Just found out I'm pg, what amount of vits to take?

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Just found out I'm pg, what amount of vits to take?

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Hi
I'm just delighted, found out I'm pg. Was on Copaxone, but had a hunch I was pg so I gave it up about 6 days after conception, so I'm not worried about that.

I'm taking a general pregnancy multi vit/mineral.
But I'd also been taking 1,000 mcg Vit D - should I continue? Or is that too much during pg, does anyone know? Am taking calcium too, but I will continue that as on best bet diet (now starting to eat a little cheese as I'm craving it).

WW
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

pg news

Post by jimmylegs »

hiya ww! congratulations!!! the consensus appears to be 4000IU daily for vitamin D whether from supplement or other sources. i couldn't recommend supplement amounts of anything specifically without knowing what your serum values were. but 1000 IU D3, i can't see that being too much, no way.

anyway congrats again!
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

Congrats but when you are having a baby I'd check with the doctor on a specific dose.
John was diagnosed Jan 2005. On lipitor 20mg .On Copaxone since July 4,2005. Vitamin D3 2000iu-4000iu (depending on sunshine months)June 10 2005(RX::Dr. O'Connor) Omega 3 as well Turmeric since April 2005. Q10 60mg. 1500mg liquid Glucosamine Nov 2005.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Thanks for the replies, I have decided to go see a nutritionist and make sure I am getting all the right stuff.
I want to stick to BBD as I feel well, but I think seeing a nutritionist will set my mind at ease,
thanks again
WW