I'm being bad

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
Punchy
Family Elder

I'm being bad

Post by Punchy »

I decided to stop taking my Rebif. Tonight will be my first missed shot. :twisted:

My neuro wanted me to go for three more months, and I've lasted two. Screw it, I have a crazy month ahead of me work-wise, I am d.o.n.e.

I packed up my auto injector and supplies and stuffed them in the very back of my closet. I truly hope to never see them again. :D :D :D
GeoGuy
Family Elder

Post by GeoGuy »

Punchy,

Is this permanent or a "vacation". What was it that led to your decision? Side effects? And what was it your neuro expected to see after three more months? I'm on Rebif myself so I'm really curious.

Jack
RRMS since 01/07.
oreo
Family Elder

Post by oreo »

Thanks for reminding me - I was forgetting today's shot.

I am also interested to know why you are quitting. I will skip the occasional shot because it is not convenient but I wouldn't dream of stopping. Things are going OK for me and I don't want to take any chances.
Carpe Diem
Punchy
Family Elder

Post by Punchy »

I am stopping because in 3 months we're going to try to start a family :D.

I've had a miserable time on Rebif and wanted to quit two months ago, but my neuro convinced me to do it for three more months (we aren't planning to start trying until August).

That all said, I had a major relapse this weekend. :(
Felt funny all weekend then last night was hit by full-on vertigo and subsequent vomiting. I had a lesion on my brain stem last year that caused the same thing. I am going in to the hospital tomorrow. Boo.
GeoGuy
Family Elder

Post by GeoGuy »

Punchy,

That sounds all to familiar, exactly how my first exacerbation went. The vertigo is like being a human helicopter. I feel for ya.

Jack
RRMS since 01/07.
Grumpster
Family Elder

Post by Grumpster »

Best of luck with that. I HATE rebif too, but I am too scared to stop. I also am doing an antibiotic protocol for giggles just to ensure that I never have a day whenI do not feel absolutely horrible. Congrats on trying to start a family. I am scared to do that as well. You have more balls than I apparently. I long for the day I can put all the interfeuron gear into a bonfire..... I had wicked Vertigo too. ..for at least 1-2 weeks. That SUX. Get well....G
Punchy
Family Elder

Post by Punchy »

I can't tell you how good it felt to throw all my interferon stuff into a box and shove it to the back of a closet. Then I squirted out six syringes of Rebif into the sink while having a glass of wine. :D

I kept three syringes, which I place front in centre of my fridge and with me when I travel, to fool my friends and family (it's all a big secret).

I do have moments of paranoia though. I just pray i get pregnant sooner rather than later.

And I'm not brave, just largely in denial.
Grumpster
Family Elder

Post by Grumpster »

I'll take a few glasses of wine over that Rebif crap anyday. I can see the smile on your face while squirting that rebif acid stuff down the drain and having wine... nice. I hope it was a nice red wine..my favorite.

Best Regards
Grumpster
Family Elder

Post by Grumpster »

OOps..I see from the getting pregnant line that you must be a woman. Funny, you still have more balls than me..ha. Enen if it is denial talking...

Return to “Rebif”