If YOU were to get treated in Poland, whom would you choose?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Dr. Simka, even if it means longer wait
75%
Dr. Ludyga , even though there are not enough testimonies
25%
Dr. Jacek Kostecki, even though there are not enough testimonies
No votes

Total votes: 4

ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

If you don’t mind, could you tell me why?
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

nwannabe,

Just to answer your question, dr Simka and dr Ludyga are at the same clinic and have the same team. As far as I know dr Simka is diagnosing patients, doing ultrasound and looking at mrv pictures, and he is often present during the procedure itself but he is not he one doing angioplasty. Dr Ludyga is doing both things diagnosing and treatment itself, besides he is the main chief of Euromedic clinic. At the moment Euromedic has some new doctors (never mentioned here on TIMS) who are doing the procedure and performing ultrasound scanning.

Just to give you the example. I was diagnosed at Euromedic Katowice by dr K. in February, he was performing ultrasound and I assumed that he will be the one doing the procedure but yesterday I had my liberation treatment and suprise suprise there was dr Simka looking at my MRV and and another dr B doing the procedure. I never heard of dr B. before, I met him at operating room and I asked what is his name during the treatment. He told me but asked not to put it on net so I will not do it.

As you see Euromedic as a clinic has a lot of doctors and sometimes you register with one of them and then end up with another one. They are doing 6 treatments a day 5 days a week so you can imagine how many pair of hands they need. Besides from what I know neither Simka nor Ludyga answers their mails personally. It all has to go through via Euromedic administration team so I dont think that you will have any say in the choice of a doctor doing the procedure.

By the way dr B was great and the atmosphere during the procedure was amazing. If I could I would not stop loughing.

Thanx dr B
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Thank you mila. I was under impression those were three doctors at three different clinics. Live and learn.

Is Dr. Kostecki in the same facility as well?
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

No dr Kostecki is working separately right now and he is performing the procedure in Tychy which is a city very close to Katowice.
From what I understood from reading the forum since November 2009 Kostecki was working together with Simka at the beginning. I remember Erica from Slovakia (the second person treated in Poland) saying that dr Kostecki was present during her procedure but at the moment he is working on his own and he also have a group of Polish patients in his research program in Tychy. Those patients are treated free of charge.

Hope that I helped you a little
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Also, how come on the reference websites those doctors listed separately AND it appears in separate locations? :( I am lost.

Dr. Marian Simka

Out-patient Department of Angiology
Private Healthcare Institution SANA,
ul. Wodzislawska 78;
Pszczyna, Poland 43-200
Phone: 48 322120498
Email: mariansimka@poczta.onet.pl

* Can assist people in English
* Being one of the first and best known location to have the procedure performed there is a very long waiting list (ie till mid 2011)
* Cost ~6900 euro
* For more info see: ThisIsMS.com – Forum: Dr Simka

Dr. Jacek Kostecki

Email: kosteckj@op.pl

* Apparently a protege of Dr Simka
* Recently began offering the same treatment as Dr Simka

Tomasz Ludyga, EuroMedic

Rolna 18
Katowice, Poland 40-555
Email: t.ludyga@poczta.fm
Phone: 32 354 05 87
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

I think those imfomatrion are not updated.
In December I called the number in Pszczyna and said that i would like an appointment with dr Simka regarding CCSVI scanning and they gave me the number to Euromedic and told me that he is doing it via Euromedic and I have to register with them. And as I wrote befor I registered at Euromedic but was scanned by another dr but at the procedure yesterday dr Simka was present and discussing all the scanc, even doing inspection of my rucksac in search of my MRV CD while I was already on the operating table
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Mila, you are sweet. Thank you so much for yet another explanation :)
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

You are more than welcome.

I really want to help with anything I can.I got so much help and information from reading this forum during last 6 month which made my liberation treatment come true, that now I feel like I have to pay back this debt to other people :-)
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

mila77 wrote:You are more than welcome.

I really want to help with anything I can.I got so much help and information from reading this forum during last 6 month which made my liberation treatment come true, that now I feel like I have to pay back this debt to other people :-)
Oh oh oh, does it mean you just had the procedure done? Like yesterday? Are you about to post the update? Can you tell I am impatient? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

Yes, I had my liberation done just yesterady but I will wait with my full report for a while. I am not just not a convincing example of CCSVI treatment because I am fully capable of doing everything. I am sick for 12 years but for 10 first years I had no relapses and after that 3 mild episodes with numb hands, numb chest area, stiff face but it all was coming and going away. I entered operating room with no symptoms at all, feeling great, no fatigue ever so I assumed that due to my great shape I could not have stenosis or maybe some small nerrowings and I thought it will end up with balooning but it actually turned out that my right jugular was so narrowed that balooning didnt make much change (and it really hurted during balooning) so dr sugessted a stent there and i accepted and the left one was just balooned (no pain at all in the left one).
Anyway, I didnt expect any change because I was fully functional from the beginning but there is a small negative change because my right hand is a little numb since the procedure. Well it is not disturbing me much and maybe it will go away in the morning, after all it is just 24 hours after treatment.

Jut to assure you that they do not put stents all around to everybody, there was a lady in my room in much worce condition than me, barely walkig and she didnt get a stent because after baloonig everything looked good from endovascular point of view. In my case, even though I feel great, veins didnt look so good.

I will put my report on sticky in a week or two so I can observe myself a little longer
mshusband
Family Elder

Post by mshusband »

That's a very interesting story Mila ... very interesting indeed ... and it's good to hear things like that.

Not that you're having numbness since treatment ... but that you had VERY mild MS it seems and yet were found to have very bad CCSVI.

Can I ask ... how old you are?
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

mila77 wrote:Yes, I had my liberation done just yesterady but I will wait with my full report for a while.
I completely understand. I will (try) to patiently wait Image
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

mshusband,

I am 30 years old and I had my first symptoms at the age of 18. It as optic neuritis in the right eye.
But I will tell you one more thing which suprised me lot. At Euromedic they also perform othomologist exam with a some kind of special computer which measures thicknes of nerve fibers and nerv tissue in the eye. I had it done yesterday before treatment and it will be repeated after 3 months dring the checkup. Anyway what was suprising for me is that I had optic neuritis in the right eye and i can not see clearly with this eye, which is the only permanent demage so far. With the left eye on the other hand I see like an eagle :-) but the computer showed more nerve demege in my left eye not the right eye. Dr even asked me if I am sure that I had optic neuritis in the right eye.
As you see some examinations might come as a suprise.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”