Bruising/redness site reactions

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
dairygold

Bruising/redness site reactions

Post by dairygold »

Hi all,
This is my first time posting here, I was diagnosed in October 2014 and started taking Rebif in December with the Rebismart device. Overall, I feel like I have gotten off pretty easy with side effects as the dreaded flu-like symptoms have been manageable. My question is if anyone has found a way to track injection sites, i.e. which places bruise/cause redness and which don't?? I find it so hard to predict and have started dreading removing the device after the injection as I know if I see a drop of blood that it will be a site that will bruise. Again, it's not the worst thing in the world and I don't live in a hot country where I am wearing shorts or bikinis but it is just the constant reminder of the injections and the diagnosis when I see these bruises on my skin... any thoughts/suggestions appreciated!!! I've tried changing the comfort settings but it doesn't seem to make much difference, I've also wondered if it's because I have gotten back into exercise and am toning up more so the bruising occurs more as I don't have as much fat, which is obviously a good thing but again, it would be great to know if anyone has any suggestions!!!!
tessj253

Re: Bruising/redness site reactions

Post by tessj253 »

Hi,

I was recently diagnosed and started on Rebif and I found this on their website to track injection location, date and time. I downloaded it and sent it to local printers and had it bound so I wouldn't lose pages ;)

http://www.rebif.com/taking-rebif/rebif ... nt-routine

I hope this helps :)
Froggie
Family Elder

Post by Froggie »

Hi dairygold,

I was on Rebif for about three years and can relate with the bruising. I first stopped using the Rebiject, as the action was like using a jack hammer! I ended up having my husband give me the injections as well as doing some myself. That reduced a good deal of bruising and pain. Secondly, I eliminated my thighs as an injection site. I was always having problems and they disappeared once I removed them from my rotation.

For injection site tracking, I used journals supplied by MS Lifelines. They are really good about sending them out. Also, the link Tessj253 posted would probably work as well.

Hope this helps!
dairygold

Post by dairygold »

Thanks so much for your replies,good to know there are ways to track injection sites and hopefully your posts help others,my neurologist actually switched me to Tecfidera in January so no more bruising thankfully and once I got past the first month or two I haven't looked back! Thanks again for taking the time to reply though :)

Return to “Rebif”