Multiple Sclerosis Testimonials (Coimbra Protocol)

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Re: Multiple Sclerosis Testimonials (Coimbra Protocol)

Post by AntonioBR »

Many Testimonials

Credits for mscure.aussieblogs.

From Leila Miranda (Coqueira/MG – Brazil)

In 2008, I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease. As the disease is remitting, everything as well at certain times of the year. I used to take steroids and the symptoms used to improve a little. But every year I had a crisis. And in that year the crisis did not improve with steroids. Crohn’s Disease had already infiltrated at the joints and all over the bowel region. The consistency of faecal mass caused pain and anal bleeding continued in addition to exaggerated formation of intestinal gases and other anorectal pathologies such as fissures and haemorrhoids. With all these symptoms, the only treatment left was with adalimumab. But when I read all the side effects, I was reluctant. I prayed and asked God to show me another treatment. I was enlightened and God showed me the solution for the intense pain that I had been feeling. As soon as I got out of the church, I searched on Google for treatments to relieve the symptoms of Crohn’s Disease. And I found the Brazilian blog on Vitamin D. I called immediately Dr. Julio Caleiro Pimenta to arrange an appointment. And he was the one who explained to me what the treatment with vitamin D3 was. After 15 days of treatment all symptoms above mentioned were gone. I am very happy to have been blessed with vitamin D3. I don’t even remember that I have Crohn’s Disease. I want to encourage everyone with this disease to contact Dr. Julio and begin this treatment of the immune system.

Fernando Campos (Brasília/DF/Brazil )

I had the first and more acute MS relapse between September and November/2008, when I received a first diagnosis. The symptoms: diplopia (double vision), fatigue, numbness in the legs. 6 months later after a second weaker relapse, I had the diagnosis confirmed by a neurologist in Brasilia. In fact, today, after knowing more about this illness and its symptoms, I understand that I had it at least since 2003. I was to begin receiving doses of interferon from the government when my brother, disillusioned with the expectations offered by allopathic medicine, researched on the internet and found the group Multiple Sclerosis Has solution, in Orkut. He contacted the group’s founder and was strongly encouraged to make an appointment for me with Dr. Cicero. I had my first appointment on 26 /12/2008 , before taking any dose of interferon. Then I decided to try this new treatment, because the other alternative – the interferon injections every other day, would only slow the progression of the illness – which did not not seem to be motivating. It was the best decision of my life. In this first consultation Dr. Cicero alerted me to the possibility of occurrence of some relapses during the “window” of the treatment, in about seven months. In fact, six months after I had another relapse, characterized by loss of muscle strength in the arms. I made new MRI, which identified plates in activity, and I was to undertake a new treatment with Solumedrol. Since then, I never had another relapse and my physical condition is improving gradually. It is important to remember that, sometimes, sequelae resulting from any relapse may not be fully reversed by this treatment. What it assures, absolutely and unquestionably, is the non-occurrence of new relapses, i.e. it stops the progression of the disease. In some cases, with sequels reversed. In my case, the numbness in the legs – sequel of that first relapse that happened when I did some unusual physical effort, such as a walk longer- now occur only rarely, and after a much greater effort, as hiking at least an hour or more. I still have fatigue often. I have tried all the allopathic treatments for it, but my own neurologist at the time, in Brasilia, alerted me to the fact that these traditional treatments only were effective in 50% of the cases of fatigue due to MS. In fact, I still do not have the same physical condition as before the illness, even though I feel significant progress of my physical condition. But I am not able to resume daily activities like before, 8 to 12 hours of work and studies – or close to it. In any case, I am well satisfied with this vitamin D treatment. The fact that it does not cause side effects; its natural character, only vitamin and diets that are easy to be adopted; a change of life style in order to avoid stress – a cause of exacerbations of the disease – all these things improve the quality of life. In addition to that the change of perspective of the disease: before, its irreversible progression, only delayed; now, its extinction, and the body stabilized forever and recovering gradually, in some cases even fully recovering. And simply with daily supplementation of vitamin D (in dosages individually established), and complex vitamin based on vitamin B2 and Omega 3. I am grateful to Dr. Cicero for his determination to fight for change in the approach of MS and auto-immune disorders, and for following researches that develop in the entire world and for informing patients about scientific sites such as scirus.com. His approach, in my view, is that of a real doctor, interested not only in the treatments, but on the quality of life of their patients. And that is what this treatment offers – effective response with quality of life. And hope.

Ana Luisa Garcia (SP/Brazil)

I have MS for 10 years, 9 years diagnosed; Itook Avonex, Betaferon, Copaxone. Without any improvements and only getting worse. Apart from the terrible side effects which is worse than the disease itself; and still knowing that the effectiveness of interferon is only of 30 %. Those were 7 years of life in the dark, trying those treatments because I had no other option and would not give up my life. But two years ago I have been blessed, blessed. I met Dr. Cicero Galli Coimbra, and started the treatment with Vitamin D; anyone who has already gone through similar situation will understand my testimonial. I am simply doing great. I am not better because unfortunately, I had not started this treatment before and my motor function is compromised; but I am alive, the greatest gift that we can have. Vitamin D has changed my life and I really would like that all people have access to this information as fast as possible to benefit from it and avoid having any permanent sequelae. I really wish that this treatment is widespread and that people have the opportunity to choose, to know this painless treatment. Of course you need medical follow-up. But everyone has the right to try and have their well-being back.

Sylvia Novaes

My sister is on Vitamin D treatment for 2 months and she is now in remission of MS sequelae. Her fatigue no longer exists, her vision has already returned to normal, the cramps in arms and legs are over, she is able to have again, after 5 years of struggle, a quality in life! To complement: her numbness reduced in the second month and her way of walking is stronger, safe and faster. She is back to wearing her high heels shoes! She is really happy!

Carlos Lazzaris

I write with tears in their eyes, but they are tears of happiness. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis since 2002. She took all possible interferons, and for 3 years she treated with tysabri.A disease evolution continued and our expectations were not the best ones. OUR LIFE CHANGED, our hearts are full of LOVE AND HOPE, our ENERGY is renowed. Our FUTURE will be wonderful. My wife and even I are doing the treatment with the vitamin D.

Alexandre Sandoval

I am here to describe a little of my history of Multiple Sclerosis. The pathology was diagnosed in 2000, and since then I have been taking intense medication – interferon beta 1A and beta 1B, with some remissive relapses that started increasing their frequency in the last 5 years and were treated with cortisone, ciclososfamida. The medication caused a lot of allergy on sites of application, and my whole body had dark spots (black) that were in progression, diagnosed by the Center for Dermatology, Hospital das Clinicas do Espirito Santo/ES/Brazil as side effect from the medication taken 3 times per week. With the increase of the number of relapses consequently more sequels occurred and worsened my quality of life, with an increase of physical limitations. A year ago I began the vitamin D treatment and since then I stopped the medication. I report below the improvements that have occurred since then: elimination of the number of relapses has reduced from 3 to 4 per year to none. When I had my first appointment I was in a wheelchair and had advanced weakness and imbalance. Today I no longer need this type of support, i.e. the improvement was about 99% on my quality of life.

Eloisa Helena Lopes Borges (Nova Friburgo/RJ/Brazil)

I am 55 years old and I was diagnosed with MS six years ago. I have taken avonex and during a year I took copaxone. I am treating with vitamin D with dr. Rita Maltez in Niteroi who works similarly to Dr Cicero. Since I started taking the vitamin I have not been taking any other medicine since 17 /01/11 and I am not doing pulse therapy since 12 /12/10 and never had any other relapse. I am sure it is due to the treatment which is not expensive and is totally painless.

Ivana Cavalcanti Feliciano (Recife/PE/Brazil)

I found out about my MS in February 2011 at 23 years of age, when I had my first motor function problem on the left-hand side, numbness and tingling sensation. I had pulse therapy with some improvement of symptoms and started the treatment with copaxone. In April I had a new relapse with constant numbness in other parts of the body. In addition to these symptoms, I felt a lot of fatigue, weakness and many side effects of copaxone, waking up often with the heart accelerated, shaking hands, apart from the marks of injections in the body. Also in April I found out the treatment with vitamins in an Orkut group at the internet and I went to Sao Paulo for an appointment with dr. Cicero. In the first month of treatment the fatigue and weakness disappeared. In July, I stopped taking copaxone and in October, with 6 months of treatment my MRI without contrast had shown a small reduction of lesions at the spinal cord injury. Since then the numbness and tingling disappeared. Today I have a normal life, I work, and I attend classic ballet classes. I only I remember that I have MS when it is time to take the vitamins!

Ana D.

I was diagnosed with MS in 2008 and a few months after I started my treatment with Vitamin D. Since then, my MS went into total remission, with the MRI results indicating, year after year, a complete inactivity of the load of lesions, including the decrease in number and even size of the existing lesions. Before taking vitamin D I was taking copaxone, and had many symptoms, such as tingling, numbness, and a huge fatigue. Copaxone also caused high blood pressure and palpitations. With the vitamin D, the fatigue disappeared quickly and the rest of the symptoms followed the same path in a matter of months. Today, with nearly 4 years of treatment and 2 years after having abandoned copaxone, I have a normal life. For those with MS or any other auto-immune, as psoriasis, lupus, vitiligo, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism, diabetes type 1 and so many others, I can only say that I totally recommend this treatment!

Yara Ribeiro

My diagnosis was confirmed in January 2011, but I already had symptoms since adolescence. Time after time, I was accumulating sequelae such as very strong bilateral tinnitus, vertigo and frequent nausea. After an outbreak of optic neuritis. I had motor function problems on the left side of the body, and, even after pulse therapy, I have not returned to normal. I spent some months in bed, unable to move arm and left leg and showing great vertigo. I saw Dr. Cicero in those condition. Approximately seven months after starting the treatment, I was already walking seven kilometers every day (which I hadn’t done in many years!), without any dizziness or motor sequel. Today I have a life absolutely normal, my health as a whole has improved, and from the time of treatment, I no longer caught any flu or cold, something that before was very normal to happen. Today I feel I am ex-patient of MS.

Simone Cristina (Rio de Janeiro/RJ/Brazil)

I have been on Vitamin D treatment for 3 years and in the beginning I followed two treatments in parallel. when I realized the improvements and the tests were showing positive improvements, I took courage and stopped with Interferons, which were a burden. Thank God I have my normal life after the vitamins and I never had any other relapse. And there are also other people to whom I recommended the treatment and that are living with quality of life. Definitely worth it!!!!!

Tania Marin

I have psoriatic arthritis, and diabetes …due to so much pain, my endocrinologist had a suspicion and asked me to check the levels of vitamin D. Laboratory tests confirmed that vitamin D was almost non-existent in the body. I have had a positive improvement in the process of pain and the psoriasis has been reducing. I have all my tests in archives, just to prove the reality of facts.

Mauro Vargas

I started the treatment with the vitamin D in December 2011. I had pain in the right arm and on the right side of the head. I felt this pain about 4 times a day and during sleep at night, also when I went to toilet a couple times per night. This pain lasted 01 year and 10 months, I felt it daily and it used to last half an hour. I spoke with my neurologist about it and he told me that I was not to drink water after 6pm. Of course, even without taking water, I kept going to the toilet at night and I was still feeling the pain. Vitamin D was the one that did make the headaches disappear. Thank you very much for the opportunity to share this experience. Cheers and good luck with the treatment.

Alcina Dutra Loureiro Novaes

I do this treatment since March/2012 with this doctor and I recommend the treatment to everyone, because I started living again !!!

Antonio of Padua – Campinas/SP/Brazil

I started suffering from Parkinson’s Disease 6 years ago. After treating with Dr Coimbra, I already feel better, with the reduction of symptoms.

Neuza B.

My son has started the treatment 2 years ago and no longer has any symptom, his life is completely normal. Believe me!

http://mscure.aussieblogs.com.au/testimonials-2/
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Christina Kiening Update (Oct/2017) Testimonial

This was posted by Christina Kiening, administrator of the German FB group "Gruppe Coimbraprotokoll - Vitamin D gegen Autoimmunerkrankungen". Thank you Christina, for allowing us to share it in our page!

" Today I was asked: “How are you now after 18 months on the Coimbra Protocol?” My answer was: In principle, quite well, depends on what I compare it to.

In 2012 I was still working full-time, I still went skiing and jogging. But I had pain and spasticity from time to time, couldn't mountain bike downhill due to dizziness and visual disturbances, and in the evening I felt very exhausted. From Wednesday on I just waited for the weekend. But a relatively normal life was possible.
Starting in 2013, the downturn began, the relapses became more frequent and more intense, and gradually started leaving lasting limitations. In 2015 and 2016 (directly in the year before I started the Coimbra protocol), three of the most severe relapses left me with partial paralysis, I couldn't walk more than 300 m, I was incontinent, had sleep disturbances every day, spasticity, pain.

I couldn't do anything without help in the household (and for three months also with my personal care). Most of the time I just lay completely exhausted and depressed in bed. I couldn't see my psychotherapist personally, but she accompanied me by phone through the darkest days. I had to stop working and was granted infinite disability pension in 2016. That was my condition before I started the Coimbra Protocol.
In 03/29/16 the treatment with the Coimbra protocol began: Within a few weeks my energy level increased, I could again take care of myself, I started physiotherapy. My mental condition gradually improved, on some nights my sleep was deep and restful. In the first six months it went up and down with symptoms that went, came back, became stronger, then completely disappeared. In combination with the incontinence, the 2.5 L drinking volume was a real challenge at the beginning (luckily, there are also half-inconspicuous thin nappies ...) But the bladder muscle got used to the drinking volume and with the commencement of healing of the newer lesions at the spinal cord the problem became less dramatic.

My body changed: In the beginning, my menstrual period shifted, my skin was blotchy, sometimes I felt very hungry, other times I didn't feel like eating at all.

My daily dose of vitamin D was increased 4 times until finally it reached more than double the dose I had started with the previous year. With each dose increase, I had stronger symptoms, feeling sick for a few days. Then came a regular leap forward: Again more strength, more energy, more stable functions. From the 7th month I had the feeling that things became calm and stable: All my body functions were better than ever before, my skin was radiant, many symptoms disappeared completely. In the 8th month, the first control MRI showed: No active inflammation, no new lesions since the last test, and some of the old lesions were gone. Remission was clearly there! My strength and co-ordination improved, the function of arms and legs became better and more reliable.

Fast forward to 10/05/2017: The 18th month of the treatment is over, I'm starting my 19th month. Today I can walk several kilometers (with breaks) on good days, so that longer walks or small hikes on even terrain are possible. With my recently acquired E-bike I can go on short bike rides with my husband, since my balance improved about 75%. My back starts to protest after two or three hours, but after a long break lying down and a little nap I can make it back home.

And then there are the symptoms that will probably accompany me permanently in my future life: I can't sit upright for more than 2-3 hours or concentrate for longer. If I look at a screen for more than 90 minutes, my eyes begin to ache and the vision becomes blurred. In the morning I have to do yoga, stretching, sports, to start the day half decently and smoothly. Weekly physiotherapy has become an integral part of my life. In the evening and at some nights I still get a pronounced spasticity or neuropathic pain (especially when I sit for too long during the day). Sometimes I need painkillers or a muscle relaxant, if it is very bad I also use cannabis to sleep. At noon I am exhausted when I have done too much in the morning. Every day is still a balancing act: What is possible today and how much? Can I balance it so that after a lunch break I have strength again for the afternoon? Do I accept the invitation to dinner when I have worked in the morning? Does it make sense to accept the invitation for a small hike at the weekend with my friends? Can I manage to keep track of the Coimbra Protocol projects and to meet upcoming tasks in a reasonable time?

The question "How are you now?" is therefore a complex one. And my answer is: Depends on the direction I look, which comparison I draw inward. If I compare myself now to who I was in 2012, I am still a disabled retiree and I must eventually live with pain and reduced performance for the rest of my life. That still strikes me as difficult. I still have so many ideas in my mind, so much joy in working. Traveling is fun for me, but instead of a road trip in Australia, I will probably just go camping at a Bavarian lake.

But if I compare how I am today to the condition I was in the spring of 2016 before the Coimbra Protocol, then tears of gratitude come to my eyes. I did not dare to dream that I could be so well again! I had no hope that an independent life without help would ever be possible again. I had internally adjusted to the idea that it would be the wheelchair and a nursing home for me. It is a darn miracle that today I can work again 2-3 hours on three days a week and can add to my pension. And even when bicycling or walking, sometimes my gratitude spills from my eyes: It is possible to walk and ride a bike again! And I feel just as grateful and touched when someone reports an improvement of his/her condition with the Coimbra Protocol.

So it's all a matter of perspective. It makes the most sense to enjoy life here and now today to the fullest and to keep the gratitude firmly in our hearts. "

https://www.facebook.com/coimbraprotoco ... 23455018:0
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Renata H. Testimonial

Comment made by Renata H. in one of the Brazilian Coimbra Protocol groups:

" When I was diagnosed 2 years ago I had no doubt!!! I always trusted and I soon started the treatment with the high doses of vitamin D.

It is very worth traveling if you have to, to consult with protocol doctor! I live in Belo Horizonte and I go to São Paulo. Initially the appointments are every 6 months, then once a year... the frequency decreases with time.

It was a blessing in my life, I had weakness on one side of the body, lost feeling on the other and I lost the ability to write!

After a year and a half of treatment, my lesion does not exist anymore!!!!! Vitamin D It's a wonder! It's also important to be a positive, stress-free person! Success and health for all of us! ''

https://www.facebook.com/coimbraprotoco ... =3&theater
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Karen S. Testimonial

Published yesterday by Karen S. in one of the Brazilian FB groups:

" Today on my return appointment, after 1 year of treatment, Dr. Sueli Lourenco told me I do not have any active lesions in my brain MRI and my spinal cord is intact. I am symptom-free, living my life in a normal way and my MS is in remission!

I'm happy with life right now, and so grateful! I had the opportunity to meet Dr Cicero Coimbra, thank him, and save this moment with a picture ... And he told me that when I get pregnant, I will have very healthy kids! Vitamin D Protocol is life, it's health! Believe! I have never adhered to any conventional treatment, just the protocol of Dr. Cicero Coimbra with high doses of vitamin D, thank God! ''

OBS: In the photo below, from left to right, two American doctors and one German doctor in training with Dr Coimbra."

The doctors on the picture are, from left to right, Dr. Les Cole from Florida, Dr. Brian Lamkin from Oklahoma, Dr. Melanie Leufgen, from Germany, and Dr. Coimbra.

Dr. Leufgen is a neurologist who specializes in MS. .

AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Cassia and Bia Testimonial
Image P.S. the picture above is from Bia's second appointment, in April, 2014.

April 9, 2017

This testimony is from Cassia Guimaraes, whose little girl, Bia, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis when she was 4 years old.

In 2013, when Bia was 7 years old, Cassia was desperate and thinking about starting the girl on Interferons, since Bia was having 2 to 3 flare-ups a year. That's when Cassia learned about the Coimbra Protocol and took Bia for an appointment with Dr. Coimbra.

Bia started the treatment with high doses of vitamin D in October 2013.Since then, in three and a half years of treatment, Bia has never had a flare up again. This is a recent post that Cassia has just shared with the FB Brazilian groups, and we asked permission to post it here for you:

"Coming by to tell you that Bia had a return appointment today with Dr. Cicero, and she is doing SOOOO well. She's even gonna celebrate with chocolate today. And from next year on she won't need yearly appointments anymore. For all this I thank God, and the Doctor, and especially Q.S. because without her I would not have been able to take Bia to Dr. Coimbra, she always helps me with the supplements, the tickets and the tests, and she gives me a lot of encouragement and support. I'm also grateful to the whole group, you have helped me in so many ways. And I also have to congratulate my daughter who follows the treatment perfectly and never complains about the diet or about anything. She is my warrior!"

https://www.coimbraprotocol.com/single- ... ne-Metzger
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

John Ottwell Testimonial

John Ottwell has Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and has been on the Coimbra Protocol for 5 months.

"Coimbra Protocol

Day one and day 165

PPMS. Diagnosed in 2014. Symptoms since 2004."

I am writing this to tell of my progress. As people can see I'm much better but after 5 1/2 months I don't expect to be fully recovered. I am probably 70% but I still have a long ways to go to be back at 100%. So some may look at this picture and think I'm fully recovered. I have recovered and now I have hope whereas before I didn't. But I want to be honest with people and not have them have a different idea of where I am at. This protocol is a process. I often tell people you did not get sick overnight...

Last edited by AntonioBR on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

60-year-old male with PPMS on the Coimbra Protocol for 8 months Testimonial

Interview done by Jennifer Butler with a 60 year-old patient who has Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and has been on the Coimbra Protocol for 8 months. There's important information about the ups and downs that can be expected on the first few months of the treatment.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr4t388 ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by AntonioBR on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Brazilian Patient Testimonial

Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Masc, 43 a. Comparative Magnetic.

First Photos on the left (January / 2016): Hyperintense Lesions (White spots).

Then Photos on the right (July / 2017): No injuries. Treatment: high doses of vitamin D + Omega-3 DHA + Vitamin-Mineral Complex.

Nothing more! Current symptoms related to no: none. Coimbra Protocol (Doc. Cicero Galli Coimbra - Neurology Unifesp).

AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Yara Video Testimonial

The beautiful testimony of one of our group members, Yara.

Hi, everyone. Here is my video in English. I decided to record a video because many patients have cognitive problems and they can't read those big texts that we do with our testimonies.

I think that when we demonstrate our vulnerabilities is when we truly get close to people because, in the end, we are all the same; the only thing that changes is the scenery. And that's exactly what I did: without any kind of script or something, I just sat in front of the camera and started talking. With my heart.[/b]

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... WpOLvPd13E
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Joyce Testimonial

This testimony is from Joyce Sil, a Brazilian patient who has multiple sclerosis and is following the Coimbra protocol for four years. For almost one year now, Joyce and her boyfriend are riding their bikes around the world! She sent us a brief testimony and the link to an inspiring video where she lets us take a peek into their wonderful journey. The video has English subtitles.

" On May 15, 2013, after experiencing a series of scary symptoms and going through dozens of medical exams, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

Three days later I was hospitalized to take corticosteroids. When I was discharged, I had appointments with five different neurologists ... I wanted to be sure that my diagnosis was correct. And it was confirmed, I really had multiple sclerosis.
I knew from the start that I would not follow the conventional treatment and after much research, I found on the internet information about a treatment with high doses of Vitamin D. I joined some groups and even went to a meeting of patients that were already following the Coimbra Protocol.
Shortly thereafter, I had my first protocol consultation and started the treatment. Over time, the symptoms have disappeared and today I am very well! Depending on my emotional state, some symptoms come back.

Receiving the diagnosis of an incurable autoimmune disease is scary! We are afraid, we have many doubts and we wonder if we will be able to fulfill all our dreams. But to tell the truth, these questions haunted me only in the first weeks ...
For me, receiving this diagnosis was what catapulted me into realizing my biggest dream... to take a bike ride around the world!

Multiple sclerosis made me rethink my values, made me a calmer person, gave me more courage and a maddening will to live life intensely. I've been on the road for almost a year and I do not think that any disease can take away our right to dream and to chase our dreams. My boyfriend embarked on this dream with me and we are living the craziest and most enriching adventure of our lives!

After the diagnosis, I started to see life with different eyes ... Believe me, there are good things, even in bad things! "

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScCv_mqr2Sk

AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

H. Kottova Testimonial

This is H. Kottova, a patient from the Czeck Republic who is following the Coimbra Protocol for multiple sclerosis.

The first picture is from 2015 when she was taking TECFIDERA(one of the most common side effects of this MS medication is redness and flushing on the face and throughout the body), and the second picture shows how she is now, after 5 months on the Coimbra Protocol.

BEFORE | AFTER

AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Flavia Testimonial

This post was shared yesterday by Flavia Cocenas in the Brazilian FB group "Protocolo Coimbra - Vitamina D para Esclerose Multipla e Doencas Autoimunes".

"Good morning people!

I have been on the Coimbra Protocol for 2 years (Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis - at the time unable to walk and had blurry vision), I am currently taking 100,000 IU of vitamin D per day. My doctor is Dr. Haladia Simeao... marveloussss doctor! Always very attentive and available!
What a blessing to have found the Coimbra Protocol, and this group, which has always given me all the support from the beginning of the treatment.

Earlier this year I became pregnant with my second child. During the pregnancy, because of my difficulty in taking 2.5 liters of water a day, Dr. Haladia reduced the vitamin D to 90,000 IU/day, always accompanied by routine exams.
My son was born on 12/10, Our Lady of Aparecida's day, in a beautiful, natural birth without interventions! Measuring 51 cm and weighing 3,8 kg!

Early in the pregnancy, while waiting for the appointment with Dr. Haladia, I met with Dr. Cicero in the clinic, who told me that I would be surprised by my son's intelligence... my goodness, since I already had a son, it was easy to see the difference between the two newborn babies. My second child was born with a firm neck and with attentive eyes, I was impressed by the way he looked at us as if he understood everything we were talking about, looking into our eyes and paying attention! He has no "normal" newborn behavior, has a firm neck and observes people and his environment (almost does not cry)!

About me?! I am very well, I do not have any symptoms or permanent damage, I'm very happy and fulfilled with the arrival of our second son, something that 2 years ago I never imagined could happen.

Many thanks to Dr. Cicero for not abandoning us!

Above are photos of me and my 23-day old son.

Note: due to plastic surgery, I don't have enough milk to breastfeed; look at him holding the bottle by himself?!

https://www.facebook.com/coimbraprotoco ... 4011925639
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Update November/2017
Christina Kiening Testimonial

This is an impressive report by Christina Kiening, published on the German FB group "Gruppe Coimbraprotokoll - Vitamin D gegen Autoimmunerkrankungen".

In one of the comments, Christina explains something that she mentions on the post, NEDA4: No Evidence of Disease Activity on four levels: No relapses, no MRI lesions, no brain shrinkage, no disability progression.

"I just came back from my latest neurologist appointment after 20 months on the Vitamin D high dose protocol. And got the "highest possible benediction": NEDA4 without any noticeable disease activity or side-effects of treatment.

Prior to treatment my case was classified as highly aggressive and fast declining with all possible symptoms of escalation therapy: 2-3 new flairs each year, each one leaving more and more disability with new lesions in brain and spinal cord, new signs of brain atrophy (new black holes) could be found on each MRI since 2015. Therapy with Gylenia or Tysabri was highly recommended and plasmapheresis was suggested. I refused any pharmaceutical standard treatment out of fear for side-effects and too little proven longterm efficiency.

Since starting the protocol on 29th of march in 2016 I only had one minor flair in the beginning of June 2016, it resolved without corticoid or any other conventional treatment within three weeks leaving no new symptoms and only one new small (inactive) lesion could be found on the first control MRI in November 2016 (after 8 months on the protocol).

The MRI in 11/2016 showed no signs of disease activity, no contrast enhancement and only the above mentioned small new lesion which was already inactive.

Last week I had my next MRI after 20 months of treatment: No new lesions, no more brain atrophy, no activity and a great number of symptoms have vanished during the last year.

Being the first patient of the first officially trained and certified protocol doctor in Germany my bloodwork and urine samples were continuously monitored every three months without any noteworthy changes (of course there is a slight rise in calcium but still within the medium range of diagnostic reference levels as I stick to the recommended calcium reduced diet and minimum daily drinking volume of at least 2,5 l). Meanwhile, three nephrosonography check-ups were performed (07/2016, 01/2017 and 1/2017) without any medical findings or changes.

My neurologist was very skeptical and afraid that I would seriously harm myself when I started treatment with Vitamin D and refused pharmaceutical escalation therapy in spring 2016.

Even when looking at my first control MRI in 2016 (with no disease activity for the first time in years) he still recommended Gylenia arguing that this outcome was "pure placebo".

Today he was absolutely impressed when looking at my MRI, seeing me walk without any cane or help (and without swaying like a drunken sailor). He said he seldom sees NEDA4 in patients, even with Gylenia it is no more than 50-70% and at the price of severe side-effects. My neurologist agreed to monitor MS patients of protocol doctors Kai Reichert and Johannes Demuth without pressuring them for pharmaceutical treatment."

Obs. Christina's starting dose was 60,000 IU daily. Today she takes 140,000 IU daily. This treatment can only be done with a doctor's supervision.

MRI's of 11/2015, 11/2016 and 11/2017

https://www.facebook.com/coimbraprotoco ... 5388288168
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

B. Barksdale (PPMS) Testimonial

​My name is Boo Barksdale and I will have been on the Coimbra vitamin D3 protocol to treat MS for 9 months on November 30th, 2017.

I'm 60 years old with primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS). I discovered the protocol while reading a comment on a blog on an MS website in December of 2016 after following a link to protocol information. I located quite a bit of protocol information online, and I began researching vitamin D as much as I could. I Also found Ana Claudia Domene’s book, ‘Multiple Sclerosis and (lots of) Vitamin D’, which has lots of good information, and it has many links to more information and videos in the back of the book. I highly recommend it.

I had taken 2000 IU of vitamin D daily for a couple of years before my MS diagnosis. As I read more books on vitamin D and I increased the amount I was taking from 2000 IU to 5000 IU daily and then to 15,000 IU. I was desperate to feel better and see a reduction of symptoms, and I felt like I had found the path to healing and hope with the Coimbra protocol.

With the holistic practices I participated in when I found the protocol, I felt like I was treading water, but needed something more. At 15,000 IU of vitamin D, I began to see some noticeable improvements in my energy level and mobility. I also saw reduced spasticity. My legs and arms felt less heavy.
I was still ambulatory, but I could see a slow, steady decline and progression of symptoms. I was 59 years old and I knew time was not on my side. These small improvements encouraged me and gave me the confidence to discuss the protocol with my primary care doctor because I needed assistance in getting the necessary labs done in order to begin the protocol. I was also taking a B complex supplement and vitamin B 12; at the time guided with the help of a local nutritionist that works with elite athletes and has a nutrition business.

After a previous primary care doctor that I had seen for many years told me repeatedly that he thought my symptoms were all related to my thyroid, he began to sound like a broken record and so I sought another opinion. I do also have Hashimoto's which was well controlled with thyroid medication prior to my MS diagnosis.

The second doctor being much more methodical and considered in his approach, ordered an MRI which led to my diagnosis. It took me about 6 years of living with MS symptoms continuously before finally being diagnosed. My earliest recognizably-undeniable symptom goes back to 2004 with slurred speech. A CT scan at that time came back inconclusive and I ignored other minor symptoms like minor tingling and occasional numbness, or my foot not working properly after I'd had an alcoholic beverage.
I was diagnosed with MS in October 2014 at age 57. My future, as described by the medical community, was very limited, but that was their description, not mine. I had other plans. After diagnosis, I did everything I could to eliminate stress and improve my diet and simplify my lifestyle. I followed my intuition. There are many sources of nutritional information for MS patients so I won't address nutrition here.

I obtained the labs and had my first consultation for the protocol in late February of 2017. I began the protocol on March 1, 2017. I was still walking, but using a walking stick some of the time, and feeling my right side becoming significantly weaker than my left. My biggest fear was losing mobility because I have a 13-year-old daughter whom I want to walk down the aisle. Because of my age and the slow steady progression of symptoms over a period of many years without interruption, my diagnosis was soon modified to primary progressive, PPMS by my neurologist. At the time of my diagnosis there were no FDA-approved treatment options for PPMS. My only option in the traditional medical community at the time of diagnosis, was treatment with IV steroids, which did slow down the symptoms for a period of a few months, but they returned unabated. My primary symptoms at the time of diagnosis were debilitating fatigue, balance issues, muscle weakness, and my mobility was beginning to become seriously impaired. Coordination, and clear thinking were also problematic. I could only be active, standing, bending, kneeling and walking any distance for a short time, maybe 15 minutes. But I did participate in an exercise research program through the University of Texas for 6 months with a personal trainer getting her PhD in nursing, studying the cognitive effects of exercise on MS patients, and I learned the value of exercise in helping deal with MS. The one thing I had going for me was that I was a distance runner for 40 years. I didn't run my first marathon until I was forty one, and looking back I may have had MS then and not known it. That was in 1998.

While my employer at the time of my diagnoses was stellar, and worked with me to make adjustments to my job position. I had to stop working because stress from job-related issues and warm or hot weather (I worked mostly outdoors in central Texas) aggravated my symptoms, and I stopped working in June 2015 right before my 58th birthday. Stress from my job was the main aggravator of symptoms that I could identify at the time, and as Dr. Coimbra advises, eliminating stress is a key component to success on the protocol. I have chosen to treat my MS holistically because there were and are no other viable treatment options for PPMS and the holistic approach aligned with my philosophy for living and addressing illness. Other important elements of my practice for returning to health in addition to the protocol include nutrition, exercise, (yoga and walking), acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, energy therapy and any other approach that I've been able to research and found valuable. I also practice meditation and creative visualization, and I use a CBD oil to maintain a sense of calm and mental balance as well as prevent anxiety. There's no THC in the product I use (7 CBD). There's a lot of science behind the CBD. Each one of these approaches provide benefits, but I had not found the lynch pin to my approach to treating MS until I discovered Dr. Coimbra’s vitamin D3 protocol. I would like to point out that the return to health on any path is not a straight line. Ups and downs should be expected. Being prepared for variables makes incorporating adjustments along the way easier. For the first 12 weeks on the Coimbra protocol things went smoothly and I saw slow, steady improvements, then I felt like I plateaued. My initial dose of vitamin D was 50,000 IU daily. I took it in the standard form of vitamin D in one capsule. I also took a compounded MS supplement with some of the other recommended vitamins and minerals selenium, chromium etc., and the magnesium in addition to the vitamin D. I have learned since starting the protocol that there are significant differences between types of B2 vitamins (regular and pre-activated), and there are many different types of magnesium that address different areas of the body in different ways. There are also significant differences between different brands of vitamins, and how individuals respond to them. Some product brands work better than others too. At the end of June, I could walk up to a mile occasionally, but usually it was a half mile, and I was very encouraged.

Then in mid-July I had a significant setback. I saw the biggest setback in my walking. My muscles did not respond well and muscle fatigue increased also. I had lower energy too, although it was still much better than before, I started the protocol, so I felt sure the protocol was working, but I knew something was out of adjustment. I was confident I was on the right track, but I needed assistance making adjustments to the supplements I was taking. I didn't know where to turn as the protocol doctor I initially consulted with became extremely busy because of the increased popularity of the protocol and we were unable to communicate. Through the North American Facebook protocol page a prayer was answered. I had prayed for guidance. And an answer came in a phone call that started in a conversation on a Sunday afternoon. A Facebook friend, John Otwell contacted me about a question unrelated to my setback. John wanted to speak to me about a comment I had made a few months earlier in a post about the mind healing before the body. We spoke on the telephone, he in Missouri and I in Texas. I related my experience that prompted my comment. John asked how I was doing, and I told him about the setback I had encountered. John encouraged me as he always does with his positive attitude and steady personality, delivered with humor. We encouraged each other and I hung up, I thought that was the end of it.

The next morning at 9 o'clock my phone rang and it was John again, he said he had spoken to his protocol advisor about me and that is advisor wanted to speak with me, and thought he might know what was happening with me. I was stunned that all of this was happening for my benefit without any involvement from me. I emailed the advisor and received a phone call the next day. He reviewed the supplements I was taking and suggested changes. After I received the new supplements I saw improvements in a few days. The improvements were limited because I had miss understood I needed to be taking three different types of magnesium. I was only taking one type of magnesium. After another adjustment I saw more improvement.

At this time I was still only taking 50,000 IU of vitamin D and all of the standard type. I had tried micellized D but didn't notice enough improvement to switch to the micellized D, and it is a more expensive product.

In late July 2017 I had a new set of labs done. Inadvertently I had consumed some dairy by eating ricotta cheese in vegetarian lasagna more than once. My total calcium came back slightly above range. I needed to have my calcium and PTH retested.
My PTH was suspiciously low at 5. It turned out the B complex vitamin I was taking contained biotin and it caused a false number on the PTH lab.

It took a several weeks to get retested as I was on vacation traveling with my wife. When the new labs came back my PTH was 21 and the calcium was in range at 10.1. I'm now taking 62,000 IU of D; part of it micellized, part regular. I'm feeling better than any time in over 2 years and I'm continuing to gain traction with my improvements.

My energy level is normal, I don't stop during the day to rest unless I want to.
I'm noticing better strength in my muscles during yoga, and my walking is also slowly improving too. I can walk more than a half mile no problem, and I'm pushing for more constantly.

What all of this illustrates to me is the combined strength of our common goal brought together through social media on Facebook to help each of us help each other, and the power of community with a common goal. I didn't get where I am alone.
We are a grassroots effort to overcome MS through the power of social media. Through the Facebook group we are providing information to the medical community so more medical practitioners can be educated about the benefits available through vitamin D and Dr. Coimbra's protocol for MS and autoimmune issues, and doctors are seeking out information through the Facebook group. I'm glad to be able to provide my personal information and story to add one more voice to the chorus spreading the word about the Coimbra protocol.

There is no doubt that this works and every day provides more evidence. My most significant improvement in addition to walking is regaining the ability to tap my right foot. It may seem like a small thing, but I noticed that ability disappear in July and now it's back. I could do it when I saw the neurologist the beginning of June and then the ability to tap my right foot left during my set back in July which may have started after starting pre-activated B2 which I was cautioned about, meaning my vitamin D level was high at 257 ng/dl, so there was a lot of vitamin D3 sitting unused in my blood.
The pre-activated b2 caused stress to my system as it's more powerful than the standard b2. When my body tried to convert and use too much vitamin d3, it didn't like it.

I had to back off the pre-activated b2 a bit and give myself time to adjust.
In early November as I adjusted, I noticed I had regained the ability to tap my right foot, another success. With the success and confidence I've gained on Dr. Coimbra's vitamin D protocol, I'm now applying to participate in Spring 2018 Oceans of Hope sailing cruise for patients with MS in Croatia, cruising islands in The Adriatic Sea. None of this would be possible without the protocol.

Today I consider myself the person doing the thing they said couldn't be done, smiling in the face of a big challenge. We are all that person.

Thank you to everyone that supports and works on the protocol

http://www.coimbravitamindprotocol.com/ ... ories.html
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Marie Testimonial

Marie has had suffered from pain as a result of her multiple sclerosis for 7+ years.

Her daughter, Stacie said that she lived on pain medications but they did nothing.

She began the protocol 2 weeks ago and reports being 100% pain free.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J23UpYtzNA