ugh i'm reacting to wheat and sugar

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

ugh i'm reacting to wheat and sugar

Post by jimmylegs »

well, for the first time since 2006 my tummy is really upset after eating, and i don't like it. highly unusual intakes of wheat, dairy, alcohol and sugar lately. too many holiday sugary baked goods, too much rum and egg nog, too many stuffing side dishes. i didn't actually figure it out until i was offered french toast for breakfast today when i would normally have eggs and veg or fruit and steel cut oats. the french toast set me off right away. so, time to return to my usual sparse intakes of the bad guys, and also to be diligent with the daily 50mg zinc pill. one of these days i really am going to have to toughen up and start eating oysters :S
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: reacting to wheat and sugar

Post by jimmylegs »

back to normal a week later - yippee!
diet much improved. the bad guys still represented, but much less so. feeling fine.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Many don't believe that diet is important - I for one disagree. NO MORE CHEATING, LOL!

I see you eat steel cut oats. Have you ever tried Coach's Oats?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Reacting to wheat and sugar

Post by jimmylegs »

hi thanks :D
no i haven't tried coach's, i get these:
http://www.bobsredmill.com/organic-steel-cut-oats.html
just trying to finish my morning bowl now. soooo filling!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Coach's Oats are excellent. If you ever see them, consider trying them (they are not readily available but you can get them online and Costco sometimes has them). They have a really nice texture and flavor.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i'll keep an eye out :)