Dr. Coimbra Protocol

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Dr. Coimbra Protocol

Post by ElliotB »

Hi Kittie,

I follow a diet that includes very, very, very minimal calcium (almost none) and have been doing so for years, basically as long as I have been taking the higher levels of D3 as I have always been aware of the potential for issues with regard to calcium. Fortunately my calcium levels have remained 'normal' and have not really changed over the years.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

From the very beginning my calcium levels were top end of normal. After two weeks on 10,000iu D3 at the beginning my serum calcium was 2.51 in a range of 2.20 - 2.60. Then 2.5, 2.55, 2.49, 2.56, 2.66, 2.53 (after two weeks no D3) and the last one 2.64. I am probably eating less calcium now, zero water filter, stopped almond milk, seeded bread, etc.
Has it affected your bones at all not eating much calcium in your diet?

Onwards and upwards,
Kittie.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

No issues with bone density. I have it checked yearly and I am due for my next test in a a month.

Good that you stopped the Almond milk. Apparently although unprocessed almonds are a fairly good source of calcium, almond milk is not naturally high in this mineral BUT many food companies fortify almond, rice or soy milk with amounts of calcium roughly similar to cow's milk.

I have just added dry roasted almonds to my diet, and was unaware that they supply calcium, and will be sure to limit my intake of them.

Food high in calcium aside from your typical sources like dairy include:

salmon, tofu, sardines, spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, navy beans, bok choy, almonds, rhubarb, turnip greens, sesame seeds, white beans, kale, corn tortillas, mustard greens and oysters.

It is very important to read the nutrition labels...
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

The almond milk had nothing added but I have tried to get the calcium down so decided to stop it. Maybe I should have dropped the D instead?
How on earth do you manage your diet without calcium, it seems to be in everything.
What amount of D were you taking?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I have generally taken in the 40,000 to 60,000 IU daily until recently. For the past few months I had dropped the level down to 15,000 IU daily and am now not taking any (been about a month). I have another blood test in about a month.

What brand of Almond milk were you using?

My diet is not easy, very, very low carbs, mainly meats, some home grown vegetables and home grown sprouts. The only issue I have experienced has been weight loss. Just added a few new items including some select nuts that are naturally low in saturated fats (primarily macadamia nuts and chestnuts) to try to add calories to my diet and stop the weight loss. BUT avoiding calcium is absolutely necessary when taking high doses of D. As I have never consumed more than a small amount of dairy in the past, it has not been that difficult to adjust.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Rude Health natural organic Almond Milk. I don't eat dairy, very little gluten, no nuts or seeds, mostly salads and vegetables, no meat except I have recently been having liver once a week, 2 1/2 lts water, fish and fruit. On your list salmon is the only thing that I have. Michael Cawley thinks the calcium levels are wrong. Hence the ionised calcium blood test.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Two weeks now without D3. Yesterday I took 20K Life Extension D3 drops. None today.
I had a really good day on Monday and the only difference being I had lamb's liver on Sunday!
I saw the Chiropractor on 6th June, Iain Smith in Newport. It has been 3 months since my last appointment. Good results and my leg exercises, that I have to admit I have left off for a while, just got out of the habit of doing them, were far better than they were. After a few pushes I could nearly lift it up all by myself!! This from hardly being able to lift it off the couch!

Sometimes we don't always realise that things are getting better. We can do a lot to help ourselves, but it won't happen overnight. Less than a week now to blood test. Wednesday 19th June, 2019.

Onwards and upwards,
Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Blood test done today and results should be available on Monday afternoon. I will let you know!
I did 14 days without D3 and the third week I did three days at 20,000iu D3. The last time I did two weeks without D3 the blood calcium went down into normal range. On the Coimbra Protocol they take no notice of the vitamin D figure as it goes off the scales and they can't check it. Also Michael Cawley isn't interested in that figure either. I only check mine because my Doctor wanted it tested.
What I have noticed recently is that the body lotion that I use, Nivea 48hr body lotion has 2 x almond oil in it!!!! Maybe that's why my calcium blood levels are always so high! Can't seem to find anything that says the calcium content. I use this every day and straight on to my skin. I know it sounds ridiculous but I don't take my glasses upstairs and I have tried to read the small writing often. Anyway I havn't used it for six days now.

Onwards and upwards,
Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

No ionised calcium test done. They only did serum calcium which was 2.60 just in the range, which is 2.20 - 2.60. Serum adjusted calcium which was 2.64 over the 2.20-2.60 range. All the other results in the bone profile were well within the normal ranges.I did two weeks with no D3 and the third week took 20K on four days not three as I originally thought. Thinking the 20K would be fine I continued until I got my results on Monday. Now no D3 since. Vitamin D results were 400 which is the same as previous seven. Michael Cawley will still want me to have the Ionised Calcium test done but I am fed up with blood tests for the moment. He is on holiday till end of the month so will contact him then. I will let you know how I get on with the no D3 situation.
I tried my new grounding bed sheet last night. MC has had a brilliant reaction with his. He has used it while he has been away and his walking has increased phenominally! He is going from strength to strenth and has lowered his D3 from 100K to 60K with no ill effects. He has been on this D3 protocol for three years and if he ever took 10K less his MS would be much worse. After three weeks using the grounding bed mat he woke up with numbness in arms and electric feeling in his legs. He dropped the D3 to 60K and this time no reaction plus all symptoms went and thinks it has a lot to do with the grounding and now not needing so much D3. This could be the jigsaw piece in this very large puzzle. He does this month in a warm climate every year and it has never made any difference before.

Onwards and upwards,
Kittie.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Sounds like you are doing well overall, and improving, great news!!!

What brand of grounding are you using? Are you noticing any improvement for yourself?

Who is MC?
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

I bought my mat from www.groundology.com and use it every day while watching TV or sitting at my computer. I bought a cheap bed grounding sheet from China to see if it worked for me and I have used this two nights now. Michael has used his (a more expensive grounding mat for his bed) for three weeks on holiday when he started to see how much extra energy he had. He has made a Utube video. Go on to Utube and put in Michael Cawley MS and it will come up. He can't believe the difference this bed mat can make. I have bought a tool that can check if your plug is earthed as MC said only two out of the 8 plugs on holiday worked. Not worth wasting your time if your plugs aren't earthed.
I went for a walk this morning and felt my legs were stronger than usual but it is early days. The bed sheet feels slightly tingly to me and soon becomes warm. It feels more tingly when lying on my back than when I lye on my side. I feel the same tingly feeling when I stand on the earth with bare feet too.

Onwards and upwards,
Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

This is my 26th day without D3. I am still using my grounding mat and sheet. The sheet didn't come with it's own plug but I use the one that came with the grounding mat. Last night I got into bed and immediately felt it wasn't the same as usual. Couldn't work it out but felt not as relaxed as I had. After a few minutes I got up and checked the plug. I hadn't switched it on!!!

MC recommended a new detox called TRS. I stopped EDTH and tried TRS on friday 5th July. One spray into my mouth at bedtime. No problem so two the next night. No problem. Then two at night and one in morning till I got to three at night and two in the morning. This is quite strong for some people and it is advised to take it slowly. The guy who invented this worked at NASA at one time. It is man made nano zeolites in pure water. Goes past the BBB and doesn't even need filtering through the kidneys. It actually removes the toxins from the body completely!My diary entry for the end of Sunday 7th July was "no difference from grounding or TRS at the moment". The next four days I felt tired and most afternoons I would fall asleep reading a book. Not at all like me! Then, on 12th July, I wrote "Feel good today!" and I have felt good ever since. This feels very similar to when I felt good on 40K D3. But I am not taking D3. Put TRS detox into Google and read up on this. Grounding and TRS go nicely together. Could this be the missing piece of the puzzle? Definitely worth a try!

Onwards and definitely upwards,
Kittie.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

This is my 39th day without D3. 39th day grounding/earthing and 29th day on TRS. I have been feeling really good and it is continuous! I have no plans to go back on high D3 again! I might take a small amount especially as the sun gets less strong.

What a journey I have had! My walking is no better but some days stronger. My right hand remains looser than it was initially and my water works aren't as good as they were on D3. Hence I might bring back in a small amount after my blood test in September. TRS - A Safe Heavy Metals Detox. They have 66.8K members. Worth joining to listen to all the good things that happen to people and a lot of children!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

That is great news!

Have you been having your D level checked regularly since you stopped taking it? I have been off D3 supplementation for about 6 months and have been having it checked every two months, my next test is in a week.

I too have no plans to go back on high D3 again, but I will likely take a small dose daily starting in the near future based on the results of my blood tests to maintain a 'healthier' level.
Last edited by ElliotB on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Yes I totally agree.
I really love my grounding sheet and enjoy actually going to bed. The TRS, I feel, is working for me. I think I will continue taking TRS and using my Grounding sheet and mat for as long as I feel it is helping me. Maybe a lifetime!
I will get a blood test done in few weeks when I get to two months. It will be interesting to see if my D levels have come down at all.
From what I understand 1K D3 is an amount anyone can take daily.

Onwards and upwards,
Kittie.

Return to “Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol”