Liposomal D3

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Liposomal D3

Post by mrtmeo »

I noticed Dr Mercola, now, has a lipsomal vitamin D3 which shows promise if it has an increased strength like lipsomal vitamin C has.
http://products.mercola.com/vitamin-d-s ... 1732560049

Liposomal C at 1,000mg is nearly equivalent to 10,000mg IV vitamin C.
I know this due to trial and error when I gave my mom 4gms liposomal twice per day for shinges.
The shingles went away but she got massive headaches until I stopped the C found I only needed 2gms twice per day and read online how much more absorbable it is compared to iv c.
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/liposomal-c.html/
"Some experts in the field of vitamin C such as, Thomas Levy, MD, JD, are saying that 6 grams of liposomal vitamin C is equivalent to 50 grams of intravenous vitamin C. Intravenous vitamin C elevates blood levels of vitamin C significantly higher, however, without the liposomal membrane this water soluble vitamin C is unable to efficiently penetrate the cell membrane."

If lipsomal D3 is more absorbable, maybe folks can take smaller doses for the Coimbra protocol?
Has anyone tried liposomal D to see where their PTH levels go compared to standard D3?
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
She is in heaven and free from pain.
Lionel
Family Member

Re: Liposomal D3

Post by Lionel »

The problem is the price of liposomal.

There are only a few companies producing liposomal vitamin D3, for that reason the price is still high comparing to standard vitamin D3.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

90 day supply is only $38.00 without additional discounts which you can sometimes receive. Doesn't seem all that unreasonable for what might be an improved/superior product.

I have been doing some online research and there are many 'Liposomal' supplements available.
Lionel
Family Member

Post by Lionel »

ElliotB wrote:90 day supply is only $38.00 without additional discounts which you can sometimes receive. Doesn't seem all that unreasonable for what might be an improved/superior product.

I have been doing some online research and there are many 'Liposomal' supplements available.

Have you ever taken Liposomal vitamin D3?

Is it worthwhile?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I have not. I had no knowledge of this type of supplement until this thread was posted.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

The only way we can know if this product is superior is for someone to test their D levels using this supplement.
I haven't tried it yet, but may in the future and report back.
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

What about sublingual D3? http://superiorsourcevitamins.com/micro ... -vitamins/ Scroll down the page a bit and you'll see that it comes in 1000, 5,000 and 10,000 IU dosages. Is D3 absorbed well sublingually?
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

I'm not convinced. Vitamin D3 gel caps are very inexpensive, easy to take and have been proven to raise vitamin D levels in the blood. The vitamin D absorption process in the body is very complex, I'm not sure if liposomal is going to make any difference in the long run. Dr Mercola has a lot of good information on his site, but I think he's also a bit of a salesman pushing his products. I don't think D is well absorbed sublingually since it's an oil based vitamin. Dr Coimbra's patients have been taking vitamin D3 gel caps fpr years with excellent results.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

tzootsi wrote:I'm not convinced. Vitamin D3 gel caps are very inexpensive, easy to take and have been proven to raise vitamin D levels in the blood. The vitamin D absorption process in the body is very complex, I'm not sure if liposomal is going to make any difference in the long run. Dr Mercola has a lot of good information on his site, but I think he's also a bit of a salesman pushing his products. I don't think D is well absorbed sublingually since it's an oil based vitamin. Dr Coimbra's patients have been taking vitamin D3 gel caps fpr years with excellent results.
Liposomal has been around a long time with very good results compared any other combinations.
It is a new science.
If Liposomal D is found to have 10 times the potency as liposomal c has, then this would might be an excellent option where folks could take less.
The only way to truely know is for testing and it has nothing to do with Mercola's marketting.
This also, has the potential for those with poor kidney function and conversion of cholecalciferol to calcitriol.

Return to “Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol”