First electronic injection device (Europe and Canada)

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Rebif
RuSmolikova
Family Elder

First electronic injection device (Europe and Canada)

Post by RuSmolikova »

scoobyjude
Family Elder

Post by scoobyjude »

Wow, kinda looks like a cell phone.
JoR

Post by JoR »

My neuro nurse showed this to me on the web earlier this month and she said it was fab. Looking at it being issued in the UK later this year but apparently it can hold the new formula Rebif without being refrigerated. I think she said for up to 4 weeks but not certain as I'd been panicking about keeping the new formula cold all of the time (even to the point of injecting asap out of the fridge - don't need to be that strict apparently :roll:

Jo
tdkstratus

Post by tdkstratus »

Hi All

I've been using the Rebismart machine since October 09. You can keep the rebif out of the fridge but only for 2 weeks (the 44mg cartridge only lasts a week anyway so no danger there). It's recommended that you keep your cartridges in the fridge until you need to use it. What I do is I inject on Mon, Wed, Fri and when the cartridge is empty on Fri, I just insert the new cartridge ready for Monday. I find it much easier this way other wise I would forget to take the injection out of the fridge in plenty time or doing the injection altogether. If you are recommended to try the machine, I would say to try it. It takes out all the guess work and reminding for me.
carolsue
Family Elder

Post by carolsue »

is it less painful than rebiject?

and can I ask/vent why can't we US folks get the new formulation OR this new injector??? argh.