Are you following the Coimbra Protocol?

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Are you following the Coimbra Protocol?

Post by ElliotB »

If so, how long and can you summarize what your experience has been?
TeresaL
Family Member

Re: Are you following the Coimbra Protocol?

Post by TeresaL »

Been in protocol 1.5yrs. Helped stop attacks (4 surgeries in 6mos...no attacks) but hasn't reversed neuro damage
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I think once serious damage has occurred it cannot be repaired (at this time) by any method. The Coimbra Protocol seems to primarily prevent disease progression which is of course a good thing! And it seems to reverse some symptoms especially if they are minor and likely related to RRMS and have not been experienced over a long period of time where permanent damage has occurred.
Last edited by ElliotB on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I wonder that, if you need to repair damage, the diet comes more important with the vitamin D3.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I am not a doctor, but IMHO both are of equal importance, and since taking Vitamin D is so easy, it would make sense to address both for maximum health/results. What type of diet are you following?
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I follow the vegan diet but I do have fish. I must admit my MS isn't better but I feel better and my energy levels are better. I am even thinking about decorating which I havn't for quite a while. Probably a mixture of the diet and vit. D3. I did a 3hr. car journey twice last week and I must admit I was a little worried that my right leg might not cope over that extended time, but it did!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Kittie, how much D3 are you taking on a daily basis?

I just saw your response to a recent thread:
"I am now on 20,000iu of vitamin D3 per day"

You mention that you just started recently at this dose level, how much were you taking before?

Are you doing the protocol on your own or are you using a Coimbra doctor?
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Hi,
Only just noticed your message. I am following the protocol with Dr. Cawley. He has now put me on 20,000iu a day. I have an appointment on Wednesday using Skype when I will up date my details again. I am really looking forward to it.

I started with 5,000iu daily on 31st July, 2017. Also vitamin K2, BHA-500 4 times daily, CoQ10 once daily and an Omega 3-6-9 twice daily.

10,000iu on 6th September, 2017 a week before my blood tests. Blood tests all 'ok'. Vitamin D 50 and parathyroid hormone lev - 6.1
which is quite high 1.60 - 7.20pmol/L.

Dr. Cawley put me on 20,000iu on 2nd October, 2017.

I had a fall when I was on my retreat. I am still hobbling even now. I had to collect a new leg fitting froim the hospital so checked my foot at the same time. Another 4/5 weeks apparently. No breaks though. Apart from that I feel really well.

My MS started in my right ankle and slowly over the years continued up and down the other side. I also have circulatory problems. One warm leg and one cold! I have a Faradic electric stimilating machine which helps. Also I have taken oxygen drops for about 15years.

I am, or was, very active and rarely depressed. I have always thought there was a simple answer to my problem.

I went to Spain in April for two weeks and came back really well. I wonder why? I was alergic to the sun tan lotion and spent more time than I should in the sun without sun tan lotion!

I think a good diet has helped me through the years, the electric stimulus machine and the oxygen drops which took most of my fatigue away.

Kittie

Return to “Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol”