Old Swanker

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
amyshaw

Old Swanker

Post by amyshaw »

Hi All
In 1997 at age 37 I was diagnosed with MS based on a single bad exacerbation and MRI's showing lesions (3) in my brain and a large one on my spine. I immediately started and strictly adhered to the Swank diet. I had no problems til 5 years later (when my father passed away) I had optic neuritis. I went blind in my Right eye and the central vision has never returned. Other than that, I have had no troubles. I recently had a set of MRIs (just to see if there were any silent lesions) and there were none. No lesions in my spine can be seen and there is one small one in my brain. I have never taken any CRAB drugs, just the diet. I sincerely believe that has made all the difference.
I hope this helps someone.
Take care
Amy
daverestonvirginia
Family Elder

Re: Old Swanker

Post by daverestonvirginia »

Amy, That's great. I have been on the Best Bet Diet for about six years now and have been doing very well. Off the top of my head I can't remember the differences between BBD and Swank but I believe they are very simular? I just believe no matter what it is just a good way to eat. I do take copaxone, which I believe in, but truth be told it is also to make my wife happy. Good luck. Dave

Return to “Diet”