Live Zamboni / Zivadinov CCSVI web forum - April 14th 2010

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Mutley
Family Elder

Live Zamboni / Zivadinov CCSVI web forum - April 14th 2010

Post by Mutley »

details are at http://ms.about.com/b/2010/04/06/live-c ... -forum.htm

On April 14th, the MS Society and the American Academy of Neurology will hold a live web forum about CCSVI and MS. Anyone can attend.

The forum will be at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time. It will last 90 minutes. The panel will consist of the following speakers:

Dr. Paolo Zamboni, Director, Vascular Diseases Center, University of Ferrara, Italy
Dr. Robert Zivadinov, Associate Professor of Neurology at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York
Dr. Andrew Common, Radiologist in Chief at St. Michaels Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, CA
Dr. Aaron Miller, Professor of Neurology and Director of the MS Center at Mount Sinai, New York, member of the AAN Board of Directors, Chief Medical Officer of the National MS Society
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
Hockeydad
Family Member

Post by Hockeydad »

Very interested to hear from Dr Common. St Mikes is the largest MS Center in Canada, and ,yet their senior MS doctors are downplaying all of Dr Zamboni's research. If he is a supporter, that could have huge ramifications throughout St Mikes.
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Shucks. April 14 is when I have my testing scheduled.

But... let's see, the testing is at 1:15 pm PST, and the webcast is at 12:00 EST, so that's what, 4 hours 15 minutes apart? I might make it. Off to register.
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

I am curious how this will play out, will it be adversarial or collaborative?
tazbo
Family Member

Post by tazbo »

I hope it goes well for CCSVI.
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

Starts in 15 mins....
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I think its 6pm UK time????
Out2l8
Getting to Know You...

Post by Out2l8 »

Doesn't play for me! Any body else having trouble?
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

I'm watching it now...
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Out,

You need to log-in with email & password.

http://register.mediasite.com/?nd=listing&setsite=15

PN
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

Out2l8 wrote:Doesn't play for me! Any body else having trouble?
I just spent most of an hour trying to get on. I was 3 minutes late getting registered and could never get on during the presentation. Don't know if it was my computer which sometimes misbehaves on Internet Exploer.

I trust they will have it archived for later viewing? If anyone knows where, please let me know. The site does not say that I can see.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

I live blogged on Facebook for y'all...
it will be on the NMSS site later today.
They got over 7000 questions.
Pretty amazing.

scroll down to mid-page-
click on the blue letters under my sig to get to CCSVI in MS on Facebook.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
LSITC
Family Member

Blog

Post by LSITC »

Cheer - thank you so much for this. I only found out about this about 10 minutes into the webcast and will catch up on it later on the NMSS site.
How do you lot find out about these things - I never seem to know what is going on. Aaaarghhhhh!!!!! 8)
Out2l8
Getting to Know You...

Post by Out2l8 »

All right I got on, but missed roughly half of the presentation. Fortunately it will be posted for review on NMSS.

The streaming web site delivering the presentation apparently didn't like my Linux computer! ARGHR!! So I just went on with my Winblows machine and it worked.

Interesting forum. Not too much new for us that have been closely following CCSVI, but good to see a group like this present this condition to the world and answer some question on the direction of this research.

Onward and upward!
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Blog

Post by cheerleader »

LSITC wrote:Cheer - thank you so much for this. I only found out about this about 10 minutes into the webcast and will catch up on it later on the NMSS site.
How do you lot find out about these things - I never seem to know what is going on. Aaaarghhhhh!!!!! 8)
Come on over to Facebook and join in. We have the most up to date info from around the world.
blue letters under my name
I come here for research talk (and to get made fun of), and moderate on FB for real time news-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com