Do diets work?

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
heyray
Family Member

Do diets work?

Post by heyray »

I started a diet a couple of months ago and have taken the vitamins and supplements that I read about and have had some drastic improvements. However, I don't know if these successes are long term. I'm wondering if anyone has had any long term success on diet, vitamins, and supplements. Can anyone share their successes.
jackD
Family Elder

Re: Do diets work?

Post by jackD »

YES!!

Read my postings and you will learn a lot.

jackD
PS19
Getting to Know You...

Post by PS19 »

Last edited by PS19 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heyray
Family Member

Post by heyray »

Well, so far I'm doing ok but I tend to mix my diet at times because I get tempted to eat inflammatory foods. When I stray away from the diet I feel all the symptoms come back. I've been doing ok though and have tried to stay as close to my diet as possible. I don't know what is helping me the diet or the vitamins/supplements? Hopefully both.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

heyray:
success examples -
i got my position sensory back in my hands (*tear!) after 3 days on a modified oral-only klenner protocol (high protein diet - '2 to 3 eggs for breakfast' is as detailed as it gets - with many added vitamins and minerals).
having position sensory back means i can type, write, play guitar and piano, which was gone for ages but has been restored for years now, no turning back!
also i regained throat function after two days on modifed (properly timed) magnesium regimen. my throat function wasn't off due to ms though - just too much vit d3 and a resulting electrolyte imbalance.

questions/comments-
what is your supplement regimen exactly, heyray? curious about forms, timings, and dosages. care and balance is needed.

you don't have to stay away from inflammatory foods entirely - just limit them, make mostly healthy choices, and ensure an overall balance. have you done IF scoring on some of your sample daily food intakes? if not, maybe give it a shot, aim for +100 on the anti-inflammatory side and that should get you in the right ballpark.

glad you feel better when on your regimen. keep up the good work! if you ever get a chance, getting bloodwork done can really keep you informed re efficacy. ttfn
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
PS19
Getting to Know You...

Post by PS19 »

Last edited by PS19 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dez2000
Family Member

Post by dez2000 »

Best thing I ever did for me and family was get into vitamins and supplements. I started 50 years ago and as I learned more about them I added more. In 2008 I read papers by Dr F R Klenner and learned about the incredible value of vitamin C for prevention and cures for all most all of mans ills. Looking sixty, at eighty one going for a hundred.
The study of Dr F R Klenner’s life, as doctor in Reidsville NC is a classic example of a daring pioneer in medicine who chose to cure, not just treat his patients. Let him become your doctor. The Klenner Protocol is his cure for MS. …dez...
MELVIRA

Post by MELVIRA »

No! Diets alone will not help with MS, however, it may help your overall health since eating proper is always beneficial. There are Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 supplements which are helpful with MS.
trisca
Family Member

Post by trisca »

No! Diets alone will not help with MS
Do you have some proof of that? I mean, will not help is pretty broad. I can see "diets alone will not cure ms" but help?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

in my case, my strong feeling is that my pre dx poorly executed vegan diet increased my vulnerability to ms. correcting those poor dietary choices post dx has mitigated things to the point where i have stable health. there has been nothing since that i could term an exacerbation or relapse that hasn't been eventually revealed to be associated with a nutritional imbalance of some description.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.