Immunoglobulins

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Immunoglobulins

Post by mrtmeo »

I was wondering if anyone knows if their immunoglobulin levels are below normal, such as IgG, IgM and IgA.
My mom had low immunoglobulins and was never able to go into remission on rituximab or cellcept.
Rituximab lowers immunoglobulins too.
I would like to see if low immunoglobulins could be related to vitamin D resistance.
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
She is in heaven and free from pain.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Re: Immunoglobulins

Post by Zyklon »

I am on full dose Rebif and my IgA serum level is 82.4 mg/dL (80-453 range) and D3 is 57 ng/mL. Doctor warned me for blood transfusions that I could show allergic reaction to foreign blood and I needed to warn medical personnel about that.

I have no idea about past levels.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

Zyklon wrote:I am on full dose Rebif and my IgA serum level is 82.4 mg/dL (80-453 range) and D3 is 57 ng/mL. Doctor warned me for blood transfusions that I could show allergic reaction to foreign blood and I needed to warn medical personnel about that.

Have you asked your dr if he can do ivig if your immunoglobulins get too low?
When immunoglobulins get low, you are prone to more infections.
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

mrtmeo wrote:
Zyklon wrote:I am on full dose Rebif and my IgA serum level is 82.4 mg/dL (80-453 range) and D3 is 57 ng/mL. Doctor warned me for blood transfusions that I could show allergic reaction to foreign blood and I needed to warn medical personnel about that.

Have you asked your dr if he can do ivig if your immunoglobulins get too low?
When immunoglobulins get low, you are prone to more infections.
He said I did not need to do anything as alarming level was 60-.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

Hi mrtmeo,

I did not research about this subject, so I'm only answering basing in the testimonials that I read.

Yes, it seems that there is a correlation between low Immunoglobulin levels and autoimmune diseases.

A lot of patients that started the Coimbra Protocol were following an ''immunoglobulin therapy''. Although, in most cases this therapy did not improve their condition.

And as autoimmune diseases is linked to low vitamin D3 levels and vitamin D resistance, then it is probably related.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

AntonioBR wrote:Hi mrtmeo,

I did not research about this subject, so I'm only answering basing in the testimonials that I read.

Yes, it seems that there is a correlation between low Immunoglobulin levels and autoimmune diseases.

A lot of patients that started the Coimbra Protocol were following an ''immunoglobulin therapy''. Although, in most cases this therapy did not improve their condition.

And as autoimmune diseases is linked to low vitamin D3 levels and vitamin D resistance, then it is probably related.
Hi Antonio,
Do you know if folks, such as ITP, go into remission on D3 without igg therapy?
I am wondering if D3 improves immunoglobulin levels over time.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

mrtmeo wrote: Hi Antonio,

If ITP means Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. So, Yes. The Protocol works just fine for this disease.

Patients do not need to follow a immunoglobulin therapy or Corticosteroid therapies, only the vitamin D3 protocol. In fact, quite the opposite. Protocol doctors recommend that patients do not follow these therapies.

The testimonials that I read about had a very low Platelets blood count (4,000 ~ 9,000 /mm3). Then, after following the Protocol for 4 months (second appointment) the platelets blood count increased to 109,000 ~ 200,000/mm3 (depending on the patient).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3623781/ - Not a really high dose (50,000IU/week)

I will ask a doctor about the immunoglobulin levels. Meanwhile, there are some interesting studies, this is one of them:

Serum concentrations of 25-hydroxyvitamin D and immunoglobulins in an older Swiss cohort: https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/a ... 015-11-176

Remember that the 25(OH)D levels of patients that follow the Coimbra Protocol are way higher than these older Swiss patients.
AntonioBR
Family Elder

Post by AntonioBR »

mrtmeo wrote:I am wondering if D3 improves immunoglobulin levels over time.

Hi mrtmeo,

Yes, the doctor answered that the immunoglobulin levels improve over time.

And generally, after 2 years following the protocol the levels may improve significantly.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

AntonioBR wrote:
mrtmeo wrote: Hi Antonio,

If ITP means Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. So, Yes. The Protocol works just fine for this disease.

Patients do not need to follow a immunoglobulin therapy or Corticosteroid therapies, only the vitamin D3 protocol. In fact, quite the opposite. Protocol doctors recommend that patients do not follow these therapies.

The testimonials that I read about had a very low Platelets blood count (4,000 ~ 9,000 /mm3). Then, after following the Protocol for 4 months (second appointment) the platelets blood count increased to 109,000 ~ 200,000/mm3 (depending on the patient).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3623781/ - Not a really high dose (50,000IU/week)

I will ask a doctor about the immunoglobulin levels. Meanwhile, there are some interesting studies, this is one of them:

Serum concentrations of 25-hydroxyvitamin D and immunoglobulins in an older Swiss cohort: https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/a ... 015-11-176

Remember that the 25(OH)D levels of patients that follow the Coimbra Protocol are way higher than these older Swiss patients.

Wow, Antonnio. My theory was correct and I am so sorry I didn't force my mom to drink the water requirement last year when her kidneys could handle it.
She would have gone into remission and stayed there.
Thanks so much for finding all that info.
I pray it can help many others.

Return to “Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol”