Do you pay for your Rebif out-of-pocket?

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
RickR
Getting to Know You...

Do you pay for your Rebif out-of-pocket?

Post by RickR »

Last week my Dr. switched me from Rebf to Copaxone. I have 10 unopened syringes left. If you are paying for your Rebif out of pocket, I know this has great value to you. I know they would have to be sent refrigerated (with ice) and I don't know how that is done. But, if you want them, they're yours.

Rick in Michigan
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Do you pay for your Rebif out-of-pocket?

Post by HarryZ »

Rick,

Unfotunately, despite your good intentions, giving prescription medicine to another person is illegal. The laws vary from state to state but one is simply not allowed to give their rx meds to someone else.

Call the pharmacy from where you got the Rebif and ask them if they are able to help you dispose of the drug. Even give the local MS Society a call ...maybe they can also help.

Harry
RickR
Getting to Know You...

Post by RickR »

Harry & All-

I did not realize that my attempt to give my surplus Rebif to another was illegal. I guess that makes sense, though. What a mess if this redistribution was happening by a large amount of people covering a large amount of drugs. My intent was good, but I appreciate your wisdom and bow out of the offer. Thanks.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Rick,

Your offer was not the first, nor will it be the last good intention of trying to give a very expensive rx drug to someone who can use it. This situation has taken place on other MS forums that I participate and the intent is always to help someone. I hope I didn't come across too harsh in letting you know the legalities about rx drugs because that's not what
I wanted to do.....only caution you as to try another avenue for your Rebif.

Take care.

Harry

Return to “Rebif”