Organic or non-organic food?

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Organic or non-organic food?

Post by ElliotB »

mrtmeo, I wanted to thank you for the info you posted. I have ordered an ozone fruit/vegetable cleaner similar to the one you linked to and will use it as part of the cleaning process I will use.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

ElliotB wrote:mrtmeo, I wanted to thank you for the info you posted. I have ordered an ozone fruit/vegetable cleaner similar to the one you linked to and will use it as part of the cleaning process I will use.
Hi Elliotb,
I bought the Samson Ultrasonicator years ago, but they have newer model now.
It has silver and ozone to help with cleaning.
You can put most anything in a sealed ziplock baggie and sonicate it too.
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
She is in heaven and free from pain.
Lionel
Family Member

Post by Lionel »

Sound interesting.

Are there evidences that this ''fruit/vegetable ozone cleaner'' can really remove pesticides?

I found some websites with interesting information, but any evidence.

Thanks
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

There are inexpensive test kits you can use to confirm whether your fruits and/or vegetables have pesticides (which it is guaranteed that they do, conventional or organic) and whether the device you have works or not. And yes, all the sites associated with these devices claim they work but without testing, there is no way to know for sure.

I received the fruit/vegetable cleaners I ordered (actually ordered two of them) and so far I am happy with them.

Here is a link to one of the test kits you can use at home:

https://www.amazon.com/Pesticide-Detect ... 9KPR8AJ6SX

(not sure if I am going to 'test' or not...)
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

Here is a recent study showing effectiveness of pesticide reduction using ultrasonication and ozone.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4688301/

"The effects of washing with tap and ozone water, ultrasonic cleaning and boiling on 16 pesticide (ten fungicides and six insecticides) residue levels in raw strawberries were investigated at different processing times (1, 2 and 5 min). An analysis of these pesticides was conducted using gas chromatography with nitrogen-phosphorous and electron capture detection (GC-NPD/ECD). The processing factor (PF) for each pesticide in each processing technique was determined. Washing with ozonated water was demonstrated to be more effective (reduction from 36.1 to 75.1 %) than washing with tap water (reduction from 19.8 to 68.1 %). Boiling decreased the residues of the most compounds, with reductions ranging from 42.8 to 92.9 %. Ultrasonic cleaning lowered residues for all analysed pesticides with removal of up to 91.2 %. The data indicated that ultrasonic cleaning and boiling were the most effective treatments for the reduction of 16 pesticide residues in raw strawberries, resulting in a lower health risk exposure. Calculated PFs for alpha-cypermethrin were used to perform an acute risk assessment of dietary exposure. To investigate the relationship between the levels of 16 pesticides in strawberry samples and their physicochemical properties, a principal component analysis (PCA) was performed."

Dr Hulda Clark had a synchrometer that she used to determine the effectiveness of products to remove pathogens, pesticides, heavy metals, etc, but few in the world have been able to figure out how to use the synchromter with bottle copies.
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

-
Ozone is really good.

Moreover, Ozone is king when it comes to water purification. Even the EPA [Environmental Protection Agency] admits that much. This is a screen shot from the study on "Microorganism Removal for Small Water Systems", archived on the EPA's website. See where it says "highest" when it comes to bacterial disinfection efficiency:

Source United States Environmental Protection Agency: http://migre.me/vzhhu
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

ElliotB wrote:There are inexpensive test kits you can use to confirm whether your fruits and/or vegetables have pesticides (which it is guaranteed that they do, conventional or organic) and whether the device you have works or not. And yes, all the sites associated with these devices claim they work but without testing, there is no way to know for sure.

I received the fruit/vegetable cleaners I ordered (actually ordered two of them) and so far I am happy with them.

Here is a link to one of the test kits you can use at home:
https://www.amazon.com/Pesticide-Detec ... 9KPR8AJ6SX

(not sure if I am going to 'test' or not...)
Hi Elliot,
If you bought this pesticide test kit, can you let us all know if the ultrasonicator works to remove pesticides?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I have not bought it and have decided not to. As an update one of the machines I bought was defective and I ended up buying the Samson model. Received it a few days ago and am very, very happy with it! Thanks again!!!

Also, as the gluten free grains I consume (rice, buckwheat, Quinoa) are likely loaded with pesticides, I have made my own 'basket' out of a plastic rice colander to hold these grains in the machine to make them easy to wash and remove from the cleaner.

Also, for those interested, these 'ozone' machines are excellent for cleaning meats and poultry, they are not just for fruits and vegetables. From what I have read, ozone is a much, much more powerful and effect surface cleaner than chlorine.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Personally, I try to eat only organic fruit and veg and only buy organic meat and the reasons have nothing to do with MS.

Organic fruit and veg tastes much better, especially vegetables grown underground like potatoes and carrots but also onions which can have an awfully chemical taste if not organically grown.

Meat I will not eat unless it is organic because of feeding non organic meat animals with antibiotics as a prophylaxis or to make them grow faster. The only antibiotics I take I want to know about! Antibiotics cured my MS but they might not have been able to if overused in animals for the wrong reason. Finally animals should be able to live outdoors and only be brought in in very bad weather. Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

SarahLonglands wrote: The only antibiotics I take I want to know about! Antibiotics cured my MS but they might not have been able to if overused in animals for the wrong reason.
Sarah
Hi Sarah,
Are you sure you had MS and not Lyme disease?
Antibiotics are used to cure Lyme.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

I know that but I was diagnosed as having SPMS by a Cambridge neurologist who didn't like at all my medical consultant husband taking over my treatment.

Have a look at his medical website: http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html. Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Lionel
Family Member

Post by Lionel »

SarahLonglands wrote:I know that but I was diagnosed as having SPMS by a Cambridge neurologist who didn't like at all my medical consultant husband taking over my treatment.

Have a look at his medical website: http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html. Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Do you know if there are more people cured by Mr. Wheldon treatment?

Months ago I read about the treatment that Mr. Wheldon has developed. However, I had fear to try it because of side effects. Take antibiotics by 1 year and half (or more) seems very aggressive for the body.

Thank you!
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

There are many more, especially people with spms who are used to being told that nothing can be done. The nearest person lives not half a mile from us. She used to be a county class tennis player before MS got really bad, but since treatment is now able to play gentle badminton. Most people who report online can be found on a site about chlamydia pneumonia which is a dot.org site, the link for which is not allowed on this site but can be found on David's site or you can work it out easily enough.

If you do it properly the side effects are minimal to non-existant, but you do have to remember to take a good pro-biotic every day at least two hours apart from the antibiotics.

Sarah

Below is a link to one of my most recent paintings.

http://sarahlonglands.com/15-ghost_town.html
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

Found this study showing ultrasonication effective at destroying E.Coli

http://thescipub.com/PDF/ajessp.2005.187.189.pdf

I guess the problem with e.coli on veggies is that it creates a protective biofilm that attaches it to the veggies and disinfectants can't destroy them due to this biofilm, but sonication breaks it up.
Lionel
Family Member

Post by Lionel »

I buy organic food every day. And I know that it is totally organic because I know personally the guy that sell them.

In this case, do you think that an ultrasonic cleaner would be necessary?

Thanks