GMO, roundup, pesticides, herbicides ...

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
9999programmer

GMO, roundup, pesticides, herbicides ...

Post by 9999programmer »

what do you yhink about dangerous substances in food, for us, MS dieters? are they completely prohibited ? as far as I know, all soy and all corn are genetically modified and grows from infertile seeds, with huge load of dangerous chemicals like roundup (that causes cancer and intestine inflamation + leaky gut syndrome). the same with most conventionally grown foods.

what can we do in such a situation? do you buy 100% organic food all the time?
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: GMO, roundup, pesticides, herbicides ...

Post by ElliotB »

I happen to think this is a major issue/concern for everyone, especially for those of us with MS.

I think it is very important on understand that "Organic" does not mean pesticide free (this is a myth). In fact, since the pesticides used in organic farming are typically less effective than regular pesticides, more (volume wise) are used and the foods could potentially have more pesticide on/in them than conventional products.

The bottom line is that organic foods are generally not any better health wise than their conventional counterparts.

The only solution is to avoid eating these foods as much as possible and/or to grow/eat your own totally pesticide free fruits and vegetables.

ALSO, all grains, ALL grains, are loaded with pesticides as they are used both during growing and AFTER they are harvested.

Return to “Diet”