Sleepy Rebif--and introduction

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
inkwench

Sleepy Rebif--and introduction

Post by inkwench »

Okay, to back track and my experience with MS--back when I was in graduate school, I developed optic neuritis. Doc said that the odds were good I'd develop MS and he put me on a run of cortisone to slow the possible development of MS. Jump ahead 20 years, and presto! Now I have full-blown MS. Still fighting to get disability, and am now walker-dependent.
Just in the 2nd step of Rebif, but fairly recently, I'm having some trouble sleeping in my bed.
I've always been really good at sleeping, so I was wondering if this was Rebif-related.
Thoughts?
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Sleepy Rebif--and introduction

Post by NHE »

inkwench wrote:Okay, to back track and my experience with MS--back when I was in graduate school, I developed optic neuritis. Doc said that the odds were good I'd develop MS and he put me on a run of cortisone to slow the possible development of MS. Jump ahead 20 years, and presto! Now I have full-blown MS. Still fighting to get disability, and am now walker-dependent.
Just in the 2nd step of Rebif, but fairly recently, I'm having some trouble sleeping in my bed.
I've always been really good at sleeping, so I was wondering if this was Rebif-related.
Thoughts?
Welcome to ThisIsMS. I was on Avonex (interferon-B1a) for 10 years. I found it next to impossible to sleep through the side effects. I found it much easier to take my shot in the middle of the day and manage the side effects with 400 mg of ibuprofen every 4-6 hours.

NHE

Return to “Rebif”