Jelinek diet discussion

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Jelinek diet discussion

Post by jimmylegs »

i'll take hard work before drugs any day of the week, but that is just me.. and also highly context-specific!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
pawel96
Family Member

Post by pawel96 »

You're right, longterm I would rather depend on food then on drugs. But the work is hard... :)

Anyway, I feel like I should introduce myself.... I think I'll post this in the other section of the forum.

Pawel
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

My approach is to do both. Swank diet and Tecfidera (previously copaxone). Need discipline now to do stretches and balance exercises.
mmpetunia
Family Elder

Post by mmpetunia »

I went to the Overcoming MS retreat near Melbourne, AUS almost a year ago. If you have the opportunity I would recommend it. Very comprehensive, we did a lot more than change our diets although that was part of it. It was also a great experience to be in a room with so many others with MS. Also, I'll have to do some digging but a research study was published that demonstrated significant increases in quality of life after attending the retreat. The stats given on effectiveness of diet and others seemed biased, however, Dr. Jelenik and his assistant Karyn are both doing fabulously after many, many years of MS. Coincidence? Hard to say, but I think it was a worthwhile experience.
Dx: 9/8/11 RRMS
OMS diet plus lean poultry
Tecfidera as of 8/21/2014
18+ brain lesions and 6 spinal lesions
EDSS 1.5-2
http://mylaceybrain.wordpress.com