Dr. Coimbra Protocol

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
Kittie
Family Elder

Re: Dr. Coimbra Protocol

Post by Kittie »

I took 70,000iu of vitamin D3 for two days but in the afternoon of the second day my thumb and two fingers of my bad hand went quite numb. This worried me and the next day I went back to 66,000iu. Today I have taken 62,000iu as yesterday was better but still a bit numb. Apart from that still feeling well and doing more than I did last year!

I am now going on my exercise bike every day, not for long, as I want to build up my strength slowly. I use the higher number so actually going up hill.

Still waiting for my appointment with Dr. Iain Smith. Looking forward to asking him some questions and also my adjustment. I have heard from quite a few people on Facebook who have had really good results from this so I am quite excited. I also take into account how long I have had this so who knows.... worth a try!

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Blood test results show everything within normal limits, no problem. My vitamin D is 400 nmol/L My previous test was 109nmol/L "Normal no action".

Serum TSH level - this was 2. My first blood test was 2.6. (0.40 - 4.90mu/L) Thyroid function test results. "Normal no action".

Serum calcium - 2.55 mmol/L (2.20 - 2.60mmol/L) "Normal no action". I am at the top end of this but very similar to my two previous. Everything was good including a full blood count, Liver and bone, Urea and electrolytes.

I am still taking 62,000iu vitamin D3 and feeling good.

Waiting for my appointment with the Chiropractitioner. He did ring me last week and said he was waiting for an email from America just to confirm the way forward with the adjustment. Hopefully contacting me this week.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Michael Cawley mentioned that my calcium levels were too near the top so suggested two Selenium capsules a day instead of one. I am also going to cut out the Almond Milk as although it has no added calcium there is still calcium in the almonds. I hope that will help.

I have been on 60,000iu vitamin D3 for the last four days and feeling really good. I have also decided to add a Cod Liver Oil capsule in every day too. That was my decision. I think I am through the worst now and only time will tell how quickly I move forward.

Still awaiting my appointment with the chiropractor and hopefully will hear this week. Not sure if this is a good sign or not. He was waiting to hear from America last time we spoke.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Interesting. As I understand your doc says selenium helps lowering calcium level. I am going to read about calcium-selenium interaction.

Good effort Kittie. I wish you have what you deserve.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Thank you so much, you too. It has been a long journey and nice to have your interaction.

He asked me how many I took and suggested I upped it to two. That's all I know I am afraid. He said my blood test was good apart from that.

I ordered neural magtein and it seems to have got lost in the post so only one yesterday and none today but the funny thing is my legs feel stronger. It might be a flook but we will see tomorrow.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Next day my neural magtein showed up and automatically took my usual three and I am not quite as good as I was before. I have dropped my fourth B2 riboflavin too. I might just try a day without neural magtein again!

Still not heard from Chiro.

When I stand on the bottom stair and hold on while letting the rest of my foot hang down helps me to walk better. It stretches the tenden at the back of my knee and loosens it up. This often tightens up with MS.

I still feel I am progressing slowly.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I have my appointment for my Atlas adjustment. This Thursday, 12th July, 2018. Iain Smith said he had been trying to get a face to face with the guy in America and finally did on Saturday afternoon. He said they talked for quite a while and now we can move forward with the adjustment. I am really hoping that this will help with my recovery. I will let you know how it goes. I have another appointment on the Friday for an xray and to see if the adjustment has stayed in place.

I also have tried a few days without the neural magtein and today the third day it is strong again. Not sure what to do. I have taken one neural magtein this morning.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I have gone back to 4 Neural Magtein, 4 Ionic Magnesium and 2 Magnesium Citrate. Also 4 Gall Pharma Riboflavin.

My Atlas adjustment left me able to wear shoes and walk without my leg brace!! This was a wonderful step forward for me. I couldn't walk in shoes without my leg brace before. The shoe was too heavy to lift. I am not good enough or confident to go out without it yet in case I trip but this is an enormous step forward. Just after I had the adjustment a warm feeling spread over my left side of my face and down the neck. It lasted for some time.

My second visit, yesterday, he pressed a certain area, while I was lying on my tummy, and my bad leg easily lifted up towards my bottom. This disappeared again afterwards but I have to keep trying this and I am back on Monday afternoon. Also I have to practice pulling my toes up and bending my ankle.This is better than I ever expected.

Onwards and Upwards,

Kittie
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Adjustment Thursday, 12 noon, 12th July, 2018 able to walk in shoes without my leg brace! Friday, 13th July, 2018 check up. Everything stayed in place and doing fine. Exercises to lift my bad leg, when lying on my stomach, towards my bottom. Not very good. Just about lift it but when he touched a certain area it lifted easily. To practice this. On Saturday morning it lifted once or twice normally. On Sunday it didn't.

Monday, 16th July, 2018. Still able to walk in shoes. Again to exercise lifting leg. He manipulated areas and pressed areas and tapped areas. Sort of shook my neck and adjusted head. When he puts my head straight it feels to me like I am leaning to the right. I have osiliosis, curvature of the spine from something that happened a long time ago. My car accident? Trying to get it to adapt to new alignment.

This morning I nearly got my leg lift there by practicing and getting my good leg to help with the lift and going back down. It's a matter of getting those muscle sequences into practice and making strong.

Dr. Iain Smith is on holiday for a few weeks and my next appointment is 7th August.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

That is fantastic news! Keep it up!!!!
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I thought I would let you know I have managed to lift my leg quite a few times over the last few days. I practice it in the morning before I get up. Friday morning I was doing it and suddenly it lifted right up! Next day back to square one but getting to the full lift after a few minutes lifting with help from my good leg. Same again this morning. I just have to keep at it. I can still wear my shoes and walk without my leg brace but not confident enough to go out.

When I had the correction I felt warmth down the left side of my face and neck. It is my right side that is affected the most.
This is a great start though. I am obviously getting more of the cerebral fluid circulating now.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Still pushing the exercise on my bad leg and very slowly every day a little better. I have joined a Tai Chi class to build my main core and this should help with the balance hopefully.

My walking no better but I need to exercise my foot drop. I did have three fantastic walking days 2nd, 3rd and 4th July and no idea why except I ran out of neural magtein. I tried three days off neural magtein last week and no difference. I have been on 70,000iu vitamin D3 for 5 days and this afternoon took another 10,000iu to see if it makes a difference. My right thumb is a bit numb at the moment so maybe a little too much. That's what happened on 70,000 before.

Back to see the chiropractitioner tomorrow. Hopefully everything has held and I will see what else he has in store for me.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I did 80,000iu vitamin D3 for two days and then went up to 90,000iu which I have been on for six days. The last few days my leg seems so much stronger and I have done more exercise and walking than ever. I feel something is happenig and as there is no bad reaction I must be using the extra D3.

My chiropractitioner gave me another exercise to add to help my right shoulder blade and right arm. I start my Thi Chi this Tuesday and hope that will add to my exercise routine. August is my tenth month on the protocol. I personally feel really well and it is just a matter of getting my body and muscles stronger. I think that will help my balance and help me to walk better.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

My second Thi chi lesson yesterday and I am starting to get the hang of some of the moves. You only do what you can and must not over stretch. I have a chair so I can sit down at any tiime and do it. Also a chair in front for balance. Still doing leg exercises but I am trying to lift my bad leg without the hip moving and it is hard, so my good leg lifts it and I am just trying to get my bad leg to remember what to do!! This I do every morning when I get up. Also my shoulder blade exercise which the chiro gave to me. These things just don't suddenly start working, it takes time and effort.

In myself I feel well, really well, and I just need to build the strength up in my muscles and get the messages to work again.

I was on 90K for 10 days but for the last two I had palpitations and tingling going down my bad arm. I went back to 80K and they both went away. Then I tried 84K but I got numbnes in my thumb and first finger. Back to 80K Monday and Tuesday and today I think I am going to try 84K again because I was on 90K for 10 days without any problem. Michael Cawley has now found out that the oil put with the D3 makes a difference to lots of people and we are trying lots of different ones. Some people can't take one kind but are fine with another. Obvious really when you think about it. We are all wired different and we should be treated differently. I feel we are at the forefront of finding a cure eventually.

I will settle for what I have got as my life is much better than it was but that little person inside me is saying "push further you can do it".

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I am still on 80,000iu and feeling good. Today I have been for a walk and stood talking to someone for over 20mins. When we got back I cooked some soup for lunch. Normally I would have collapsed when I got back. Yesterday I worked in my daughter's garden for five hours. Admittedly spending quite a while sitting and pulling out weeds but the energy was there. I thought I would ache and be tired today but no I am not.

At a wedding, at the weekend, I danced a slow dance with my husband. Not done that for a long time!

It is just a matter of time and keeping on keeping on. I am now into my 11th month on this D3 therapy and on 1st november it will have been a year.

Still doing Thi chi and exercise for my shoulder blade from the chiro.

Onward and Upward,

Kittie.

Return to “Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol”