Jacek Kosteki

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
grammastang
Family Member

Jacek Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi Michelle,
Was your procedure done at Selesia Medical University and is it also a hospital? Did you stay overnight there?
Lynda
girl69
Family Member

Post by girl69 »

Hi Lynda,

No, the procedure was done at the "American Polish" clinic, a somewhat small (10 beds) clinic, in a separate building from the "Tychy Wojewódzki Szpital Specjalistyczny nr 1 Street: Edukacji 102" Hospital and on it's own floor, all new modern rooms (had my own with a bathroom with shower) and wonderful nice nurses, at your beck and call !!! I stayed overnight, but really no biggy...
Seriously, don't worry, all new equipment even if the rest of the hospital is not so nice, that part really is ! :)
grammastang
Family Member

Jacek Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Thanks Michelle,
I really appreciate your input. It is a long way to travel from the west coast of Canada to Poland. I just want to know what is ahead. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to be "liberated" You are a really sweet person. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lynda
AMcG
Family Elder

Post by AMcG »

Hello Girls. I first must admit to being a male. I might have made a passable female when I was young and long-haired but not the age I am now. Thanks again for your previous help. I phoned the travel agents today and I hope I have made some progress. I am forced to be a bit awkward as I have a friend going with me for the first few days until my wife arrives for the weekend. So the package they offered me is not going to work. My friend has visited Krakow when he was younger so he wants to spend time there.

As he is doing me a big favour coming I feel I need to try and give him something in return. So I am spending two days in Krakow with him before going to Tychy by train. Then I am spending two days in Krakow with my wife before returning. If it was up to me I would just do the package but I must try to be nice. Also I do not need fetching to and from the Airport but I do need my helper taking to Krakow airport and my wife bringing back. Obviously the travel agents will think I am a real nuisance.

So two more things I would like to ask you Michelle. I can walk probably a mile on the flat OK. The distance to the Hospital on a map looks about 600 yds. If that is correct I could easily walk it and would prefer to. Can you remember how far it actually was?

The last thing is I have still not made my mind up about stents if I need one. Did you have one? If so where was it and is it OK now ?

Alan
girl69
Family Member

Post by girl69 »

Hey Alan, sorry for the assumption that you were a girl, must be your softer side coming through :wink: !
So, hotel is 800 m from the hospital (should be about the same in yards 8O ), so I'm sure you can walk the distance if you want to. Otherwise, taxi's are really not expensive. I didn't stay at Hotel Arena but in a hotel about 3,5 km away and paid 14 zlotys one way...
Yes, I have a stent in my right IJV (only angio for the left side...) and now, almost 3 weeks later, I hardly notice anything anymore. Sure, the first days I felt some discomfort but a man in my group, who got a stent as well, said he couldn't feel a thing ! Maybe men are just tougher :D

Wouldn't worry about that too much if I were you... I didn't do any sightseeing but heard that Krakow is supposed to be real pretty, so have fun (I myself flew to Katowice airport) !

Lynda, If I can help and answer questions, It's the least I can do after everything I learned from all the great people on this forum !!! My turn to give back a little, so don't hesitate if you need more info, you hear !!! :D :D :D
grammastang
Family Member

Jacek Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi Alan,
Hope you are managing to make your way to Poland. That volcanic ash cloud is really causing havoc for travel worldwide. I hope it goes away by the beginning of May as I can't take the train from Canada 8O. As far as the distance from the hotel to hospital I think there is approx. 3ft in a meter (actually 39 inches) 2400 feet or so. Sounds like you can make it without a transfer. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Cheers!!! :wink: :lol:
Lynda
AMcG
Family Elder

Post by AMcG »

Thank you for your kind words. The situation here is not improving. My airline has cancelled flights until 13:00 Monday. The problem now is that the trains to Brussels are now full up and no bookings are being accepted. There are alternative routes thru Paris and Berlin but I do not know whether they are full yet. I am beginning to think about a car journey. I was also told there are 5 other people in my group booked into the Arena. I wonder where they are coming from and how they are intending to cope. I also wonder if there are people from the UK maybe we should hire a minibus. I don't know. But it is getting very interesting.

Alan
grammastang
Family Member

Jacek Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

"very interesting" you say? I would be freaking out by now if I were you!!! It sounds like things are cutting pretty close. A minibus (road trip) sounds like fun. Well I hope you can manage to get there in time. Best of luck
Lynda
girl69
Family Member

Post by girl69 »

Alan, so sorry you have to deal with obstacles on your way (seriously! If even nature makes it difficult for us 8O ) ! I hope you will get there in time ! Good luck !!!
AMcG
Family Elder

Post by AMcG »

Finally got everything booked. Everyone else in the UK seems to be clamouring to get across the channel. There are pictures of long queues and disturbances at the channel ports (on both sides), on the TV. There is even talk of another armada of small ships like Dunkerque to bring people back from France. So I am taking the ferry across the north sea to Rotterdam and then train to Berlin changing at Hanover. After an evening in Berlin then train to Warsaw and finally Katowice. Same route coming back.

I am very relieved and now looking forward to a little adventure!
Katie41
Family Elder

Post by Katie41 »

Fantastic Alan! Have a great adventure!
Katie41
girl69
Family Member

Post by girl69 »

Wow! That was good thinking, Alan :D Enjoy your adventure and especially the "liberation" part !!!
grammastang
Family Member

Jacek Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi Alan
How are you doing? Have you had the procedure? I hope all is well and you are liberated. Looking forward to hearing some good news soon.

Lynda
hale

Post by hale »

Looks like Alan (AmCG) had the operation, you might want to check CCSVI tracking sticky. It would be great to have detailed information about the whole experience though. I have an appointment with Dr. Kostecki in May and am a little worried about the lack of communication. So far I have dates only but not the times. I hope Dr. K sends me more information soon.

Hale
grammastang
Family Member

Jacek KosteckiH

Post by grammastang »

Hi Hale
When is your appointment in May? I am booked in for the week of May 10th to the procedure on May 14th. Has Dr. K sent you the link to EUROPA NOSTRA the travel agent that is handling all the information that you need, accommodations, transfers etc.
Lynda

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”