rebif for me

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
jsimm

rebif for me

Post by jsimm »

Hello... I'm very new to the site and I usually don't share how I feel but here it goes! I was incarcerated six yrs ago and while in prison I experienced numbness they wrote it off as a stroke but this last year while at work I experienced the numbness again and after a week of being numb I went to my family dr. He said it looked like a stroke but did an mri to be sure. It came back looking like ms so I had the spinal tap too... I started seeing a neuroligist and she started me on rebif. Not only did I have no clue what it was... I didn't even know what ms was. I started rebif in june and did the shots manually. They told me to use the pen thing but now I get big red marks that don't seem to go away. Also it seems to make me feel sick all of the time. Is there any tricks to not get sick? I feel like I have a fever but I get cold sweats and get shaky I want to be able to leave the house and not feel crappy... I currently take it m,w,f at 8:30 p.m. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: rebif for me

Post by NHE »

jsimm wrote:Also it seems to make me feel sick all of the time. Is there any tricks to not get sick? I feel like I have a fever but I get cold sweats and get shaky I want to be able to leave the house and not feel crappy... I currently take it m,w,f at 8:30 p.m. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated
Try ibuprofen, 400 mg at the time of your shot and about every 5-6 hours after that as needed.

NHE
jsimm

Post by jsimm »

Thanks... I took a shot last night and I've been on graveyards for a month straight so I'm exhausted! I hope that helps thanks again
KarenT

Post by KarenT »

I was diagnosed at the end of February @ age 46 of this year. I started Rebif on April 14. At first I felt like I had the flu after every shot. I would feel feverish, shakey and hurt worse. I found the best time for me to do my injections is at bedtime and I take Aleve about 1/2 before my shot and then go to bed. If I am lucky and able to fall asleep I am able to sleep thru any side effects I may have. If I wait too long after the shot to get to sleep I often suffer from insominia which is so frustrating to me. I do my injections using the injector.
jsimm

Post by jsimm »

Now just as a question but how does aleve or ibuprofen help with the flu symptoms? I really an clueless to all of this
KarenT

Post by KarenT »

jsimm wrote:Now just as a question but how does aleve or ibuprofen help with the flu symptoms? I really an clueless to all of this
Not exactly how or why it helps but it does. I guess for me I run a low grade fever and my body aches so it helps for that. I never had stomach flu type symptoms so I imagine if you feel sick to your stomach it isn't going to help you. Everyone is different. Give it a try and hopefully it will help you. The first 3 months were the worse for me. Now my main side effect is not being able to sleep :cry:
Last edited by KarenT on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsimm

Post by jsimm »

I have to take sleeping pills... But just the equate one... I'm workin on the fourth month of these shots and I just want to feel better. So thanks for the advice

Return to “Rebif”