Ocrelizumab treatment

Discuss Ocrelizumab, a monoclonal antibody treatment for MS.
kenneth65
Getting to Know You...

Ocrelizumab treatment

Post by kenneth65 »

Hi all hope all is well Today we went to the doctors to do a follow up for my wife that has MS turns out she graded at 5 Man this was not a good day the doctor says its possible that she ends up in a chair and with the shaking of the hands it wouldn't be easy.
He wants her to go and do a new research well new not really but he says this mite really help her.
My question is did anyone ever go to this treatment and how did it work for you .
I hope you all understand what I'm asking
Thanks Ken :-|
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Ocrelizumab treatment

Post by jimmylegs »

hi kenneth, i take it the magnesium didn't help with the tremors :S that's no good. did you end up buying the kirkman biomax stuff? how many had your wife taken per day? if only one, you could try going up to three a day for a week, see if there's any improvement.

hopefully someone can answer your question re the drug treatment.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
kenneth65
Getting to Know You...

Post by kenneth65 »

Hi jimmy legs yes she takes it every day shes up to 3 a day. ( :twisted: MS :twisted: ) and now will see about the treatment study thing. I have to stay positive with her.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ok - no improvement at all? just hoping to clarify. magnesium is obviously my #1 go-to for things muscular, ms or otherwise, but i will scout around for any other nutrients that could be part of the picture. just in case anything else turns up :)
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i'm seeing a couple of the b-complex vitamins.. b6 and b12 in particular...
Pesho
Family Member

Post by Pesho »

This is still in trial. I'm in it, but it could be ocrelizumab or rebif. Think I'm on ocrelizumab, because I don't have any side effects from the "rebif" shots. Don't know how is it in USA, but here in Europe the study is double blind. They say that is twice as effective as rebif, which is one of the best drugs. And the best thing is that you take it every 6 months, don't have to inject yourself every day or every second day.