need advices on diet

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
9999programmer

need advices on diet

Post by 9999programmer »

I live in Ukraine, very poor country with no DMD from authorities or insurance companies. buying drugs from my purse seems too expensive.
do you think that diet is effective enough to stop the disability progression? or I have to buy DMD anyway?
what diet is the most effective?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: need advices on diet

Post by ElliotB »

Hi and welcome to TIMS. You may find this thread of interest, one which I responded to about 3 years ago on the same general topic and may help answer some of your questions:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/diet-f9/topic25074.html

There are probably many other similar threads on the site.

Unfortunately no one knows for sure whether DMDs or diets really work or if anything else really works (as all various the protocols seem to work for some but not all), but it makes sense to do as much as possible to help yourself be as healthy as possible. There is a lot of information on this site with regard to diets, DMDs and other protocols. I suggest you do a lot of reading (here and elsewhere on the web) and make decisions based on what makes the most sense to you.

What kind of diet do you follow now? Do you take supplements? Do you exercise? Have you had blood work done?

Hope you are feeling better soon!

FWIW: There are many treatment options that do not require a lot of money that could be effective for you (and would be worthwhile trying)!