The following paper defines and separates several diseases by their molecular causes, instead of using the clinical courses, and they separate two kinds of MS (with and without CD20+ b-cells):
- CD4+ T‐cells/1–5: ADEM or Clippers, according to the clinical evolution.
- CD4+ T‐cells, innate immune activation/6: A second kind of ADEM
- CD4+ T‐cells and pathogenic autoantibodies/8–12 –7: Anti-MOG and NMO diseases
- CD8+ T‐cells/13–21: Several diseases including non-standard multiple sclerosis
- CD8+ T‐cells and CD20+ B‐cells/22–24: Standard multiple sclerosis
- Innate immunity: Bacterial meningitis; chronic inflammatory conditions
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... glia.23726