This is fascinating for two reasons: 1. Serono sounds confident that cladribine (mylinax) will be approved, and 2. We see all the things we know about the drug company marketing machine actually spelled out.
Senior Product Manager, Professional Marketing - Team Leader - Neurology - EMD Serono
Location: Rockland, MA
EMD Serono, Inc. is a leader in US biotechnology, focusing on reproductive health, metabolic endocrinology, and neurology. More than 500 people work in the world-class facilities in Rockland, MA, and approximately 250 work in the field.
Lead the Cladribine Consumer Marketing Team. During the pre-launch period, responsible for ensuring the Tactical Plan is implemented effectively so the appropriate promotional and educational materials are prepared for drug approval. Anticipating cladribine approval, will oversee the development of promotional materials and consumer programs / initiatives based on clinical data and other key selling points relevant to patients. Post approval will refine strategies and tactics as cladribine uptake is measured.
- Lead the cladribine Consumer marketing team.
- Develops the strategy for successfully launching cladribine to people living with MS and newly diagnosed with MS.
- Ensure the brand has a leading share of voice with consumer MS audience.
- Oversee the development of marketing tools, programs, and services that fulfill pre-launch and launch strategies and the tactical implementation of them which include, but are not limited to live programs, collateral materials, teleconferences, nurse speaker training on patient slide kit, patient ambassador development, slide development, competitive responses.
- Judiciously prioritize strategies and tactics based on potential value to the cladribine brand and the MS franchise.
- Devise consumer channel strategy and supports allocation of budget and tactics/programs across various consumer channels.
- Iterate and refine initiatives and programs taking into consideration the changing competitive landscape including other emerging therapies, new clinical data, and emerging market research findings. Works with the Director of Cladribine Marketing to ensure that these strategies fit with the overall US Cladribine strategy.
- Work in close collaboration with business intelligence and market research on the development of research tools and analysis of results to better refine consumer programming and initiatives.
- Work in close collaboration with field sales management and patient service center to ensure successful development and implementation of programs, tools, and services with consistent marketing messages.
- Build relationships with key internal and external customers to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis, core strategies, programs and results of our competitors and communicate this information within the team.
- Partner with designated customer associations, both professional and consumer to ensure that EMD Serono is well acquainted with their goals and vice versa.
- Stay abreast of ongoing clinical development for the brand.
- Post launch, conduct field visits as necessary to evaluate effectiveness of marketing programs, tools and services.
- Post launch, work with Marketing Advisory team to develop and adapt plans, support implementation of new and unique customer programs, and value-added services, etc.