My Brother's Condition (update)

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

My Brother's Condition (update)

Post by AntonioBR »

Hi folks,

It is a brief update on my brother's condition.

On march 17 my brother was at the doctor. The doc analysed all his exams. Fortunately, it's everything fine. His levels of calcium, phosphorus, chromium, urea, etc. are excellent. And he is felling great.

When he was taking 180,000IU/day his Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) was 22pg/mL (and the minimum range is 12pg/mL). So, to achieve this number the doctor increased his dose to 250,000IU/day.

Only a few patients take a high dose like that (Maybe only 10~8% of people that follows Coimbra Protocol). As he has a big resistance to vitamin D3 he needs to take a lot of it to lower his PTH.

In september-2016 (after 6 months) he will check again how this new dose will affect his Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) levels. Remembering that 12pg/mL is the target.

My brother's leg improved even more. At the beginning, he was riding a stationary bike because he couldn't walk properly. But now he will begin to go jogging.

The doctor didn't ask for an MRI scan (brain and cervical) yet. But in September, it will be necessary to verify how vitamin D3 affected his brain and cervical lesions.

I asked about Bisphosphonates (curiosity) and the doctor said that it's super rare a patient take these drugs even if he/she can't do exercises. He has almost 500 patients following Coimbra Protocol and only 5 (1%) take it. I'm quoting it because maybe some people think that they use bisphosphonates with a lot of patients.

Furthermore, second him, bone loss is also super rare.

Best Regards!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: My Brother's Condition (update)

Post by CureOrBust »

AntonioBR wrote:The doctor didn't ask for an MRI scan (brain and cervical) yet. But in September, it will be necessary to verify how vitamin D3 affected his brain and cervical lesions.
What specialty is the doctor? I ask because in Australia, I think MRI requests are limited to neurologists. Or there is only a Govt subsidy when requested by a neurologist; not certain.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

CureOrBust wrote:
AntonioBR wrote:The doctor didn't ask for an MRI scan (brain and cervical) yet. But in September, it will be necessary to verify how vitamin D3 affected his brain and cervical lesions.
What specialty is the doctor? I ask because in Australia, I think MRI requests are limited to neurologists. Or there is only a Govt subsidy when requested by a neurologist; not certain.

He is a neurologist.

But in Brazil all the doctors can ask for an MRI exam (at least in the private healthcare and private hospitals).

I'm not sure how it works in public health. I guess that only neurologists can ask for an MRI exam.
TeeBenergy

Post by TeeBenergy »

Awesome update AntonioBR!

I was going to PM you asking your how you brother was doing...! Thanks for posting though in a more public forum. Really glad to hear there is some noticeable improvement taking place.

I've ventured into the protocol myself from March 7th,2016. I'm working directly with Dr. Sueli Lourenco who practices in the same office as Dr Coimbra there in Brazil (via Skype and Email). A viable option for me in Canada.

Without delving into too much detail, I've hit the 21 day mark and as she (Dr Sueli Lourenco) literally predicted - I'm on a regimen of Prednisone. No cause for alarm as all the warnings and information was provided both verbally and in document for myself and my immediate doctor. That being said....

Since I refuse to work with any local neurologist (PERSONAL DECISION) here in Canada (post 6 month Copaxone treatment and CCSVI early in my MS), my family doctor has been working with me hand in hand every step of the way for this treatment as both him and I personally believe there is potential for symptom improvement and maybe even reversal. The importance of working with your own personal doctor cannot be stressed enough. I even recommend having a direct line (phone or email) to your doctor if an option can exist. This helps me immensely.

In case of curiosity though, my situation, the fatigue from both the MS and early stages of High Dose 'D' prompted me to begin a round of Prednisone. I'm very "anti-pharmaceutical" as I don't believe I'm a mouse, so it took a lot of domestic discussion on the homefront to pursue this option to alleviate the fatigue.

I will post a thread of my own in the next upcoming weeks so as not to threadjack from your brothers information here, but I wanted to provide a sincere more public appreciation for the time you're taking to provide information on this potential treatment.

Taps
Last edited by TeeBenergy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DX'd Early 2009
Dieted, CCSVI'd (twice), Stented, Currently Vitamin D'ing...
More sig coming soon (listing symptoms and stuff)...
HUD45
Family Member

Post by HUD45 »

Thanks Antonio and welcome TB.

It is great to hear that you are working directly with the Brazilian experts. I am very interested in your progress and how they advise you concerning the Coimbra protocol.

Any information you can share would be of interest. Especially, what type of MS or disease you are treating, how much vit. D and other supplements you are taking and tests/frequency that they have advised for your situation.

I am going into my 3rd month of the protocol and have been gathering as much information and personal experiences as possible concerning high dose D.

Best...HUD
TeeBenergy

Post by TeeBenergy »

HUD,

Thanks for the welcome and indeed I will post progress.

I'll post some specifics about my MS for sure as well. Interesting to hear that you're going into the 3rd month of treatment. Looking forward to your updates as well.

Cheers,
T.
DX'd Early 2009
Dieted, CCSVI'd (twice), Stented, Currently Vitamin D'ing...
More sig coming soon (listing symptoms and stuff)...
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

TeeBenergy wrote:... The importance of working with your own personal doctor cannot be stressed enough. I even recommend having a direct line (phone or email) to your doctor if an option can exist. This helps me immensely.

Hi Taps,

Yes, you are right. It's very important that patients work with your own doctor.

Coimbra reinforces that all the doctors that follow this protocol have a direct line with their patients.

Always that my brothers has a doubt he sends an email to his doctor.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

On April 5th, my brother had another relapse. Probably it happened because his emotional condition. He was very stressful because of his master's degree.

He had a small lesion in the cervical spine and felt his leg tingling.

Because of that, he made another pulse steroid therapy and stayed 5 days in the hospital.

The vitamin D3 can't suppress 100% a relapse when it happens by an emotional/psychological condition. Dr. Coimbra already said that.

Afterwards, he decided to take LDN. We needed to look for a doctor that prescribe LDN because the neurologist certified on Coimbra method just prescribe the Coimbra protocol.

We found a naturopath that prescribes LDN. Interestingly, she also has prescribed a lot of other things. I will describe it here.

She treats MS using several different (but complementary) methods.

- Leaky Gut;
- Lack of Vitamin D3;
- Diet
- Immunological Problems;
- Parasites

Image Image
1- Drink Water Kefir and Kombucha oftentimes;

Water Kefir and Kombucha helps a lot to restore the good bacteria in the gut. As autoimmune diseases has a strong relationship with leaky gut. Restore the good bacteria is very important.

Kefir is a unique cultured dairy product that is one of the most probiotic rich foods on the planet and has incredible medicinal benefits for healing issues like leaky gut.

Its unique name comes from the Turkish work “keif”, which means “good feeling”.

For centuries, it has been used in European and Asian folk medicine due to the wide variety of conditions it has been known to cure.

Because of kefir’s unique set of nutrients it has been show to benefit the body in 7 main ways:

-Boost Immunity
-Heal Inflammatory Bowel Disease
-Build Bone Density
-Fight Allergies
-Improve Lactose Digestion
-Kill Candida
-Support Detoxification

Source: https://draxe.com/kefir-benefits/

----------

Known as the “Immortal Health Elixir” by the Chinese and originating in the Far East around 2,000 years ago, kombucha is a beverage with tremendous health benefits.

Kombucha is a fermented beverage of black tea and sugar (from various sources including cane sugar, fruit or honey) that’s used as a functional food. It contains a colony of bacteria and yeast that are responsible for initiating the fermentation process once combined with sugar. After being fermented, kombucha becomes carbonated and contains vinegar, b-vitamins, enzymes, probiotics and a high concentration of acid (acetic, gluconic and lactic), which are tied with the following effects:

-Improved Digestion
-Weight Loss
-Increased Energy
-Cleansing and Detoxification
-Immune Support
-Reduced Joint Pain
-Cancer Prevention

Source: https://draxe.com/7-reasons-drink-kombucha-everyday/

I strongly recommend these articles:

- 8 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Kombucha Tea: https://authoritynutrition.com/8-benefi ... bucha-tea/
- 9 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Kefir: https://authoritynutrition.com/9-health ... -of-kefir/
- 4 Steps to Heal Leaky Gut and Autoimmune Disease: https://draxe.com/4-steps-to-heal-leaky ... e-disease/
- 7 Reasons to Drink Kombucha Every Day: https://draxe.com/7-reasons-drink-kombucha-everyday/

2- Low Doses of Naltrexone;
Image He is taking 4.5mg of LDN.

He started with 1.5mg for one week, then he added another pill (3 mg) for another week. Now his dose is 4.5mg.

She also prescribed Melatonin 3mg for insomnia.

Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Cowan (Full Interview)

Natural health expert and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola interviews Dr. Thomas Cowan, a strong proponent of using low-dose naltrexone (LDN) for autoimmune diseases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azlbvw_f9k

3- Ozonetherapy;

Image RECTAL OZONE THERAPY
Ozone applied rectally is a therapy whose effects are similar to major autohemotherapy. With major autohemotherapy ozone is added to blood outside the Body, and then reinfused into the Body. It is the safest way to introduce ozone to the Body.

Similar to water, food or anal suppositories, the ozone molecules are absorbed by the intestinal membranes into the bloodstream and go straight to the liver. Before continuing on to the rest of the Body, the ozone first repairs the liver’s cells, which allows all blood cells that pass through the liver to come in contact with ozone. During this contact, cells’ antioxidant capacity rapidly increases, toxins are removed and cells’ vitality is improved. If there is hepatitis in the liver, inflammation is reduced, and related to this, enzymes return to normal and the burden from the virus is noticeably reduced.

http://www.siskiyouvitalmedicine.com/ozone-therapy/

4- Rife Frequencies to Kill Parasites

The Rife machine is a frequency healing device created by Dr. Royal Raymond Rife. Dr. Rife was a great scientist who had the vision of inventing a frequency generator with the potential to kill parasites and heal many kinds of diseases.

Website: http://rifevideos.com/dr_rifes_true_ori ... ncies.html

Killing Parasite with Frequency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSYcN5A1qJE

5- Injectable Acid alpha-lipoic

Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) has many functions, but it’s one of the most effective free radical scavengers, and the only one known to easily get into your brain.

It also has the ability to regenerate other antioxidants such as vitamins C, E, and glutathione. So, when your body has used up these antioxidants, if there’s ALA around, it helps regenerate them.

You may not know this, but glutathione is another very important antioxidant. You can get it from supplements, but the only form that works effectively is the reduced form, which is difficult to absorb when taken orally. It is much more cost effective to supplement with precursors, or items like alpha lipoic acid that regenerates glutathione.

Alpha lipoic acid also recycles coenzyme Q10 and NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide).

But, if that wasn’t enough, this powerful antioxidant is also:

A great modifier of gene expression to reduce inflammation
A very potent heavy metal chelator
An enhancer of insulin sensitivity
The benefits of ALA can appear near miraculous. For example, according to Dr. Berkson, Russia has successfully used ALA intravenously to reverse ischemia reperfusion injuries by injecting it right after a heart attack or a stroke.

And people with diabetes or metabolic syndrome tend to do much better when taking lipoic acid, as it enhances insulin sensitivity.

There’s even been quite a bit of research showing it can restore T cell function. T cells are a type of white blood cells that are of key importance to your immune system, and are at the core of adaptive immunity, the system that tailors your body's immune response to specific pathogens.

Internationally renowned natural health physician and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola and Burton Berkson, MD, PhD discuss about Alpha Lipoic Acid as one powerful antioxidant.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1RYo56oEQM

Source: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... sease.aspx

6- High Dose of Vitamin D3

My brother continues following Coimbra Protocol. And the naturopath also strongly recommends it.

7- Drink Turmeric and Ginger Tea

Turmeric Tea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYZnNrE ... nmZzIEFScR
Last edited by AntonioBR on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

AntonioBR wrote:3- Ozonetherapy;

RECTAL OZONE THERAPY
Ozone applied rectally is a therapy whose effects are similar to major autohemotherapy. With major autohemotherapy ozone is added to blood outside the Body, and then reinfused into the Body. It is the safest way to introduce ozone to the Body.

Similar to water, food or anal suppositories, the ozone molecules are absorbed by the intestinal membranes into the bloodstream and go straight to the liver. Before continuing on to the rest of the Body, the ozone first repairs the liver’s cells, which allows all blood cells that pass through the liver to come in contact with ozone. During this contact, cells’ antioxidant capacity rapidly increases, toxins are removed and cells’ vitality is improved. If there is hepatitis in the liver, inflammation is reduced, and related to this, enzymes return to normal and the burden from the virus is noticeably reduced.
Ozone is a toxic gas. Treatment with ozone is dangerous and can be fatal.
In September 2002, John C. Pittman, M.D., signed a consent order (shown below) under which the North Carolina Medical Board suspended his license for 60 days with the stipulation that he "would not use IV ozone or hydrogen peroxide until the board explicitly orders otherwise." Documents from the board indicate that the case involved a woman he treated who had nearly died from a precipitous drop in hemoglobin caused by intravenous infusions of ozone and hydrogen peroxide, which destroyed many of her red blood cells.
http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/pittman.html
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

AntonioBR wrote:She treats MS using several different (but complementary) methods.
Water Kefir and Kombucha helps a lot to restore the good bacteria in the gut. As autoimmune diseases has a strong relationship with leaky gut. Restore the good bacteria is very important.
...snip...
RECTAL OZONE THERAPY
Wait a sec, in one attempt she is trying to populate the intestines with bacteria, which are anaerobic (ie they die if oxygenated), and then in the very next step she would appear to be killing these aneorobic bacteria? huh? Pumping Ozone will kill the anaerobic bacteria. You should question this persons methods.
AntonioBR wrote:4- Rife Frequencies to Kill Parasites
As for Rife, you will note that it is not used today, in an age when current antibacterials are less effective against some organisms. You would think this method would thrive, but it has not.
http://www.quackwatch.com/04ConsumerEdu ... /rife.html
One of Abrams's many imitators was Royal Raymond Rife (1888-1971), an American who claimed that cancer was caused by bacteria. During the 1920s, he claimed to have developed a powerful microscope that could detect living microbes by the color of auras emitted by their vibratory rates. His Rife Frequency Generator allegedly generates radio waves with precisely the same frequency, causing the offending bacteria to shatter in the same manner as a crystal glass breaks in response to the voice of an opera singer. The American Cancer Society has pointed out that although sound waves can produce vibrations that break glass, radio waves at the power level emitted a Rife generator do not have sufficient energy to destroy bacteria [5].

The bottom line is that radionics devices have no value for diagnosing or treating anything.
And also Autohemotherapy : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1781578/
No effects of ozonated autohemotherapy on inflammation response in hemodialyzed patients.
Lionel
Family Member

Post by Lionel »

NHE wrote:
AntonioBR wrote:3- Ozonetherapy;

RECTAL OZONE THERAPY

Ozone is a toxic gas. Treatment with ozone is dangerous and can be fatal.
In September 2002, John C. Pittman, M.D., signed a consent order (shown below) under which the North Carolina Medical Board suspended his license for 60 days with the stipulation that he "would not use IV ozone or hydrogen peroxide until the board explicitly orders otherwise." Documents from the board indicate that the case involved a woman he treated who had nearly died from a precipitous drop in hemoglobin caused by intravenous infusions of ozone and hydrogen peroxide, which destroyed many of her red blood cells.
http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/pittman.html

I don't studied Ozonetherapy yet.

But here in Argentina the public health uses Ozonetherapy to treat many diseases. I think that Germany and Italy also use Ozonetherapy in public health.

And it has astonished results in heal some diseases. Especially disc herniation and joint pain.

My girlfriend tried many conventional treatments for a severe disc herniation and only ozone healed it completely.
Revolit
Getting to Know You...

Post by Revolit »

My biggest question here, is that by following Coimbra protocol and taking Kefir... doesn't that two complement each other? Coimbra protocol states that NO diary whatsoever. How does she solve the issue with the high calcium in the Kefir?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

For those not looking to have any dairy, water kefir is a good alternative. While it doesn't have quite as many beneficial bacteria strains as milk kefir, water kefir is still loaded with a lot of beneficial strains. I make and drink both water and in limited amounts milk kefir.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I actually like Coconut Kefir (ie water kefir). Its great over fruit as a desert or snack and avoids the whole dairy thing. You just have to be careful it hasn't been fortified with added calcium.
Lionel
Family Member

Post by Lionel »

Which one of these 7 treatments has your brother preference?