New Betaseron User

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Betaseron
dizzzi

New Betaseron User

Post by dizzzi »

I was diagnosed with MS May 13, 2011 and started Betaseron treatment on Monday June 27, 2011.

The BetaNurse was amazing and made the whole process simple. I used the Betaject device for my first shot on my upper right arm and it worked just fine. Tonight is shot #2 and I plan to try a manual injection in the right thigh.

I didn't not experience any obvious side effects. The injection site was slightly red and swollen like a bug bite but that is already gone. I did take 2 advil before the Betanurse arrived just as a precaution.

I plan to keep a journal on this site of my experiences with MS and Betaseron. I hope that whatever I experience will help anyone else going through a similar experience. I would also like to keep a record of my experiences so I can look back on them later.
surfbird
Family Member

Post by surfbird »

Hey Dizzzi,

How'd the manual injection go? I've been on it since Sept 2010 and I still haven't ever tried doing it manually...

Hope everything is going OK for you.
dizzzi

Post by dizzzi »

I've done a couple and they work really well. I have been using the betaject a lot just to see if I like it or not. LOL the first time I used it about jumped out of my skin because of the loud click noise it made. I get red spots where the injection is with the betaject. I almost feel like it too forceful.

With the manual injection, I like being able to pinch an area and inject. I feel like I have more control. I still get red spots but they do not stay quite as long.

Return to “Betaseron”