Neuropathy pain

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Neuropathy pain

Post by mrtmeo »

Anyone know how long it takes to feel improvement for neuropathy pain once on the D protocol?
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
She is in heaven and free from pain.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Re: Neuropathy pain

Post by AntonioBR »

mrtmeo wrote:Anyone know how long it takes to feel improvement for neuropathy pain once on the D protocol?
For neuropathy pain or any other symptom, Coimbra often says that in 6 months (minimum period) patients could see some improvements if their PTH is next to the lower limit of the normal range. Of course, it often changes from patient to patient. Everyone is different.

Also, we often see some testimonials where there are a lot of people that got better with only 4 months.

It depends on the disease too. Multiple Sclerosis, Devic's disease, such complex diseases need more time.

Atopic Dermatitis, Herpes, Crohn's disease, etc. need less time to see good/excellent results.

The levels of vitamin D resistance and stress will also play an important role on this subject.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Re: Neuropathy pain

Post by mrtmeo »

AntonioBR wrote:
mrtmeo wrote:Anyone know how long it takes to feel improvement for neuropathy pain once on the D protocol?
For neuropathy pain or any other symptom, Coimbra often says that in 6 months (minimum period) patients could see some improvements if their PTH is next to the lower limit of the normal range. Of course, it often changes from patient to patient. Everyone is different.

Also, we often see some testimonials where there are a lot of people that got better with only 4 months.

It depends on the disease too. Multiple Sclerosis, Devic's disease, such complex diseases need more time.

Atopic Dermatitis, Herpes, Crohn's disease, etc. need less time to see good/excellent results.

The levels of vitamin D resistance and stress will also play an important role on this subject.
Those are good points and I'm sure it matters how long the neuropathy existed.
I guess the nerves heal at a rate of 1mm per day.
I have noticed that some folks that got their PTH below normal felt better as long as it doesn't go below 5, but I don't know if that is short term or long term.
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
She is in heaven and free from pain.