High Dosing vitD The Coimbra Protocol

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Re: High Dosing vitD The Coimbra Protocol

Post by PointsNorth »

Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

PointsNorth wrote:Just thought I would add this:

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/blog/clo ... -patients/
"The researchers found that, of the 65 CIS patients, each 25 nmol/l (10 ng/ml) increase in 25(OH)D was associated with a 7.8 ml rise in grey matter volume (p = 0.025)."
vilnietis
Family Member

Post by vilnietis »

This is remarkable, there are more than 900 trials with keywords "vitamin D multiple sclerosis" and all pointing only to benefits, all trials concludes that vitamin D helps..just name it - grey matter, EDSS, relapses, TH17 response, antiviral effect, vascular regeneration and the list just goes on. Source http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed.
There is a Coimbra protocol and people are getting better each day, usually all symptoms for the past 2 years just vanishes and progression stops. And ..
Nothing? I mean, nothing? What are neurologists reading or researching during their free time? Are they blind?
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

vilnietis wrote: Nothing? I mean, nothing? What are neurologists reading or researching during their free time? Are they blind?
They are sticking to the pharma model, because that is where the $ remains.
But they know about it. Dr. Steinman (inventor of Tysabri) commented last year that newly diagnosed are healthier than ever, and he thinks it's because of Vitamin D information getting into the GP.
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com/2014/02/n ... today.html

I wrote up the 2015 Vitamin D/MS studies with links, including new study yesterday showing Vitamin D controls remyelination. Over 12,000 views in one day. So glad the info is getting out there!
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com/2015/12/v ... ation.html

cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

In my first post of this thread I referred to a young mother (completely cured using the Coimbra protocol). She sent me this note last night.I am presently working hard to make it easy to access Brazilian webpages. There is what looks to be different applications for different operating systems. You can also use Google Translate. More to come.

Hi PN

I have just created an account in your blog.
As soon as it is approved I will leave a comment :)
Thanks for including a link to my page.

This is the major page in Brazil, where I actually translated pages from: https://vitaminadporumaoutraterapia.wordpress.com/

it has been created by a Dr Cicero's patient and maintained by other volunteers.

They only speak Portuguese though, which is why I offered to translate their pages into English to spread the word.

Cheers

R

*** I am using a free app for my iPad OS9 'Web Translator' which seems to be working nicely. perhaps people could post what applications they are using for Windows?
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Re: High Dosing vitD The Coimbra Protocoll

Post by PointsNorth »

Dr. in the USA using the Coimrbra protocol:

Suzana Tanimoto, MD (EUA)
77 8th Street South
Naples, 34102, FL
Tel: (239) 325-2015
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Australian

Post by Australian »

Hi I am a patient from Dr Cicero, currently on 40k daily and no regrets :)
I am nearly MS free, have no longer any symptoms, I have a normal life and don't remember I have MS. I have been taking 40K for 3 years now and I follow a 100% dairy free diet (otherwise the kidneys will be ruined with all Calcium absorption that occurs with vitamin D intake).

A new doctor in USA has been trained and is following the same protocol:

Suzana Tanimoto, MD (EUA)
77 8th Street South
Naples, 34102, FL
Tel: (239) 325-2015
vilnietis
Family Member

Post by vilnietis »

Hello,

I'm from Lithuania. I take 70,000IU for 5 months now. Diagnosed on 2015-02, doctors says I have RRMS. I had difficulties walking, writing and other problems. Didn't had even a single relapse since started vitamin D therapy in high doses and I started pretty soon after my diagnosis. After researching for first couple of months, it was obvious to me that the best way to stop progression is with vitamin D high doses. I feel now even better than before the diagnosis . Many other Coimbra's followers says I have a chance even to reverse MS. Hm, not sure about that. But looking forward to 2 years milestone. I hope my hopeless MRI pictures will be much better. I had 35 lesions in my spine and a lot of in my brain. Coimbra saved mine and my family's future. I'm grateful also to a doctors, who are supporting vitamin D high dose treatment. They are TRUE doctors.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

bem-vindo,

Sou um paciente com EM (em fase secundária-progressiva) e moro no Canadá. O protocolo do Dr Coimbra não é reconhecido nem praticado fora da América do Sul e precisamos mudar isso!

Aos pacientes de EM: Gostaria de convidá-los a visitar meu fórum de EM e postarem suas experiências com o protocolo do Dr Coimbra. Incluí abaixo o link para a discussão que iniciei e você pode postar sua história neste link:
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... 20-15.html

Primeiro você precisa traduzir seu texto do Português para o Inglês usando o Google Tradutor.
https://translate.google.com.br/?hl=pt-BR

Você ajudará milhares de pessoas com EM.

Muito obrigado, PointsNorth
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
SammyJo
Family Elder

Post by SammyJo »

PointsNorth, what is your VDR Taq mutation status?
Have you found any connections yet to vitamin D therapy and VDR gene mutations?

Here's mine:
SammyJo GeneticGenie.org report from 23andMe genetic analysis

VDR Bsm rs1544410 CC -/- normal
VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+ homozygous double mutation

Here are your homozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):
COMT V158M
COMT H62H
VDR Taq
MAO-A R297R

Here are your heterozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):
ACAT1-02
MTRR A664A
BHMT-02
BHMT-08
AHCY-01
AHCY-19
CBS A360A

GeneticGenie says this about VDR mutations/ SNPs
VDR (Vitamin D Receptor) encodes the nuclear hormone receptor for vitamin D3. Low or low normal vitamin D values are often seen in those with chronic illness and even the general population. Low vitamin D is related to a lot of neurological and immunological conditions. Vitamin D stimulates enzymes that create dopamine.

VDR Tak and VDR Bsm are usually inverse from each other. So if there is a (+/+) VDR Tak, there would be a (-/-)
VDRBsm. However, this is not always the case.

It has been clinically observed that the body may have trouble tolerating methyl donors with a COMT V158M + and aVDR Taq + status. VDR Taq (-/-) individuals may already have higher levels of dopamine, and combinations of variations COMT and VDR Taq can lead to a wide range of dopamine levels. Those that are VDR Taq (+/+) and COMT (-/-) may have lowest dopamine levels.

Note: Some have pointed out that VDR Taq is reported backwards since majority of medical journals report a different risk allele or use different notation. These arguments are well-founded, but Genetic Genie reports this way so results are compatible with existing methylation nutrigenomics literature. Many claims about VDR and methylation are clinical observations. There are no medical studies to support some of the observations.
RRMS '95 SPMS '02 | CCSVI 10/09 | Adult stem cells 2012 | http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/
Milliecats

Post by Milliecats »

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

Can anyone help me!!

I was diagnosed with rm ms in Jan 2016, but know I have had it since at least 2008. My main symptoms are leg weakness and pins and needles.

I leant about the Coimbra protocol immediately and went to Portugal to meet a Dr there. I've been on it for 3.5 months. BUT this is the thing, I feel worse. I have headaches and dizziness and generally feel unwell. My bloods and urine checks are fine and of course I have been following the protocol to the letter. It worries me as I feel this is my only hope and I really want to continue on it. But I just feel really unwell and it's hard to function to the point where I think I may have to stop it.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Thank you
Jaydee411

Post by Jaydee411 »

Hi Milliecats,
i just came across your post and I am new to this forum as well. Thanks so much for posting your experiences with your high doses of vitamin D. I too, am experiencing the same effects as you. I started the protocol on August 27th on my own and I am taking 65,000 iu daily as I read somewhere that Dr. Coimbra usually starts the dose at 1,000 iu per kg. I am an RN and I know my primary care M.D. will help me and order the necessary lab studies. Anyway, I feel terrible! My fatigue is almost incapacitating; I can hardly drag myself out of bed. I also have headaches and the numbness and "blood pressure cuff" feeling (that's what I call it anyway) in my left arm seems to be more pronounced. I've become very disheartened because of this as I am thinking that this protocol will not work for me. I am also worried that maybe I've had MS for too long (diagnosed in 2003) and that the damage that has been done is permanent.
I'm sorry you've had these problems too; at least we know we are not alone. Since you posted this a month ago, I hope you've had some improvement!

***Has anyone else had this extreme fatigue and if so, how long did it last?
Milliecats

Post by Milliecats »

Jaydee411,

Please don't get disheartened. The protocol works for everyone but it looks like each individual needs some tweaks in the supplements they take to support the high doses of vit d which are good on the one hand but seem to deplete your body of all kinds of things. I have just joined a great group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dvitamin/.

They are very helpful and a lady called Davorka will help you.

I have come off vit d for 2 weeks. Still don't feel great but am going to try all these new supplements to try and build up my strength again.

All I know is the protocol works but you have to give it time and patience. Good luck!

Best wishes
Milliecats

Post by Milliecats »

Also I would say that you really should be under the supervision of a doctor...to follow the protocol
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Jaydee411 wrote:Hi Milliecats,
i just came across your post and I am new to this forum as well. Thanks so much for posting your experiences with your high doses of vitamin D. I too, am experiencing the same effects as you. I started the protocol on August 27th on my own and I am taking 65,000 iu daily as I read somewhere that Dr. Coimbra usually starts the dose at 1,000 iu per kg. I am an RN and I know my primary care M.D. will help me and order the necessary lab studies. Anyway, I feel terrible! My fatigue is almost incapacitating; I can hardly drag myself out of bed. I also have headaches and the numbness and "blood pressure cuff" feeling (that's what I call it anyway) in my left arm seems to be more pronounced. I've become very disheartened because of this as I am thinking that this protocol will not work for me. I am also worried that maybe I've had MS for too long (diagnosed in 2003) and that the damage that has been done is permanent.
I'm sorry you've had these problems too; at least we know we are not alone. Since you posted this a month ago, I hope you've had some improvement!

***Has anyone else had this extreme fatigue and if so, how long did it last?
Milliecats wrote:Hi, I'm new to this forum.

Can anyone help me!!

I was diagnosed with rm ms in Jan 2016, but know I have had it since at least 2008. My main symptoms are leg weakness and pins and needles.

I leant about the Coimbra protocol immediately and went to Portugal to meet a Dr there. I've been on it for 3.5 months. BUT this is the thing, I feel worse. I have headaches and dizziness and generally feel unwell. My bloods and urine checks are fine and of course I have been following the protocol to the letter. It worries me as I feel this is my only hope and I really want to continue on it. But I just feel really unwell and it's hard to function to the point where I think I may have to stop it.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Thank you

Hi Jaydee411 and Milliecats,

Seems that you are experiencing similar side-effects.

I didn't seem your post before. Only today.

- Are you taking any drugs along with vitamin D3?

- Have you bought your vitamin D3 in a Pharmacy Compounding?

- Are you taking the Coimbra Complex of Vitamins & Minerals?

- What type of MS do you have?

- What type of diet do you follow?