, it would appear that there are not many members here with PPMS or SPMS that are taking Biotin.

There is a Facebook group ( Biotin For Progressive MS ) with over 3900 members that is a great source for more information and results.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Problem is that not everyone uses Facebook. The other issue is that the concept of facebook groups gather people who "agree" on a specific topic. Something like TIMS will also have a fairer share of people who have not shown improvements on Biotin.
DrGeoff
Family Elder

Post by DrGeoff »

The other problem with the Facebook group that undisclosED mentioned, is finding it!
A friend (in the Biotin Instruction group hws tried, and Facebook will not let him see it.
Maybe they think that with 3900 members they need no more.
G