Novantrone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Novantrone
Lap

Novantrone

Post by Lap »

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for Novantrone to have any effect? My daughter has had three doses over the past three months and is to have one injection every three months for the next year to 18 months. She has very aggressive MS abd has been in sharp decline for 2 years and so far teh Novantrone has shown no effect/
mscaregiver
Volunteer Moderator

Post by mscaregiver »

Hi Lap, the person I care for took 3 treatments and then we decided to stop the Novantrone, this was a personal decision based on the toxin aspects of the treatment..

Kathleen is now going to go with LDN and possibly one more type teatment , which will not be any of the abcr drugs.

She could see no positive results in the 3 treatments, but each case is different per individual..

Philip
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Novantrone

Post by HarryZ »

Lap,

After hearing this story it sometimes makes you wonder about our health care people. It appeared in another MS Internet Forum.

About a year ago, a lady was suffering an exacerbation and went to a neurologist in her home town. It was her first visit to his office. She started to become suspicious when this neuro did not ask her about any history of her MS. He immediately suggested that she start on Novantrone. Not knowing anything about the drug, she decided to do some research about it and then advised that doc that she really didn't want to use Novantrone. He wasn't very friendly toward her because of her conviction.

Last month she received a brochure from the company who makes Novantrone, inviting her to a seminar regarding the drug. And guess which doctor was going to be the guest speaker?

Harry

Return to “Novantrone”