Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
Tif
Family Elder

Re: Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Post by Tif »

On the National MS site, it's Marijuana & MS month. Check it out....

http://www.msconnection.org/Discussions ... rijuana-MS

"MS_Navigators Oct 02, 2014 10:35 AM
October Discussion of the Month: Marijuana & MS
Though still controversial — and not wholly understood — cannabis has gained some scientific support for use in MS — but only for certain symptoms and only in certain forms. Join us for a conversation about marijuana and MS. Share your thoughts and questions below. And check back later this month as we discuss this topic with two leading researchers, Dr. Robert Fox and Dr. John DeLuca."
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Just want to say that I am still very pleased with my response to this Rick Simpson's oil. Massive reduction in both pain and spasticity, better sleep, much improved disposition. Seems to be very effective immediately as an antidepressant, with the caveat that once it is gone out of my system, I really notice what terrible shape I am in.

I am not taking the recommended dose yet. It is actually kind of hard to figure out how much I am taking because it comes on a parchment paper, and my husband has to heat a tool to get the oil off the paper, and then drop it onto a cracker. This is not very scientific. I figure it has taken me two weeks to go through 4 g. I just bought 6 g and I hope to finish it within two weeks. The guy is also jacking up his price and everybody else is selling it in the 30s… Vancouver has a number of medical marijuana dispensaries selling the stuff for $40 a gram… Strata sphere…

I also know that I am amazed at how effective this compound is and I cannot wait to increase the dose, but affording this long-term is going to be problematic at 1 g per day?
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Man, looking at that UK forum I cannot believe the unfamiliarity with this treatment… And quite frankly the total ignorance about its benefits… I feel very fortunate to be in an area where, while this is not legal, it might as well be…

http://www.leafly.com/medical-marijuana ... ancouver/2
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2 ... s-cancer/1

It makes me feel 20 years younger, that’s what the marijuana oil does,” said Paul Morrissey, adding he shovelled snow for three hours during the recent blizzard and blackout with no problems.

“There was pretty ferocious wind and snow. I came out of it looking like a walking popsicle. However after all that work and so forth I was in excellent condition. Even without cancer, I wouldn’t suspect I’d last that long or do that well.”
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

I have one other local person trying the oil and this is what she said… She is also very debilitated, mostly paralyzed… She's only on about four grains of rice… Me I am increasing the dose is fast I can just to see how far it goes in relieving this crazy disease. Last night I could manipulate my wheelchair so much better, my shoulders don't hurt, this is stuff is a miracle…

"

I am having success as well taking the cannabis oil – albeit a little slower results than Marilyn. Getting onto a decent dosage of the oil has taken a bit of time but now I'm starting to see a decrease in the spasticity in my legs, better sleeping, better mood and more energy. I'm patiently waiting to see hopefully more dramatic results. I highly recommend it!"
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Last night I had the realization that finding this cannabis oil is going to create an instant/instant radicalization of my attitude. I was diagnosed primary progressive (although back in 1992 it was called chronic progressive) and year after year I have searched for some kind of treatment that would positively impact the constellation of neurological deficits. And of course the medical community is insistent that there is no treatment for primary progressive MS. Well, this oil is proving to be a miracle. It helps on so many levels and I'm not even on the 1 g recommended therapeutic dose for the beginning. I want Rick Simpson to win the Nobel Prize in medicine… You have to understand that I have tried dental revision, hyperbaric chamber, every supplement on the face of the earth, spent tens of thousands of dollars on pursuing whatever might help. Thyroid medication was a definite good discovery, it helped a lot, but this is the first thing that I have ever seen that can help mobility, spasticity, sleep, mood, I think energy… It is criminal that this is not being given for free to every person with multiple sclerosis on the face of the earth. I am so angry that this is being demonized when we could all grow our own cure in our backyards.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Well, I decided to experiment today and ingest 1 g of the cannabis oil. I have been doing maybe .5 g a day, and this whole experience is going to lead to desperation or something. I woke up this morning, and I knew that the oil was no longer in my system. So, immediate return to pain/spasms/depression, and I mean depression these days. I just don't seem to have any desire left to live this way. However, the oil does seem to keep me more level, and at least not obsessed with dying/suicide. I don't know how people manage to cope with this stuff, and I feel like I should not complain because I know so many people are not getting the help they need and they feel hopeless. I am lucky in that I am still living outside a facility, my husband did not leave, I have 2 caregivers that work full-time, I get 10 hours a day of assistance, so this would be like heaven for many. I know all of that, but I am TIRED of everything. I am 58, was using a walker all during my 40s and it's been so many years where the quality of life was even 50-50.

I can feel the oil start to kick in, I took it about an hour ago. I have a feeling I will be very very stoned today.

I will update people on what ensues with this dose. My feet are tingling right now like crazy, but when I'm hoping is that I will be able to move something, a toe perhaps? that I couldn't before? I know when I do this oil my hands are not clenching, but I don't see much improvement in mobility, my ability to maneuver my fingers… Should be interesting…

I thought about posting this on the MS website for the UK and the discussion on marijuana, but decided my energy is not into the extra posting, but feel free to copy and paste on the UK forum…

I no longer consider this oil optional and I'm now going to be in a huge conundrum. I cannot afford the medication at the dose required, I already know that. My medical marijuana dispensary raised the price to $25 a gram… Rick Simpson recommends starting out a therapeutic dose of 60 g… Ain't going to happen…
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

… I just can't get over the statistics of chemotherapy, which is part of stem cell treatments…

http://cancerfighter.wordpress.com/2008 ... tatistics/

I think it is so toxic, I would not want to touch it, the people I know that have done chemo are left with intestinal problems as it really destroys the digestive system, because they are fast growing cells… Chemo wipes out the cells.

http://norml-uk.org/2012/08/cannabis-can-cure-cancer/

I was not able to do a full gram yesterday, by 3 o'clock I was so out of it, off planet that I didn't think I could go any higher… I did regret that however, I wish I had followed through. I think I did about 60% of 1 g. This stuff really has a punch.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Well, I find it kind of curious, the silence… Those of us with primary progressive MS really don't have many options do we? I thought there would be more interest in something that actually, amazingly, helps with depression, pain, spasticity, sleep… What other drug on what other planet can help with that? No pharmaceutical that I know of…
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

http://phoenixtears.ca/what-it-does-and-how-it-works/

I find this article very interesting, the information about the pineal gland. It takes a brief search on Google to see that it would seem that people with MS have a calcified pineal gland…

http://www.annlouise.com/blog/2013/09/0 ... a-hormone/

I know a long time ago we had a conversation about melatonin, I think the controls over 100 cancers… So I think Simpson is probably right about his theories…

Return to “Medical Marijuana”