Charlotte's Web CBD Oil is Helping With my Nerve Pain

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Charlotte's Web CBD Oil is Helping With my Nerve Pain

Post by ElliotB »

After suffering for well over a year with nerve pain which has increased in frequency, intensity and duration, and finally giving up on trying CBD oil from Florida which was supposed to be available now and I have come to learn has been delayed, possibly as long as 1 year, I decided to give Charlotte's Web CBD oil from Colorado a try.

I believe it is helping me. I started taking it 3 weeks ago and noticed a bit of improvement within 2 days. The frequency, intensity and duration of my episodes has continued to improve a bit. I have even been able to sleep through the night twice in the last couple of weeks. It has been a loooooooooooong time since that has happened! While it is certainly not a cure and has not seemed to help with some of my other symptoms, the CBD Oil does seem to be having some kind of positive effect.

You may be familiar with the name Charlotte's Web which has been in the news over the past few years. CBD oil has been helping kids with seizures where other medications have been ineffective.

If you have nerve pain, you may want to give CBD oil a try as it may help. But beware, the CBD Oil products are without government regulation and some products on the market have little or no CBD content even though they claim they are high in CBD and can contain contaminants such as pesticides. CW Botanicals out of Colorado produces and sells the Charlotte's Web CBD Oil and they appear to be legit.

If you already have tried it, you may want to share your experience with others here...
1eye
Family Elder

Re: Charlotte's Web CBD Oil is Helping With my Nerve Pain

Post by 1eye »

Sativex, though it used to contain only THC, now also claims to contain cannabidiol (CBD). These things are determinable using different strains of cannabis. I have read, but not experienced, that a strain which is good for both (I believe a hybrid) is available.

Anyway I expect to have nerve pain in my face, and probably have it already in my spine. Pursuant to this, I had an email conversation with Barbara Turnbull, who is now deceased. You may not know, but she was a quadriplegic after a convenience store shooting in Mississauga, Ontario. She became a successful journalist.

She told me that her seizures were whole-body, and that they were uncontrollable. She would just have to wait for them to stop. Unless she smoked marijuana. If she, did, the seizures would quickly stop, often after only one puff. I don't know about her pain, as she only told me about marijuana for what I assume were episodes of spasticity.

So it does help with my MS-hug and my spastic legs. It also helps my back pain, and the pain I get when lying down, which I can only describe as general inflammation. I used to get this in the form of flu-like symptoms when I was on interferon beta 1a for 7 years. Now it's not quite as bad but it's enough to stop me from sleeping until the Sativex kicks in.

I only take it when lying down because a side-effect is that it makes my dizziness worse, and if I was upright I might have a fall.

Although cannabis dissolves well in oil, I think Sativex is an alcohol tincture. Someday when I get to try my friend's Soxhlet extractor, I may try to make my own. Don't worry I won't end up doing a Richard Pryor. Alcohol is fine, no cocaine or ether is used in this process...

My nephew, who may try it for his trigeminal neuralgia, is very reticent, because it is thought to be capable of causing psychotic episodes. He is wary of this because he believes chemistry (a prescription drug) was behind his long bout with bipolar disorder. I can also attest to this because the same thing did happen to my son, who is now bipolar. My personal belief is that if the ground is prepared by other mental trauma, cannabis can be the thing that triggers it. So be careful. It is pretty harmless otherwise. But it is very psychoactive, so caveat emptor.

And that's all I have to say about that.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)