Juicing raw cannabis

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
brm
Family Member

Juicing raw cannabis

Post by brm »

Hi all,

I came across ingesting (e.g. by juicing) raw cannabis a while ago, and I found it intriguing. As I understand it, by consuming it raw, THCA will not be converted to THC and therefore you won't have any psychoactive effects. In turn, this should allow you to easily take in much more of the cannabinoids in the plant which would be beneficial to one's health.

A few pages with some info are: Any reading material always seems to point back to a Dr Courtney, so I'm guessing the health benefit claims are based only on his experiences.

I find it all very interesting and I'd certainly like to try this, but the legal status of cannabis here will probably not make that possible. So I was wondering if anyone else had come across this, and perhaps even tried it?

Cheers,
brm
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Juicing raw cannabis

Post by ElliotB »

since you are avoiding the THC, doesn't it make sense just to take readily available high quality CBD oil?
brm
Family Member

Post by brm »

Interesting thought, I'm not sure what the differences are. Things that come to mind:
  • - perhaps there's a difference in the total amount of cannabinoids that you're consuming
    - maybe THCA in itself does have beneficial effects, and wouldn't be present in CBD oil (I think)
Guess I was just curious to see if someone had heard from this raw cannabis juicing.
For what it's worth, I have tried CBD oil for a while.
RSP

Post by RSP »

I have the understanding that CBD's and their associated compounds are activated and released via temperature. Typically between 274 degrees F and 440 degrees F. Just short of the flash point. (burn point). So it's difficult to imagine eating raw cannabis to achieve the same effective benefit as vaporization, smoked or edibles.

Return to “Medical Marijuana”