Keto diet?

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
vesta
Family Elder

Keto diet?

Post by vesta »

Greetings.

Does anyone have an opinion about the following diet?

Keto Diet Fundamentals
https://hvmn.com/library/ketosis/keto-diet-fundamentals

Thanks, Vesta
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Keto diet?

Post by ElliotB »

Yes, I basically follow this type of diet and have been for about 5 years. My overall health is excellent and my MS is currently under control and has been since I started this diet.

One EXTREMELY important consideration, the meats for health reasons for those with MS IMHO must be 100% grass fed and any fish/seafood consumed must be wild caught, not farm raised.

Interestingly and not commonly known is that the vast majority of the nutrition in meats/seafood comes from the healthy fats contained within them. Fat is loaded with energy as well. Another common misconception about fat in foods cause weight gain where the opposite is true which is why people following keto diets loose weight. Again, for health reasons for those with MS, the fats must originate from grass fed animals and wild caught fish/seafood.
vesta
Family Elder

Re: Keto diet?

Post by vesta »

ElliotB wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm Yes, I basically follow this type of diet and have been for about 5 years. My overall health is excellent and my MS is currently under control and has been since I started this diet.

One EXTREMELY important consideration, the meats for health reasons for those with MS IMHO must be 100% grass fed and any fish/seafood consumed must be wild caught, not farm raised.

Interestingly and not commonly known is that the vast majority of the nutrition in meats/seafood comes from the healthy fats contained within them. Fat is loaded with energy as well. Another common misconception about fat in foods cause weight gain where the opposite is true which is why people following keto diets loose weight. Again, for health reasons for those with MS, the fats must originate from grass fed animals and wild caught fish/seafood.
Thank you ElliotB for your informative response which I quoted on my site. The HVMN company wanted to partner with my site though they may change their mind because they are selling a product whereas you are following the KETO diet on your own. Nonetheless the info they present is interesting and perhaps worth reading. So thanks again.

Best regards, Vesta