MS is more neurodegenerative than autoimmune

A forum to discuss research on the origins of MS and its development.
frodo
Family Elder

MS is more neurodegenerative than autoimmune

Post by frodo »

NAWM or normal appearing white matter is MRI-invisible damage that appears before the MS lesions and autoimmunity.

Global loss of myelin water over 5 years in multiple sclerosis normal-appearing white matter

Source: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10. ... 8517723717

Conclusion:

The decreases we observed in MWF suggest that changes in myelin integrity and loss of myelin may be occurring diffusely and over long time periods in the MS brain. The timescale of these changes indicates that chronic, progressive myelin damage is an evolving process occurring over many years.

And supporting the previous one:

The loss of macular ganglion cells begins from the early stages of disease and correlates with brain atrophy in multiple sclerosis patients

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10. ... 8517740214
Last edited by frodo on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Re: MS is more neurodegenerative than autoimmune

Post by Zyklon »

If it is more neurodegenerative, exercise with MS may be one underestimated area.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
zen2010
Family Elder

Post by zen2010 »

Zyklon wrote:If it is more neurodegenerative, exercise with MS may be one underestimated area.
You must be a visionary :smile:

From ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS 2017: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/887248#vp_2
Another novel approach being reported is a study investigating the effect of physical exercise on MS. "Basic science studies have suggested that exercise is related to plasticity, and stimulating neurons with exercise may trigger remyelination,"

Full ECTRIMS-ACTRIMS report will be released at the end of this year or begining of 2018.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Leg day tomorrow haha :D Please more scientific research about exercise. It may be the missing part.

Jul 29, 2017

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p248914
Today I did my 6th GYM training and I easily matched my pre-MS weights and sets. I guess my body have done a good repair job with remyelination. I am sure that healthy diet and becoming optimal with minerals/vitamins helps me alot. Big thanks to jimmylegs.

Our priority is keeping my hearth rate and body core temperature low. I do lots of rests. I can comfortably talk all the time and avoid getting exhausted.

Something very funny, all my symptoms disappear in gym. Mild ataxia, numbness in feet fingers. Seratonin? Lactic acid? Any logical reason?

MS is degenerative. I know I will get worse in future. How much worse may be depends on how well am I. Lets say 10 points is the maximum score for my overall health. Before MS I give myself 4 points. I can not imagine a decline from there. Now it is 6 points. Target is 8-9 points. I want to have my neurological muscle weaknesses start from that point. A decline from 9 points and not from 6. Even 1 point increase at the end can be a saver. That is why I think gym is very important for me. Damage limitation in future. At the age of 60s, 70s, maaaaybe 80s.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Zyklon wrote:Leg day tomorrow haha :D Please more scientific research about exercise. It may be the missing part.

Jul 29, 2017

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... ml#p248914
Today I did my 6th GYM training and I easily matched my pre-MS weights and sets. I guess my body have done a good repair job with remyelination. I am sure that healthy diet and becoming optimal with minerals/vitamins helps me alot. Big thanks to jimmylegs.

Our priority is keeping my hearth rate and body core temperature low. I do lots of rests. I can comfortably talk all the time and avoid getting exhausted.

Something very funny, all my symptoms disappear in gym. Mild ataxia, numbness in feet fingers. Seratonin? Lactic acid? Any logical reason?

MS is degenerative. I know I will get worse in future. How much worse may be depends on how well am I. Lets say 10 points is the maximum score for my overall health. Before MS I give myself 4 points. I can not imagine a decline from there. Now it is 6 points. Target is 8-9 points. I want to have my neurological muscle weaknesses start from that point. A decline from 9 points and not from 6. Even 1 point increase at the end can be a saver. That is why I think gym is very important for me. Damage limitation in future. At the age of 60s, 70s, maaaaybe 80s.
Greetings,

THE logical reason for disappearance of symptoms with exercise is enhanced BLOOD/CSF CIRCULATION, the CCSVI issue. One doesn't necessarily need angioplasty to correct poor fluid circulation, a good massage, exercise, acupuncture, osteopathic treatment may do if one is lucky. Apparently for ideological/political reasons this obvious, well known (over 150 years) aspect in MS is being swept Under the rug which is leading to collective stupidity and unnecessary suffering. Let's wake up and smell the coffee.
Best regards, Vesta
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Greetings. To be honest I don't believe in CCSVI. I want to see more evidence about it.

Kind regards, Z