Dr. Coimbra Protocol

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
Kittie
Family Elder

Re: Dr. Coimbra Protocol

Post by Kittie » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:28 am

Sorry, I meant 10,000iu daily.
Blood test booked for 14th August. It should let me know how I am progressing. Hopefully serum calcium blood levels will be down. Maybe I didn't need much D3 to be healthy for me? Especially in the summer.

Onwards and upwards,
Kittie.

Kittie
Family Elder

Re: Dr. Coimbra Protocol

Post by Kittie » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:35 am

Well, blood test results back. Not as good as I would have expected. Blood calcium range 2.20 to 2.60. My serum blood calcium was 2.61 and my adjusted calcium was 2.62. Nearly there but I expected a lot lower. Two months without D3. To be honest I wasn't as strict as normal because I thought with not taking the D3 I wouldn't need to. Wrong! So another four weeks and anther blood test. MC suggested another suppliment called Green T Max which has helped a lot of patients to bring the calcium down quickly and give my kidneys a quick start. I started today. My GFR was 64 which means my kidneys aren't working very well either. Hopefully that will rise soon too. Do not go ito this high D without a trained person behind you. You can get into so much trouble.
I am still taking two K2 capsules every day which should have helped.
I still feel good in myself and just the MS bodily movements a problem. No brain fog and feel quite normal apart from the walking, etc. This is the TRS and remains constant. This morning my bad leg decided not to bend while walking downstairs and I came very close to going head first. It gave me quite a shock. I always hold on while coming down the stairs which is just as well!
You know if I had my time over again I would take just 10K/20K D3 daily and also TRS spray which I have found works for me. Also a few supplements.

Onwards an upwards,
Kittie.