need a primer on pot

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

Loobie, here we've switched to a topic I know a bit about...s**t.
Honestly barely anything passes my lips except for fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains, yet the toilet remains empty but for occassional goat spore..
Magnesium did not work, I don't know where what I've ingested goes to..

I did find one thing that works for me without fail.

You can get it at your local Vitamin Shoppe near the 'digestive aides' It's called bentonite clay.
It's an adsorbant, it kind of gathers up everything that's hanging around and coalesces it.
I take it for about 3 days in a row every couple of weeks...et voila..
It's what a cigarette and a cup of coffee seems to do for some.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Dude,

Thank you so much. That's the first time I've heard of that and I often think the same thing; where the hell is it going? My input and output don't seem to be in a good balance, but it's obviously not killing me since I've been pretty locked up for years now. I am picking up some of that today. Thank you and here's hoping it works for me. PM me if you need help getting some MJ.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

lew, msm, that is beyond my comprehension that the mag didn't work for ya! at least it does work for many... i'll pm u L
Cojack
Family Member

cannibis slows disease progression

Post by Cojack »

posted under the 2010 promise is the uk canabis study that says that their trial is seeing if cannabis slows disease progression....do any users believe that it does??
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

I don't believe it does just some symptom relief.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
Cojack
Family Member

Post by Cojack »

Robbie,

you're in CA, have you tried sativex?
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

No I haven’t Cojack, just smoke.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Coj,

I'm with Robbie in that I've never thought it did anything to impede progression. I've read a few abstracts (I can't tell you where) where someone was wanting to experiment to see if MJ is neuroprotective. That's the only time I even considered it. It just helps my symptoms, both physical and mental.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

I agree. They had me on a bunch of different meds to relax my muscles and after a while I was peeing a darker thicker pee and my Liver was literally bugging me.

I quit all but the baclofen, and when needed some Mary Jane. She has never given me a negative effect during or after use.

I also take 4-AP which helps me tremendously with the spasticity, but the MJ does what the other 2 don't.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

Agreed with the above.

Helped Mel.

I joined in.

Just for kicks.
msmything
Family Elder

update on pain vs MJ

Post by msmything »

Ok I did it.
Got some, so saturday I sat down on the couch and 'lit up'.
As I recalled from my teenage attempt, my 1st reaction was panic..but that passed.
Then the most amazing thing happened. Apparently I never noticed that my husband is the funniest human on the planet...aside from me of course, everything out of my mouth was wise and witty.
Then I noticed that I was doing a pretty good imitation of Jabba The Hut. I was in a relaxed semi sprawl, mouth agape, near to drooling out of the corners of my mouth...
That happened in response to some sort of absolutely intriguing info mercial.
To be honest I don't really recall if the pain left, but I did notice that I didn't give a flying fig about much of anything...that's a positive.
My forearms feel realxed still today, no pain there, my neck is still spastic.
So, I can see this having a place at cocktail hour.
I am still in amazement as to how STUPID i got for a matter of hours, and totally unmotivated, did mange to whip together dinner but that's about it.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..
Artifishual
Family Elder

Post by Artifishual »

that's sorta weird to me. it has the opposite effect in that i seem to be more motivated. hmmmm, but yeah if i go overboard with it i tend to get sorta goofy, well shit i'm sorta goofy without weed. maybe next time just take a couple of small puffs. my wife sometimes gets aggravated at me when i get the giggles. 8) my favorite thing to do is play baseball with my 5 year old son, granted we use wiffle balls when dad plays. :wink:
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

The cocktail hour thing really struck a chord with me. That's exactly how I do it, except cocktail hour keeps getting later and later since it steals so much leg strength! At any rate, I'm glad you got a hold of some and are giving it a go. I think you'll find that if you use it in minimalist fashion, that you will look forward to cocktail hour in a big way for that "sweet relief" from pain and tingling. I think overuse dilutes the efficacy even though you can still get higher than a Georgia pine using it all day, but I think going all day without it makes it feel/work that much better. Good luck and I hope you find it another good tool in the fight.

Return to “Medical Marijuana”