RE A NEW STUDY ON USING FOOD AS MEDICINE FOR PEOPLE WITH M.S

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
seeva
Family Elder

RE A NEW STUDY ON USING FOOD AS MEDICINE FOR PEOPLE WITH M.S

Post by seeva »

HI FRIENDS PLEASE READ
https://multiplesclerosis.net/living-wi ... -medicine/
regards
sever
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: RE A NEW STUDY ON USING FOOD AS MEDICINE FOR PEOPLE WITH

Post by ElliotB »

I tend to agree with the premise, but disagree with many of the statements made. IMHO, the Mediterranean diet is not the best diet choice although it is certainly a very popular one.

According to the article, "A poor diet can increase disease activity so it’s important for everyone to use food as medicine." While I agree with this statement, the REAL problem is that no one knows exact what foods constitute a good or poor diet.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

ElliotB wrote:I tend to agree with the premise, but disagree with many of the statements made. IMHO, the Mediterranean diet is not the best diet choice although it is certainly a very popular one.

According to the article, "A poor diet can increase disease activity so it’s important for everyone to use food as medicine." While I agree with this statement, the REAL problem is that no one knows exact what foods constitute a good or poor diet.
I disagree. Cardiologist Dr. John Day found out what a bad diet will do. Bagels, doughnuts, diet soda, cheeseburgers and pizza led to him being on 5 different meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. He recovered his health by following the example of centenarians in a remote village of China.

https://drjohnday.com/the-longevity-plan/
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"Bagels, doughnuts, diet soda, cheeseburgers and pizza" - Not everyone will agree that all the foods in your list are bad. And ultimately what would be considered healthier or even 'healthy' versions of all those items are readily available.

In any case, not everyone that eats bagels, doughnuts, diet soda, cheeseburgers and pizza end up with heart issues. And there are those that don't eat those items that still end up with heart issues. And there are people who eat what is commonly considered a 'healthy' diet, exercise and are in good general health that have heart issues.