Emotionally Dealing with Rebif

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
azsander

Re: Emotionally Dealing with Rebif

Post by azsander »

MSBOB HI AGAIN...I found another type of acupuncture treatment that I used for headaches, bad ones. This therapy uses 2mm ceramic balls on surgical tapes 1/4" square these are placed on your ears pressed to stay in position and then you can press them yourself with your fingers for further relief by stimulating the points, of the ears that correspond to the organs or other parts of your body in pain....No needles just small ceramic balls pressed on the ear, by someone who knows where to place them. I'm no expert I speak from my experience when I was using rebif and before. They always gave me relief from headaches and other pains. They can be left in place for several days and keep working.My Pastor at my church in Korea told us about this and at the time my wife took classes for 1 year and became certified to practice and teach this. Ear seeds is another name for a type I didn't use. If u want to find this search those 2. Good luck! Best wishes....azsander
MSBOB
Family Elder

Post by MSBOB »

My headaches seem highly correlated to the amount of water I drink on injection days. Drink more water; Get less headaches.
brokensailor513

Post by brokensailor513 »

gabriellelm wrote:I was diagnosed three days after Christmas 2011, so everything is still quite fresh for me. I dread the Rebif (44 mcg) shots not so much because they are painful but because I almost always experience an anxiety attack following them, sometimes waking up in the middle of the night in a panic. After reading a few of the other posts on this topic, I know I'm not alone, but it's still quite frustrating. I'm not much of a "joiner", thus have no fellow MSers locally to compare/contrast with. I'm really hoping this message board will help :)

Hello,

I am new to this entire process, so please forgive me if I do not post correctly. I was diagnosed exactly 122 days ago and it has been nothing but pure hell for me. I started the Rebif Titration pack in Aug 12, and then graduated to the 44mcg. I do not like the 44mcg's myself as I also wake up in panic attacks at night.I thought that my body would have gotten used to the Rebif after a few months, but I was told that everyones body is different. Yes, this is beyond frustrating.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

- Broken Sailor

Return to “Rebif”